• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243535 1 year, 1 month ago
Again,I wish they'd approach the mic every night and use their power to firmly request everyone be quiet while they're playing. It's obvious the audience doesn't have enough self-respect to do it on their own, so it is clearly necessary for someone on stage to make the demand. Walking off stage is a bit much. If it was possible to beat the talkers with a pillowcase of oranges to teach them a lesson, then I'd be okay with them walking off stage. But we cannot punish the inconsiderate people. The band can make more of a direct impact than we ever could. It's called leadership. (It's also the problem with our lack of political leadership. Total unwillingness to ask the citizenry to drive less or use less energy or whatever it is would benefit everyone.)
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Estimated Prophet
Junior Boarder

#243539 1 year, 1 month ago
Jonathan Wilson did a really good job of at the very least quieting down the crowd in Ventura. Who were really rowdy for an acoustic show, even a Saturday night. The trick is for the artist to set the tone early on.

I just don't understand why someone who hates Bobby would be on this board?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#243581 1 year, 1 month ago
Kevin, I'm not a pretentious pompous ass you foolio.

And since when is the Furthur site "dedicated" to Bob Weir?

And please....dont preach to me about what to do and where to do it or what to say or not say. I call em' like I see em'....and bty, Bob Weir has called a few people ass holes and bashed them over the years....but hey.

But you are right....I shouldnt be so hard on the man....he has given me some moments of great joy over the years. But anymore, and for me ever since Jerry died, he has been on a downward spiral.

I am entitled to my opinion....and to me, anymore, Bobbo just sucks the life out of the music and pulls these bullshit stage antics.

I apologize for calling the man a drunk...

But the rest stands.

And who's this Miz you speak of?
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#243582 1 year, 1 month ago
what "antics" does bobby regularly pull? if this was a common thing for him to do nobody would be talking about it.
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#243583 1 year, 1 month ago
I am kinda sad of the reaction to my post. I guess I really appreciate seeing Phil and Bob.I have to admit I pretty much stopped shows in 1995,came back for Furthur in 2009. It probaley is pretty close to over,so hope to enjoy Furthur while it lasts.Furthur,just turn it UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Bob and Phil!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 66slim
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#243585 1 year, 1 month ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Again,I wish they'd approach the mic every night and use their power to firmly request everyone be quiet while they're playing. It's obvious the audience doesn't have enough self-respect to do it on their own, so it is clearly necessary for someone on stage to make the demand. Walking off stage is a bit much. If it was possible to beat the talkers with a pillowcase of oranges to teach them a lesson, then I'd be okay with them walking off stage. But we cannot punish the inconsiderate people. The band can make more of a direct impact than we ever could. It's called leadership. (It's also the problem with our lack of political leadership. Total unwillingness to ask the citizenry to drive less or use less energy or whatever it is would benefit everyone.)

Im confused are you suggesting physical violence against fellow concert goers for talking? Or are you saying that if society condoned physical punishment against subjective opinion then walking off stage would be more acceptable than beating them?

I cant stand talkers but alot of these posts are creepy in their tone and aggression towards people in public gatherings. You sound like you think of yourself as a good candidate for a "benevolent" dictatorship, that kind of imposing will on other beings regardless of how positive you think your force may be or how negative their perceived actions are is disturbing. Unless someone is causing physical/mental harm or hurting in some manner the livelihood, wellbeing, safety or health of another , its time to accept that people are assholes and inconsiderate. I agree with what your trying to convey but not sure i appreciate your choice of words.

Power, demand, firmly , necessary, beat, leadership , punish, citizenry, impact, total, unwillingness, everyone

^wants thats some intense word choices right
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#243586 1 year, 1 month ago
Wavethatflag1987 wrote:
From Deadheadland....

"Reports were that the extra loud guy at Sweetwater that pissed Bob off looks a lot like this picture of the guy that ripped off Hopmonks a couple weeks ago.
__

Hopmonk Tavern in Sebastopol was robbed on Tuesday, February 19th around 11:45PM.

The thief pictured here (wearing an Angels hat and Vans hoodie) got into The ABBEY and stole our mixing board and 2 lighting consoles. The mixing board is a digital console, Yamaha LS-9 32, valued at 10k.

thief.jpg

thief.jpg

Wearing an angels hat...but he sure aint no angel. what a punk !! Get a job you thief!!

And to those that complain about bobby getting drunk, too drunk to play....once in a blue moon a performer just might do this. Man would you guys really would of hated Jim Morrison!! Every performer has his/her bad days...Bobby doesnt do this even 95% of the time, get over it. he probably was at some sushi bar where the people were taking a zillion pictures with him and so happy he was there they kept insisting he take just one more shot of saki with them for good luck. Or at an Italian restaraunt and the owner insisted he helps him polish off a 150 year old bottle of red from the old country before he heads to his show....nobodys perfect!!!
He lost his temper and sounded like a kid, yeah so what....that was him actually being nice. If I were him I would of just stopped playing until the people shut the fuck up. Then proceed when they get the point. Usually doing this just once will make the chattering to a more quiet level than it was at.

It's kind of like when im having sex and the woman stops saying "Harder Daddy, fuck me goddmnit" (As I asked her to please do throughout our engagement....) I will simply stop ramming the crap out of her beautiful healthy behind....pause.....she will eventually realize what it takes for "Daddy" to keep this train movin. Not before long will you hear her start cooperating again. That simple. Just stop what they paid for and wait til they're ready to play by your rules.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by iraqistatefair.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#243587 1 year, 1 month ago
@direwolf I'm pretty sure he was kidding about the oranges...
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#243588 1 year, 1 month ago
No kidding. Did you not read what i posted.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243593 1 year, 1 month ago
iraqistatefair wrote:

It's kind of like when im having sex and the woman stops saying "Harder Daddy, fuck me goddmnit" (As I asked her to please do throughout our engagement....) I will simply stop ramming the crap out of her beautiful healthy behind....pause.....she will eventually realize what it takes for "Daddy" to keep this train movin. Not before long will you hear her start cooperating again. That simple. Just stop what they paid for and wait til they're ready to play by your rules.

I think you could have chosen a better way to make your point.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: molly trout
Time to create page: 1.11 seconds