• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

pinched sciatica

#243342 1 year, 4 months ago
SSIA
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

Re: pinched sciatica

#243350 1 year, 4 months ago
doesn't sound too good. get well soon
Right now, I can't read too well...
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#243357 1 year, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
SSIA

This happened to me in my early twenties because of moving a couch with a buddy. This was after long periods of driving and depressing a gas pedal on tours exacerbated the situation. I used jamaican dogwood tincture with horestail tea to help fix the problem, in conjunction with other tea additives specific to my body area. But the dogwood and horestail regimen worked well for me as did regular everyday stretching of my hip and pain area. Its tough when a nerve runs the length of your leg and through the pelvis whixh is constantly in motion. Good luck to you it may take awhile to get back to normal, mine still hurts every now and then.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#243358 1 year, 4 months ago
You should not take either for more than a few week period, especially the horsetail. Kava tincture though expensive is fantastic for relaxing tensed muscles if the condition may be related to an unconcious stress reaction.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#243360 1 year, 4 months ago
Try Aleve (naproxen). It helps with sciatica. Helped me.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243363 1 year, 4 months ago
Sorry to hear. Hope u feel better soon.

I had to search to see what SSIA meant. Here's what I found:

Acronym Definition
SSIA Shoe Service Institute of America
SSIA Special Savings Incentive Account
SSIA Subject Says It All
SSIA Successful Schools In Action (Seattle, Washington)
SSIA Security Seal Industry Association (UK)
SSIA SnowSports Industries America
SSIA Signal Strength Indication of the Acknowledge (frames)
SSIA Single-Stage Implosion Assembled
SSIA So Sorry in Advance
SSIA Social Services Improvement Agency (various locations)
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#243374 1 year, 4 months ago
Try to space out the pain killers they prescribe you ( I know it's tough...) otherwise you'll end up fiending.

I've got degenerative disc disease, and as such, am constantly struggling with my sciatic nerve. I know what you're going through.

Try to find good seats for shows. Being on the rail the first couple nights of the CO run killed me!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#243376 1 year, 4 months ago
What's causing it?

A new bed, shoes, job...

I lived in a car for about 1.5 years and the position I slept in twisted my back.

I bought a van and slept on a flat surface and it went away after a couple of months.

Just saying maybe there's something In Your environment that may help to change.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243380 1 year, 4 months ago
Get well soon indeed. I hope you can take your mind off it somehow. I've found not dwelling on pain helps alleviate it. If it's beyond that then good luck with whichever remedy you try.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#243392 1 year, 4 months ago
i had similar. i determined that is largely due to loss of core strength from getting older and putting on more weight, and aggravated by stress. i remember not being able to walk and spending the night in a hot bathtub, which provided some relief, but wondering how the hell i was gonna get out. acupuncture was good for acute pain, more likely due to the fact i could take an hour out of the work day and go to a calm relaxing place to have it done. for long term care, i do tai chi and it has really helped. you can start with some simple exercises like below, though i find it is better to take a class with beginners and stumble through the movements....being a natural mimic and exhibitionist, big stupid pratfalls in the presence of others seems to motivate me. good luck!

Time to create page: 0.52 seconds