• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243409 1 year, 4 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
If ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have no problem hooking a brotha up

I'm takin the last train to Canada...can you meet me at the station?

Will be my pleasure, just gimme an ETA.
I dunno if you would consider me a top notch host. I don't know any cheerleaders I can hook you up with.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243417 1 year, 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
If ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have no problem hooking a brotha up

I dunno if you would consider me a top notch host. I don't know any cheerleaders I can hook you up with.

no problem mate, we'll just find us a cheesy lounge where it's ladies night, offer some little squares, and let things
take their proper course
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243446 1 year, 4 months ago
50 0r 60 bucks a ticket is a crime,, even 20 is. quit wasting ur money. once Jerry died. it all ENDED. who remember the 8 and 10 dollar gd days?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243448 1 year, 4 months ago
reagan57 wrote:
50 0r 60 bucks a ticket is a crime,, even 20 is. quit wasting ur money. once Jerry died. it all ENDED. who remember the 8 and 10 dollar gd days?

You must not buy gas anymore then?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#243513 1 year, 4 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
jaredlang wrote:

no problem mate, we'll just find us a cheesy lounge where it's ladies night, offer some little squares, and let things
take their proper course

I like the way you think. Cause its T right there in Toronto, where them Maple leaf fillies know what to do, sure do!
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#243543 1 year, 4 months ago
all I have to say is; "enjoy what you have while you have it"
it's not going to last forever, and just be thankful that the "music never stopped"

if you are going to the shows to just complain, then don't go. if you are going to shows to talk about your day at work, shut the fuck up. I am there for the music, and record the shows that I attend, and really don't care to hear bullshit that has nothing to do with the music. go out in the hall way if you need to discuss something that important. yes, ticket prices are high, but no higher than most other musical acts. and if you add in the amount of music you actually get, its like getting two shows. I have attended other bands shows, where tix were $100 and the show was less than an hour and a half, and they most likely played the same show the next night. so appreciate what you have.

as for the goodies, I have one question, where??
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243631 1 year, 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
I got nothing "formal" to add so feel free to ascribe no weight to my opinion. It bothers me not.

Like you said, it's just your opinion, which you are entitled to. Seems like there are many here that disagree with your opinion.
If one person disagrees with you, then it's a matter of difference of opinion. When ALMOST EVERYBODY disagrees with you, then it's usually something else.

Since you have nothing "formal" to add, I guess we won't hear from you anymore regarding this topic. You seem like a decent and well spoken fellow. I hope to hear other opinions of yours. Some I might actually agree with. This is a tough crowd. be prepared to back up your opinions in the future.

You guessed incorrectly.

With all respect, the fact that a crowd including a lot of people who regularly trip, and regularly trip on multiple nights, and is not entirely objective, doesn't agree with my opinion doesn't make me think that I'm wrong.

I don't have a lot of anecdotes. I can't point to specific examples of people who have been messed up by consecutive trips. I haven't done a study on this. I have not researched it.

That said, I think my view -- that taking mind altering drugs with regularity is chancy -- is intuitively obvious. I'm not embarrassed to say that I don't have facts to support it, and I'm not convinced by the fact that the tough (and mostly very nice) crowd in here disagrees with me. I would expect it to.

And I'm not going to only offer opinions on topics when I have well marshaled facts to back them up. People are free to ignore or discount my views when I don't -- I get that -- but I don't think one has to be able to cite chapter and verse before offering up a view. I use the parent test a lot. How would I feel if my kid did X? If my kid tripped on clean L on multiple nights, I'd be very alarmed. That other folks got through the experience just fine would not change that. I don't see why I can't say that without carrying evidence for my view in my back pocket.

Totally off topic: Went to the Allmans last night and was heartened by how many Dead T-shirts I saw in the crowd. Please ignore that tangent in this thread but I wanted to share because it was pretty cool to see, though not unexpected.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by DarrylStingley.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243634 1 year, 4 months ago
reagan57 wrote:

Is this a serious post? I don't think it is.

I'm more than OK with spending $100 to see a great Furthur concert. I'd always prefer to spend less. But I dropped $100 at face (or a little less) for two nights at the Capitol Theatre in April and I can't freaking wait.

The Dead are not here. Furthur is. Wishing the world looked different is insane. It is what is, as the great Bill Belichick is wont to say.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243647 1 year, 4 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
reagan57 wrote:

I'm more than OK with spending $100 to see a great Furthur concert. I'd always prefer to spend less. But I dropped $100 at face (or a little less) for two nights at the Capitol Theatre in April and I can't freaking wait.

The Dead are not here. Furthur is. Wishing the world looked different is insane. It is what is, as the great Bill Belichick is wont to say.

We could have a thread on his cheating tactic's Belichick that is.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243652 1 year, 4 months ago
stricken wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
reagan57 wrote:

We could have a thread on his cheating tactic's Belichick that is.

You could. It would be foolish and miss the point that the SpyGate related stuff is wildly overblown. But Haters gonna Hate.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243656 1 year, 4 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
I got nothing "formal" to add so feel free to ascribe no weight to my opinion. It bothers me not.

Like you said, it's just your opinion, which you are entitled to. Seems like there are many here that disagree with your opinion.
If one person disagrees with you, then it's a matter of difference of opinion. When ALMOST EVERYBODY disagrees with you, then it's usually something else.

Since you have nothing "formal" to add, I guess we won't hear from you anymore regarding this topic. You seem like a decent and well spoken fellow. I hope to hear other opinions of yours. Some I might actually agree with. This is a tough crowd. be prepared to back up your opinions in the future.

You guessed incorrectly.

With all respect, the fact that a crowd including a lot of people who regularly trip, and regularly trip on multiple nights, and is not entirely objective, doesn't agree with my opinion doesn't make me think that I'm wrong.

I don't have a lot of anecdotes. I can't point to specific examples of people who have been messed up by consecutive trips. I haven't done a study on this. I have not researched it.

That said, I think my view -- that taking mind altering drugs with regularity is chancy -- is intuitively obvious. I'm not embarrassed to say that I don't have facts to support it, and I'm not convinced by the fact that the tough (and mostly very nice) crowd in here disagrees with me. I would expect it to.

And I'm not going to only offer opinions on topics when I have well marshaled facts to back them up. People are free to ignore or discount my views when I don't -- I get that -- but I don't think one has to be able to cite chapter and verse before offering up a view. I use the parent test a lot. How would I feel if my kid did X? If my kid tripped on clean L on multiple nights, I'd be very alarmed. That other folks got through the experience just fine would not change that. I don't see why I can't say that without carrying evidence for my view in my back pocket.

Totally off topic: Went to the Allmans last night and was heartened by how many Dead T-shirts I saw in the crowd. Please ignore that tangent in this thread but I wanted to share because it was pretty cool to see, though not unexpected.

Darryl, you seem like an intelligent and well spoken person. I respect you for having a well thought out opinion, and thank you for expressing your opinion in a respectful and well worded manner, free of mud slinging. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your contributions in the future. I hope you enjoyed the Allman's last night.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243659 1 year, 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:

You guessed incorrectly.

Darryl, you seem like an intelligent and well spoken person. I respect you for having a well thought out opinion, and thank you for expressing your opinion in a respectful and well worded manner, free of mud slinging. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your contributions in the future. I hope you enjoyed the Allman's last night.

Thanks very much for the kind words.

I expect that I will post here most often when Furthur or Phil or some other iteration of the boys is coming my way, as they are right now.

But this seems like a very nice site and of course the topic is what it is.

As to the Allman's, I went expecting a very good show and I left with one of the more enjoyable non-Dead (broadly defined) shows I've seen in a good long time.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds