• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: BRING CAPTAIN TONY BACK!!!

#242951 1 year, 5 months ago
Moderator, thank you for explaining exactly what got Cap'n Tony banned, after all this time of tolerating his posts. I'll come clean, Tony: when we all first started posting I really felt annoyed at some of the posts, although others were funny as hell. What really bothered me was how many silly/stupid posts there were. But there's a person behind all of our posts, and as I read some his responses to other people's threads, I came to know and appreciate Tony better. And his humor became, to me, like that old vaudeville joke about repeating something so many times it becomes funny, I learned to tolerate his Jr. High School humor. I have also had some meaningful PM's with him, and I think he has a good heart It's his head I'm worried about. (no, not that one, stop it now). Learning to accept the Captain has helped me grow. One of the things I have learned is that I don't have to read every post on this board. 99% of the Captain's posts I don't read (reading the thread title is enough). I feel he is a really subtle prankster, in a super obvious way, so obvious you can't see it, maybe. Perhaps I'm reading more complexity into his character than exists there, but I'll never know because I don't know Tony personally, and he never seems to go to any shows.

All that being said, tastelessness is one thing; abusive is another, and I noticed Tony crossing the line there in that regard recently in some of his interactions with others. I often wonder why he has so much time to waste posting on-line; I figure he has a really boring desk job and is trying to reach out for human interaction. I don't know. What I do know is being repeatedly abusive will get you kicked off here, because that's only fair. So, I'm with the Moderator. We just ask for some civility. I wish Tony well and hope he can resolve any difficulties he might be having.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Daisy Mae.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#242954 1 year, 5 months ago
Tony and his tranny midget neverstop66. Oh yeah, I miss those guys.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#243711 1 year, 5 months ago
I would welcome Captain Tony. He is like Howard Stern: First you think crass. Uncouth. Over the line. But then you realizing you were laughing at what he writes while thinking the aforementioned.

While I get the moderators point and I am kind of mild-mannered myself , I must say it is outrageously ironic that the followers of a band who are unwanted in so many jurisdictions and leave the area littered with balloons, drink and drug paraphernalia, who evolved from a 1960s' counter culture and are still regarded as freaks would brand a fellow tribe member as OTHER!!! To be shunned like a an excommunicated apostate. . .. Like The Puritans or an ex-Amish.

You, we(me), are now the establishment. The Orthodox. And that's an F-in shame.

While we may have too many guns, we do have Free Speech, unlike Europe and some American College Campuses.

Sure that may seem laughable: Captain Tony vs. The First Amendment. Yet of all the 'communities' for The Good Ole GD community to drum a member out . . ..

Maybe we can create a Tipper Gore emoticon which Captain Tony could post in his thread titles like a movie rating NC-17 for the Furthur member Faint of Heart?

He is not F-in Manson, just a Merry Prankster, Captain Tony.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by deadegad.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#243712 1 year, 5 months ago
im sure he is fine. where have all the dudes of life gone, my honey.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#243723 1 year, 5 months ago
are y'all that naive you don't realize he never left?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243751 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:

I always suspected that Captain Tony and Wlewis were the same person. Never saw the 2 of them at the same time in the same place.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243755 1 year, 5 months ago
I think some of his stuff was funny but sometimes he went to far to make a point at times.(the posting of people with handicaps).
But banning someone is not a good way to go about this.
And like lewis said he never really left. hello tony
Some of the problem is clicks on this and other boards and the sheer desire to control others by stamping out what they have to share. You may not agree with me but its a fact. How hard is it to ignore something posted. If your that sensitive maybe you should ask yourself why?
Im sure i dont know the whole story with the moderator being involved and in whole it makes us look like little kids squabbling over the last pork chop.
My personal belief is as long as no one is threatening to do physical harm towards another than let them have their say and the result will be the person gets tired of no one paying attention to their crap.
Banning someone is what the government does. ARE WE NOT KIND??? guess will find out?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#243766 1 year, 5 months ago
His biggest crime, as far as I am concerned, is being unfunny, at least 99 percent of the time. I actually met the captain and had a brew with he and his crew before a show once. I found him to be a nice guy, seemed genuine. i trust the authorities here on the forum had there reasons. And, yes I am sure he is here on an alt, or at least lurking. Sorry for calling you unfanny dude, nothing personal.
Right now, I can't read too well...
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#243770 1 year, 5 months ago
Many of his posts were merely in the thread title so you had no choice weather to read it or not. This has been a long time coming...I would rather read spam than some of those distasteful posts. Although there were times when logic and reason was apparent but far too few and far between. JMO...carry on.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#243784 1 year, 5 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
wlewis wrote:

I always suspected that Captain Tony and Wlewis were the same person. Never saw the 2 of them at the same time in the same place.

you know what's funny. i was like that dude a lot, then i graduated high school.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 1.56 seconds