• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Am I the only one...

#243818 1 year, 4 months ago
I saw Neil Young's tour at the Spectrum just after Star Wars came out. It was a very visual experience with hooded red-eyed stage hands roaming the stage. But even then, at high school age my opinion of his his two styles has not changed. I LiKED the Canadian, acoustic. NOT LiKED his electric distortion Crazy Horse songs. But I would like all of it just to get the girl.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Cub.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#243820 1 year, 4 months ago
I used to tell my Dad, who is a fan, that Neil Young would get kicked in the balls before he sang. This is when I was 6-7. I listen to Harvest now though and it's just brilliant. Unfortunately that's all I downloaded before I left to India but I'll have to pick more up when I'm back home.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#243833 1 year, 4 months ago
Am I the only that see' s a joke here? Neil is awesome, although I don't like all Neil, I like much Neil.

Kneel and bob? Oh, forget it.

karenrose wrote:
Love Neil. Love Bob.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243855 1 year, 4 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Am I the only that see' s a joke here? Neil is awesome, although I don't like all Neil, I like much Neil.

Kneel and bob? Oh, forget it.

karenrose wrote:
Love Neil. Love Bob.

I didnt catch it intil you said something.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243895 1 year, 4 months ago
Bob mentioned something about Neil on a Weir Here one week... something like "Neil Young has some good ideas, maybe we'll get him in here eventually"

he was talking about the poor quality of mps's and the way a lot of people listen to music today compared to listening to an actual album then he mentioned something quick about Neil having some ideas but didn't go into much detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243917 1 year, 4 months ago
Neil Young .Comes a time album.. Rust never sleeps. Album..both jewels...
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#243945 1 year, 4 months ago
Yes 23, Sorry but I think you are in the minority on this one, maybe a generational issue?
Neil Young is one of my FAVORITES

Greendale was some pretty original stuff though (WHAT A CONCERT)

-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#243948 1 year, 4 months ago
I remember going to the HORDE tour in the early 90's at Hershey Stadium. Neil was the 2nd last act before Blues Traveler. Neil played a half hour accoustic, broke out the electric for an hour or so and stole the show. Blues Traveler came out, played one 45 minute set and walked off stage, humbly knowing Neil had stolen the show.

LEGEND
-- smell every flower --
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#243994 1 year, 4 months ago
search.yahoo.com/search?p=niel+young+poc...i=UTF-8&fr=moz35

Also you might try the Pandora station for Neil. You'll definitely find some you don't like, I'm a fan and I do. But you can thumbs down them and they won't play again.

And Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young is a good way to introduce yourself to his music too.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds