• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: pinched sciatica

#243426 1 year, 6 months ago
i think it is a combination of things, and a lot of it stems from the unhealthy lifestyle i was leading on the road. this time though the clinching factor was carrying something heavy with no regard for my body. nobodys fault but mine.

thanks for the advice everyone. i would be more likely to try out direwolf's method as i am not into painkiller or pills of any kind. except those thc ones like DM hooked it up with at the ogden.

shitty part is i have to work through today. and it requires a lot of me getting up and out of the car and moving around the hills of san francisco
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: pinched sciatica

#243428 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:


shitty part is i have to work through today. and it requires a lot of me getting up and out of the car and moving around the hills of san francisco


Look at the bright side...you don't have to walk up and down those hills. Especially the slope of Taylor St., man that one is steep!
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33409
More or less in line

Re: pinched sciatica

#243429 1 year, 6 months ago
Sorry to hear. I have it too. I'm sure I've mentioned it. Long road trips are terrible for the back. Sitting on a cushion helps.
Also yoga stretches, and a heating pad. But some kind of pain medication is necessary when it flares up.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1973

Re: pinched sciatica

#243430 1 year, 6 months ago
hope you feel better soon , take it easy when you can a nice hot bath with epson salts is good too .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1973

Re: pinched sciatica

#243431 1 year, 6 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
hope you feel better soon , take it easy when you can a nice hot bath with epson salts is good too .


maybe your work will let you sit in a hot tub they provide for you too ..
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
Posts:1079
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: pinched sciatica

#243452 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
...this time though the clinching factor was carrying something heavy with no regard for my body. nobodys fault but mine...


Damn Burt! I understand your passion for cougars, no really, I do, but you CAN'T let them hurt you! I won't allow it!

Feel better buddy
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: RowTimmy
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: pinched sciatica

#243454 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think it is a combination of things, and a lot of it stems from the unhealthy lifestyle i was leading on the road. this time though the clinching factor was carrying something heavy with no regard for my body. nobodys fault but mine.

thanks for the advice everyone. i would be more likely to try out direwolf's method as i am not into painkiller or pills of any kind. except those thc ones like DM hooked it up with at the ogden.

shitty part is i have to work through today. and it requires a lot of me getting up and out of the car and moving around the hills of san francisco


LOL! Yeah man I detest pills too. My wife thought I was crazy when I refused painkillers after that jackass crushed my rib cage, I eventually had to cave in after not sleeping for a few nights though. The cannabis oil "pills" just wouldn't cut it
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2338

Re: pinched sciatica

#243466 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i think it is a combination of things, and a lot of it stems from the unhealthy lifestyle i was leading on the road. this time though the clinching factor was carrying something heavy with no regard for my body. nobodys fault but mine.

thanks for the advice everyone. i would be more likely to try out direwolf's method as i am not into painkiller or pills of any kind. except those thc ones like DM hooked it up with at the ogden.

shitty part is i have to work through today. and it requires a lot of me getting up and out of the car and moving around the hills of san francisco


LOL! Yeah man I detest pills too. My wife thought I was crazy when I refused painkillers after that jackass crushed my rib cage, I eventually had to cave in after not sleeping for a few nights though. The cannabis oil "pills" just wouldn't cut it


Crushed your rib cage? What is that all about?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder
Posts:294

Re: pinched sciatica

#243490 1 year, 6 months ago
I've had it and found that alcohol will make it flair up. Avoid lifting anything heavy, try getting a massage from someone who is good at it, don't sit for too long at one time. Once it gets better try stretching or gentle yoga.
These are the good old days!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: pinched sciatica

#243503 1 year, 6 months ago
^^^ Haha yeah splatter - at the Bronco Raven playoff game amid the chaos after that 1st kick return for a TD, someone tackled/fell into me slamming my right side into the armrest of the chair. Went to the urgent care and the whole right side of my rib cage was one large contusion with a couple hairline fractures. Damn it hurt man!! 8 weeks later I'm starting to feel normal again.. well normal pain wise
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds