stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243661 1 year, 7 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
stricken wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
reagan57 wrote:
50 0r 60 bucks a ticket is a crime,, even 20 is. quit wasting ur money. once Jerry died. it all ENDED. who remember the 8 and 10 dollar gd days?

Is this a serious post? I don't think it is.

I'm more than OK with spending $100 to see a great Furthur concert. I'd always prefer to spend less. But I dropped $100 at face (or a little less) for two nights at the Capitol Theatre in April and I can't freaking wait.

The Dead are not here. Furthur is. Wishing the world looked different is insane. It is what is, as the great Bill Belichick is wont to say.

We could have a thread on his cheating tactic's Belichick that is.

You could. It would be foolish and miss the point that the SpyGate related stuff is wildly overblown. But Haters gonna Hate.

Really just giving you a hard time but i am a jet fan so i do got some frustration about bill taking that million dollar clause from leon hess where if he was named head coach he got a million dollars and very next week he goes to pats with the money. that sorta shows what he is about dont it??
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243662 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^ Oh you mean like his shady move of re-hiring Josh McDummy right as the playoffs start? I would have to say that spygate was not overblown. His success rate took a hit when the NFL shut down his little spy operation. Plus he is a sore loser.

Sorry to interrupt the LSD debate...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243665 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^ Oh you mean like his shady move of re-hiring Josh McDummy right as the playoffs start? I would have to say that spygate was not overblown. His success rate took a hit when the NFL shut down his little spy operation. Plus he is a sore loser.

It's all good, as long as you were tripping when you typed your post.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243667 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

The Pats winning percentage post-SpyGate has gone up. Not down. Not by a lot but the Pats in fact have won at a greater rate since Mangini called Belichick out.

Yes, they have not won a Super Bowl but give the Giants credit for being both very good and very lucky in those two games. If a few plays got changed (the crazy helmet catch and Welker's drop), the Pats have one or two more SBs, and both are after SpyGate.

Before and after SpyGate, the Pats have been in the conversation regarding the best teams in the NFL year after year.

As to hiring Josh after the season last year, there was nothing shady about that. If it was against the NFL's rules, it would not have been allowed. Are you seriously suggesting that the Patriots should not have hired Josh even though no NFL rule prevented it? Why the hell not? To me, hiring Josh was nothing but smart. Only someone taking LSD on multiple nights would not do that!

As to being a sore loser, I am perfectly fine with that. I want my players and coaches to want to win so badly that they take losing poorly. I have NO problem with the HC of the Pats blowing off a sideline reporter or being short with the press after a tough loss.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#243669 1 year, 7 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

As to being a sore loser, I am perfectly fine with that. I want my players and coaches to want to win so badly that they take losing poorly.

this is crazy talk man. what kind of drugs are you on?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243672 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

As to being a sore loser, I am perfectly fine with that. I want my players and coaches to want to win so badly that they take losing poorly.

this is crazy talk man. what kind of drugs are you on?

My hero as a kid was former Celtics coach/GM/President Red Auerbach. When I was a kid, he spoke to a group of teenagers that I was part of. The comment that he made that I will never forget, and became one of my core beliefs in athletics and life was:

"Be a good winner and a bad loser. The good winner has class, empathy and grace. The bad loser takes winning so seriously that he can't abide losing."

Not everyone agrees with this. But I do. I am always nice to the losing team or person in business after the game or event. I always take losing very hard. I think this has helped me quite a bit.

I LOVE that Belichick is so angry with losing that he can't bring himself to be a good diplomat.

As I type this, I am totally sober. A bit hungover still from the Allmans and definitely tired. But rock solid sober.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#243673 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^Naaah, I'm sticking with my opinion that Belicheat is simply an asshole..

Sure hiring McDummy was within the rules at the time. He's a typical Belicheat subordinate - become a head coach somewhere else and destroy that organization. He's just lucky New England took him back.

Is it football season yet??

EDIT: By the way bro I'm just giving you a hard time. The Broncos owe New England an ass whipping!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Denver Man.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#243674 1 year, 7 months ago
Speaking of sober, it's about 4:20 and I'm in need of a blinding bong hit
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#243675 1 year, 7 months ago
From hating on Furthur to hating on Bob Weir to how much and how often one should take hallcucinogens and their subsequent damage or benefit on the body and/or mind to football trash talk... man this thread has it all!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243677 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
From hating on Furthur to hating on Bob Weir to how much and how often one should take hallcucinogens and their subsequent damage or benefit on the body and/or mind to football trash talk... man this thread has it all!!!

lol no shit
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243678 1 year, 7 months ago
^and to think this thread almost got deleted...
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243679 1 year, 7 months ago
Dope smokers are slowwww. They are unmotivated, And lack energy(or lack,thereof). They are a disgrace. And theres nothing worse than pot smoking draft dodgers. Put down the bong and clear your mind with a cool glass of water..bong water that is
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds