• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243680 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm a Jet's fan myself, but to blame Bill Belichick for their problems is a bit of a stretch. The Jet's are their own worst enemy. Based on his record in New England, Bill probably made the best decision of his career bolting out of NY (or NJ) the first chance he got. Which reminds me, is Leon Hess selling the company. I saw a news story that said that they would probably not sell the cute toy Hess fire trucks after this year. The Jets team owner backed Romney, which supports the notion he likes to bankroll losers. Sure lets trade the best defensive player we have, that will help us be competitive against the Pat's next year.
Ah yes, back to the subject. Was that breaking up with Furthur or how many times a week to dose? The regular baseball season hasn't even started yet, and we are thinking about football. Go J-E-T-s!!!
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243683 1 year, 7 months ago
Jets lost me 960 bucks in 1992. Doses, do people still dose? Scary thought as to the quality. This is 2013,not 1967.1995 Jerry died..at that point on that glorious sunday morning at his memorial at the polo fields was THE LAST trip.numerous space cadets never came down ,for better or for worse. The music stopped..ENd of story.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#280512 1 year, 1 month ago
Afan wrote:
Dear Furthur -

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think it's time we take a break from seeing each other. I know, things were really great between us for so many years. It was like you always played Brokedown Palace or Box of Rain when you knew I needed to hear it. But things have changed. $95 or $130 for a ticket? It's not like the old days when I could walk up to the box office on the day of the show and grab a $20 ticket. Scalpers have come between us.

Maybe it's time to see other people. DSO is sounding really good lately. . . . and for only about $30. Maybe you want to see other people, too. Not the aging hippie crowd but the young kids with more expendable income. I can hardly blame you. Or is it that you've got other priorities now - a new family band, a booming restaurant and a fantastic high-tech studio? Maybe it's just that we've outgrown each other.

It's been heaven, but even rainbows will end. Maybe I'll see you around some time at a summer festival or something. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Afan

Hey Afan
haven't heard from you in a while. How's life treating you since the break up? Have you found a new love interest? I think One direction might be out on tour.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
LostSailor420
Junior Boarder

#280520 1 year, 1 month ago
oh my sounds like we got another deer creek gate crasher here. Everybody always wants something for free. If you want to see the music you have to pay bottom line.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds