• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
#shakeit_Sugaree
Fresh Boarder

Furthur/Grateful Dead Tattoo Ideas

#242563 1 year, 6 months ago
Ok everyone please be gentle... This is my first post. I am designing my next tattoo & I am having a hard time coordinating several thoughts & visualizations into one full piece. I don't want the typical dancing bear or Red White & Blue Stealie. I will attempt to include my VERY rough draft. And I want to add the lyrics from Scarlet Begonias "I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls." I have reasons why that resonates with me out of most other lyrics. I would love to hear ideas, see ideas, & frankly I would just love for anyone to respond! This will either be a full back piece or a 3/4 sleeve. And I know tattoos are not everyone's bag... But I love a good meaningful tattoo.
deadtattoocopy.jpg
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Furthur/Grateful Dead Tattoo Ideas

#242564 1 year, 6 months ago
I like this design, and the ones you already have that I've seen! I think the one above would be great with just the skull/wheel and tie dye lightning bolt, maybe with the lyrics in a U around the bottom of the skull??
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#242712 1 year, 6 months ago
Really cool idea, Im thinking for my first tattoo either furthur in writting with mountains in the background or something regarding Ship of Fools... I will be sure to post withing the next month my tattoo. Good luck and welcome to the forums!
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#242818 1 year, 6 months ago
Lookd like it will be an awesome work of art. Please post finished design.
And leave it on!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#242820 1 year, 6 months ago
Love tattoos.....have one leg and one arm done......I wanted to take a grateful dead song and make a sleeve out of it.....
GOOD LOVE
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#242848 1 year, 6 months ago
Love it!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#242849 1 year, 6 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Love it!!

Although I do think the bolt looks like its in a odd place and may not belong. You should find another spot for it.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by 23atwell.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#242894 1 year, 6 months ago
Cool bro, thanks for sharing. I agree with Atwell, the bolt looks a bit out of place.

Appreciate the discussion as I am thinking about a first tatoo as well, trying to incorproate my four loves in life, and not necessarily in this order..............skiing, the Grateful Dead, my wife and my dog. LOL. Seriously though, I want to blend all 4 elements in to one picture or montage.

Ya know like a Sunshine Daydream over some moutntains with my wife skiing down them and dog chasing her..............
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#242913 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh lord.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
#shakeit_Sugaree
Fresh Boarder

#242970 1 year, 6 months ago
I agree the bolt doesn't fit in. I'll have to draw out a more fully baked idea instead of this half baked one! I did draw a dancing bear skeleton that could be worked in instead of one of the skeletons. Thanks to the feedback & kind words! I love the idea about the big tattoo incorporating all of your favorite things! Good luck picking a good fit I'll post another draft soon. For now, I'm attaching the bear I drew.
Attachments:
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds