• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243391 1 year, 1 month ago
jaredlang wrote:
Last summer, first night at MCU I took 3 little squares which had a very nice effect. My Buddy did the same as me.
2 days later at Bethel we each took 5 of the same squares. Definitely had less of an effect, but there was a little effect nonetheless. I do agree that indulging too often in a short period of time is an unfortunate waste.
I like how a thread about a spoiled person's entitlement issues turned into something else altogether. That's one reason I am opposed to deleting threads. Like in Seinfeld, we should let conversations end on their own volition or momentum.

Hey, you got any more of those little squares? Loves me them lil' squares!
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243393 1 year, 1 month ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
Last summer, first night at MCU I took 3 little squares which had a very nice effect. My Buddy did the same as me.
2 days later at Bethel we each took 5 of the same squares. Definitely had less of an effect, but there was a little effect nonetheless. I do agree that indulging too often in a short period of time is an unfortunate waste.
I like how a thread about a spoiled person's entitlement issues turned into something else altogether. That's one reason I am opposed to deleting threads. Like in Seinfeld, we should let conversations end on their own volition or momentum.

He's going to tell ya its a customs thing i just know it.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243395 1 year, 1 month ago
Regarding ticket prices, there's a lot of ways to try and make sense of this. We're talking specifically in regards to the Cap theater
situation, correct?

On one hand I think 110 (after fees) for the floor is a bit much and 130 for loge (before fees) is too much. I base part of this on personal experience. In '85 I attended the 20th anniversary shows at the Greek. $15/per, GA. In terms of inflation/cost of living, how does that equate? You do the math.
I think a gallon of gas back then was just over $1. A six pack of Heineken was $4-5. From that standpoint a Furthur ticket at the Cap proportionately is higher. Now a ticket at Boardwalk by those measures is a good deal.

Why did they choose to play the Cap instead of another larger venue that would allow a less expensive ticket price? I suspect partly the output of support from people on this forum (and elsewhere) that wanted to see them there. Also, I hear in it's remodeled state it's a very nice venue. Another point to justify this was more nights played equals more nights people have opportunities to see them vs. 3-4 nights Radio City or 1-2 nights at the Garden. However an extended run reduces labor costs considerably (1 day to load in, 9 shows, load out night of last show) as opposed to playing 3-4 venues in the same time frame.

As far as what other acts charge it doesn't matter to me. $200 for the Stones? If you offered me a free ticket and they were playing across the road I might consider. As far as musical quality Furthur is by and large a good value overall. And I'm hesitant to say but there are a very finite number of shows left for us to have the chance to see, which factors in to my decision to pay a little more.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#243398 1 year, 1 month ago
As a stones fan I don't care about $$$... they aren't playing multiple shows every spring, summer, fall every year... file under you can't take it with you............. as far as talkers at shows, H users, puppy pullers at shows, babys at shows I'm sendin this guy in:

jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243399 1 year, 1 month ago
stricken wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
jaredlang wrote:

He's going to tell ya its a customs thing i just know it.

Unfortunately I am sometimes able to get my hands on it, and sometimes not.
If ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have no problem hooking a brotha up.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken, AcidTestGraduate
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243400 1 year, 1 month ago
I have only been here for the dance party and can say that the place is plush in its feel but maybe it was me but the place seemed to lean to the left. sound was great through house speakers. Now lets get the real thing going.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#243403 1 year, 1 month ago
If ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have no problem hooking a brotha up

I'm takin the last train to Canada...can you meet me at the station?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243404 1 year, 1 month ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
As a stones fan I don't care about $$$... they aren't playing multiple shows every spring, summer, fall every year... file under you can't take it with you............. as far as talkers at shows, H users, puppy pullers at shows, babys at shows I'm sendin this guy in:

That gopher would do the job alright!

Re: The Stones....once Wyman left

Seriously, it's almost painful watching them now. If you told me they were playing and one half of the show would
be all of Satanic Majesties and the other half were Beggars Banquet in their entirety I might get mildly excited. Otherwise I'd stay
home and listen to Brussells '73
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243405 1 year, 1 month ago
If ever in my neck of the woods, let me know. I have no problem hooking a brotha up

At about quarter of nine??
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243406 1 year, 1 month ago

Go NORTH semi young man!!!!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#243407 1 year, 1 month ago
if the gopher don't ge ya, this guy will:

Back to the Stones re without Wyman the same could be said about after Mick Taylor... as far as Brussels 73 well you know allready ACT ..if you don't any stones heads out there it is A Numero uno primo live stones... actually pretty much any live stones in the Taylor era....or um re without Wyman the same could be said about Jerryless dead music... old timers would tell you Pigpen less GD... take what you can get while you can get it...if you don't need it pass it on...
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#243408 1 year, 1 month ago
stricken wrote:

At about quarter of nine??

You're on it stricken... but really name the time. Ok I'm snowed in whats the excuse for the rest of you? Fun that most of my fave posters here were all in this thread in the last few hours at the same time... rock on brahs!!!!
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds