• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

Re: I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243460 1 year, 6 months ago
And JFTR.....I agree with what Bob was trying to get across.

The way he went about it was totally wrong and fucked over the folks who were not talking.

But hey....its all about Bob Weir.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243461 1 year, 6 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Fucking joke!

He had ZERO regard for the other 98% of the folks who were intentively listening. He acted like an 8 year old child throwing a tantrum.

You're supposed to be a professional.....act like one and play the show you were paid to perform.

Just a grumpy old drunk who's ego is bigger than its ever been.

He sucks anymore!!

ok, cause it was only 2% that was talking right ?

more like over half the place... if he can't hear himself and concentrate why should he keep playing? you could tell he was annoyed/giving clues to be quiet and being distracted during the whole song

it was the 7th song which is what he played the night before during his set - so likely it was the last song

the whole argument that "Bob was wrong and unprofessional because there were paying customers" is a fucking joke...

there would of been another 3 minutes of music if he didn't leave the stage and he could of called it a set after Luce Lucy if he wanted - and not even have attempted the intimate Hard Rain that he tried to play... Bob gave everyone the show they paid for on his part ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: molly trout
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#243463 1 year, 6 months ago
good to see the bobby haters have come out of hiding. welcome to the party pal (s).
Right now, I can't read too well...
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#243477 1 year, 6 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Fucking joke!

He had ZERO regard for the other 98% of the folks who were intentively listening. He acted like an 8 year old child throwing a tantrum.

You're supposed to be a professional.....act like one and play the show you were paid to perform.

Just a grumpy old drunk who's ego is bigger than its ever been.

He sucks anymore!!

philisgod, i thought you were done with your flaming comments jackass.

So you can say whatever you like about bob weir, but anyone bashes someone of your kind and you throw a hissy fit like a little girl.
Lay off Bob Weir or do it on a website that's not devoted to him
Go back to the philzone with all youse guys who can converse over the sound of phil's thumping bass
by the way, MIZ says STFU to you too, he hates when you go see his shows

PS, you got the PC version of what I really would like to say to your pretentious pompous ass
-- smell every flower --
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#243488 1 year, 6 months ago
reagan57 wrote:
weir is an old grumpy alchoholic, his days of wine and roses r long long gone.please sumone tell him enufff is enuff , take a valium n enjoy ur over the hill years.

You are a dick
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#243508 1 year, 6 months ago
Back on track boys and girls.......

interesting issue, I was watching the web stream when he stopped the acoustic set, did not catch the second time

How much talking is too much.?? it's a bar isn't it? I personally tend to agree with his action at least the first time, nice acoustic jam going and if you have a bunch of people 15 feet in front of you obviously talking... I don't know......

Second time seemed a touch harsh but still I would have been a bit irritated.

Heck I have been to live shows outside shows and been irritated with people talking... That is just me...how do people talk at Phil's place?

Seemed a touch harsh but can't blame him though....

J
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#243520 1 year, 6 months ago
Bobby we LOVE you but why are you so Weir?????

-- smell every flower --
Dexter33
Junior Boarder

#243521 1 year, 6 months ago
I find it funny that people are so hard on Bob. The guy is a legend and I personally enjoy listening to him play music. If you do not like what he has to offer do not listen. I have been playing music for some time now and It is not the easiest thing to really get the feel for what your playing every time. Playing music can be hard especially when you have a major distraction right in front you. He obviously loves what he does. Just be respectful and be quiet. One of the best parts of the whole Grateful Dead experience is the hospitality of the people (well most anyways) that are attracted to the scene. Lets not let that part die.
Dexter33
Junior Boarder

#243523 1 year, 6 months ago
Also, how do people know Bob is an alcoholic? The alcoholics I know have a very distinct look and Bob Weir does not have this look.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#243529 1 year, 6 months ago
I personally agree with the sentiment.

If you don't, that's fine, your ticket will sell to some one else.

And seriously, you love the dead but hate bobby ?

Pshhhhhhh
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: molly trout
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds