• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Happy Birthday, David Gilmour! !

#243592 1 year, 5 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Walking down memory lane again... we are snowed in here... one of the best shows I ever saw right around the same time as my 1st GD show... I'm thinking spring 82? .... was David Gilmour solo (with his band) at the same Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh. In usual state of mind LOL the show kicked ass.... my biggest memory is the sax player dissapearing from the stage at the beggining of Money.... and reappearing at the top of the balcony for his solo then making his way down the balcony aisle then reappearing at the back of the orchestra making hs way slowly up to the stage while wailing away.... we were on the aisle about 20th row..... he jammed right past us walking slowly jamming right at folks in the crowd from 3 ft away.... SICK.. finally back hitting the stage as they went back into Money.........gone are the good old days.........

cool story - do you know if Dick Parry was his sax player during that solo tour?

stricken wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
Happy Birthday - best non Dead related show I ever saw, at Radio City. fucking awesome lazer light show... if I only tripped then....

Just like the laser show during the Mississippi all stars:lol:

the All Stars light show as good as it was, wasn't even comparable

Equinox wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
Happy Birthday - best non Dead related show I ever saw, at Radio City. fucking awesome lazer light show... if I only tripped then....

Don't forget the fact that they also played Echoes. Amazing show.

so I take it you went to one?.... and yes that Echoes was simply amazing. One of the things that was so wild was how dark it would be at the dark points, normally at a show when the lights flash you can still see stuff but at this show when they flashed I couldn't see the person next to me - that really added a lot to the intensity of the lights and lasers. I was probably about mid way on the 3rd balcony, great overall view of the whole show, was in awe during that Echoes.

which show were you at? I think I was at the second, I wanted to hear Fat Old Sun missed it, that was 1 song he was switching between shows, he did 'Wot's... Uh the Deal' instead, which was good no complaints.

also worth mentioning Rick Wright and Dick Parry were both part of the band - and I really dug Dave's solo album from the time 'On An Island' - which was the first set.

whole show was killer

was Echoes the encore? -- I can't really remember but I think it may have been
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243595 1 year, 5 months ago
They need to stop jacking around and get Floyd back together. My ass is still black and blue from me kicking it since 1994 when I blew off that tour.

Oh and Happy Birthday David!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243602 1 year, 5 months ago
^^^^^^ this might be the closest you get

Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#243607 1 year, 5 months ago
Just watched his 2006 Royal Albert Hall performance a few days ago that I was lucky enough to attend.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243609 1 year, 5 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
Just watched his 2006 Royal Albert Hall performance a few days ago that I was lucky enough to attend.

That's fantastic. I have a dream to be able to see a show there someday. Talk about a venue that's seen some memorable
performances.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243617 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
They need to stop jacking around and get Floyd back together. My ass is still black and blue from me kicking it since 1994 when I blew off that tour.

unfortunately that is forever out of the question now, with Rick Wright passed on

(((RIP)))
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243620 1 year, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

unfortunately that is forever out of the question now, with Rick Wright passed on

(((RIP)))

No offense, but I think DM knew that. I think what most people want is to see Gilmour and Waters share a stage together, as
in going on tour, to show they've buried the hatchet and play their catalog. Would be great if they had Mason along as well,
and obviously would have to get another keyboard player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#243622 1 year, 5 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Wundurland wrote:

That's fantastic. I have a dream to be able to see a show there someday. Talk about a venue that's seen some memorable
performances.

Hell yeah, since the mid 19th century.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243690 1 year, 5 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

(((RIP)))

No offense, but I think DM knew that. I think what most people want is to see Gilmour and Waters share a stage together, as
in going on tour, to show they've buried the hatchet and play their catalog. Would be great if they had Mason along as well,
and obviously would have to get another keyboard player.

maybe I should of said "I don't think they'll use the Pink Floyd name without Rick Wright" to express what I meant better... I wasn't suggesting anyone didn't know that he wasn't around anymore. then again Gilmour/Wright/Mason all used the name without Waters. I think Gilmour is the one least interested in getting back together or he at least made it seem that way around when he did his last solo tour
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243715 1 year, 5 months ago
^^^^ I think you're right there. Gilmour is probably least interested. It would be a circus if they toured as Pink Floyd. I'd like
to think they might be the only other band that would not reform under their name without a member who's deceased.
If they should choose to call themselves something else and tour together I know it would make many people happy. The three remaining seem to be in good health.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds