• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
molly trout
Fresh Boarder

Re: I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243699 1 year, 7 months ago
We need to hire Aretha Franklin to wait in the wings, struttin' out on stage > as needed;
come on Aretha, it's time for r-e-s-p-e-c-t...!!! (can we please have your attention)?

& you know, it's been almost 40 years since I've shared my time listening to Bob on stage. I really dig my time(s) being able to recieve & be a part of the experience, in turn & in humble gratitude, I show my respect to artists, including Bob.

I am forever grateful the band keeps playin' on... ~☼~
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#243706 1 year, 7 months ago
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#243717 1 year, 7 months ago
I sympathize with Bob here. If people want to hang out and run their yappys non-stop they should go to the corner bar; it would be a lot cheaper. It's all about knowing how to behave in public (and also about respect for other people,outdated concept, I know).
Every time this subject comes I am reminded of a Crosby, Stills Nash concert I attended in Greensboro (1977 iirc). They were doing a really sweet "Guinevere". There was a lot of restless chatter going, and being in the south somebody in the crowd yelled out "FREEBIRD" to which Mr Nash screamed at the top of his lungs "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" There were about 2 seconds of dead silence followed by a standing ovation. So the next time a performer blows up at the yakkers, make sure to show your appreciation.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by lightchaser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
molly trout
Fresh Boarder

#243725 1 year, 7 months ago
wavy-gravy.jpg

crowd management assistance needed?
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#243726 1 year, 7 months ago
We need more Gravy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, OZA
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243738 1 year, 7 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
I sympathize with Bob here. If people want to hang out and run their yappys non-stop they should go to the corner bar; it would be a lot cheaper. It's all about knowing how to behave in public (and also about respect for other people,outdated concept, I know).
Every time this subject comes I am reminded of a Crosby, Stills Nash concert I attended in Greensboro (1977 iirc). They were doing a really sweet "Guinevere". There was a lot of restless chatter going, and being in the south somebody in the crowd yelled out "FREEBIRD" to which Mr Nash screamed at the top of his lungs "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" There were about 2 seconds of dead silence followed by a standing ovation. So the next time a performer blows up at the yakkers, make sure to show your appreciation.

looks like Pete Townshed was just in a similar scenario to.... !

--so lets's see who we have on our "unprofessional list" so far...

1. Bob Weir
2. Graham Nash
3. Pete Townshed
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243762 1 year, 7 months ago
Yapping during Guinevere should be grounds for immediate and life long banishment from attending live shows.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, lightchaser
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243769 1 year, 7 months ago
hey the man has a breaking point just like the rest of us humans. he showed emotion in public maybe not the best way to handle this but i saw the fire in his eyes and realize our bobby has some gas left in the tank.
And we can only ask others to respect us, but if your at the point where you even have to ask is a shame.
some people are born without any common sense others choose to wallow in selfishness.
I just wish for a space to call my own.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#243771 1 year, 7 months ago
...was incredibly appropriate by putting the fans in there place, even if it is a bar...

RESPECT
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#243775 1 year, 7 months ago
Granted, some of us could lay off the sauce, myself included, but we all could stand a little more gravy.

molly trout wrote:
wavy-gravy.jpg

crowd management assistance needed?
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#246509 1 year, 7 months ago
I found this interesting, sad, unrelatable, and probably relatable to this thread.
www.terrible-twenties.com/post/455389351...everything-is-fodder

*about the author...I'm surprised she is a paid, published journalist. Her written English is pretty shoddy.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#246532 1 year, 7 months ago
I'll bite on this as an old fart. In my day the deal was to be cool and keep your business OUT of the street, Now a days everybody is so narcissistic they want to put their business all over the street. Get a clue, we don't care about your petty little life!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds