• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OZA
Senior Boarder
Posts:349

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243345 1 year, 1 month ago
Yeah, anything and everything if used in excess is a bad thing. The reason I space out my trips isn't for mental health or even tolerance reasons, but that the experience loses its magic if I keep coming back too much. It's like when you find an awesome song, listen to it way too much, and all of a sudden you want anything but that song.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder
Posts:86

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243346 1 year, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
Look my thousand plus trips did not stop me from getting my PhD and I know lawyers, MDs and Senators who have taken it for a week plus straight. It is all about getting clean product, which is what tour was (is) about.

Oh, and the people that mapped human DNA did it while high on L! www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2...0015?currentPage=all


Yes $125 then $100 for some of the cleanest L ever...you could fall asleep on it.

Whatever gets you through the night, brother.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder
Posts:86

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243347 1 year, 1 month ago
OZA wrote:
Darryl, now you're openly admitting you don't have much knowledge on the matter yet you're still saying it's risky? Come on man, that's low. You know, tripping helped me open my mind up a lot, just saying maybe it could do you a favor or 3...

(In closing I'd like to thank Steve FUCKING Jobs for creating Apple and a a result, my iPhone. Fuck knows the LSD he would have manufactured had it been legal)

I'm no expert but I'm also not talking about something I have no knowledge of either.

But like I said, whatever works for you.

I will remain with the view that frequent, consecutive use is taking a chance with your brains. You will not convince me otherwise and I will not convince you and others inclined to trip in that way.

But that's OK, as we're just people with different views.
stricken
Gold Boarder
Posts:1015

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243349 1 year, 1 month ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
OZA wrote:
Darryl, now you're openly admitting you don't have much knowledge on the matter yet you're still saying it's risky? Come on man, that's low. You know, tripping helped me open my mind up a lot, just saying maybe it could do you a favor or 3...

(In closing I'd like to thank Steve FUCKING Jobs for creating Apple and a a result, my iPhone. Fuck knows the LSD he would have manufactured had it been legal)

I'm no expert but I'm also not talking about something I have no knowledge of either.

But like I said, whatever works for you.

I will remain with the view that frequent, consecutive use is taking a chance with your brains. You will not convince me otherwise and I will not convince you and others inclined to trip in that way.


Its good for people to have different views or we would all be a freaking carbon copy of each other and how long would that be fun?? If your open to others views is when you may just learn something. Here comes the however so many facts are lost on people who want to blame their life situation on say one negative experience or other peoples negative experience. Without a negative experience there could not be a positive one.
But like any medication given there can be side effects these are different for each person and there are without doubt people who should not be anywhere near the stuff.

But that's OK, as we're just people with different views.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder
Posts:276

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243353 1 year, 1 month ago
I haven't messed with the stuff in about 20 years, but for those that do I wish you the best on your journeys. As far as the russian roulette analogy, I actually kind of agree. I tripped a bunch of times, and had some incredible experiences. The last couple of times were a living hell, bad trip or a good stuff, I can't say. If someone today, whom I trusted, came up to me and said, "hey this is quality stuff" and I decided to indulge, I think it would, in a sense, be like russian roulette. Regardless, it's a chance I choose not to take. IPAs, coffee, and just a pinch of greens is how I roll now, and that suits me fine.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by dead_in_ky.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder
Posts:86

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243354 1 year, 1 month ago
stricken wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
OZA wrote:
Darryl, now you're openly admitting you don't have much knowledge on the matter yet you're still saying it's risky? Come on man, that's low. You know, tripping helped me open my mind up a lot, just saying maybe it could do you a favor or 3...

(In closing I'd like to thank Steve FUCKING Jobs for creating Apple and a a result, my iPhone. Fuck knows the LSD he would have manufactured had it been legal)

I'm no expert but I'm also not talking about something I have no knowledge of either.

But like I said, whatever works for you.

I will remain with the view that frequent, consecutive use is taking a chance with your brains. You will not convince me otherwise and I will not convince you and others inclined to trip in that way.


Its good for people to have different views or we would all be a freaking carbon copy of each other and how long would that be fun?? If your open to others views is when you may just learn something. Here comes the however so many facts are lost on people who want to blame their life situation on say one negative experience or other peoples negative experience. Without a negative experience there could not be a positive one.
But like any medication given there can be side effects these are different for each person and there are without doubt people who should not be anywhere near the stuff.

But that's OK, as we're just people with different views.

I'm not entirely certain of your point.

To be clear, I am not approaching this conversation based on a negative experience with L or a bad life situation.

And sorry, the anecdotes and other items mentioned here by others don't qualify as facts.

I don't doubt for a second that many people here have taken L or shrooms or other stuff on multiple, consecutive occasions and suffered no ill side effects. I don't doubt that having clean product is key.

And I still think that doing clean L on multiple, consecutive occasions is risky and it's not something I'd ever want for myself or my kids. That doesn't make me right and I'm not trying to win the internet here.
stricken
Gold Boarder
Posts:1015

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243359 1 year, 1 month ago
The point i was trying to make was there are people who love to spread fear about something that didnt work out just like they planned. Its a built in defensive mechanism. And often it injures ones ability to become more knowledgeable and find better understanding of themselves and those around that person.
Please dont take this as judgment merely observation.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1111

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243362 1 year, 1 month ago
.[/quote][/quote]
I'm not entirely certain of your point.

To be clear, I am not approaching this conversation based on a negative experience with L or a bad life situation.

And sorry, the anecdotes and other items mentioned here by others don't qualify as facts.

I don't doubt for a second that many people here have taken L or shrooms or other stuff on multiple, consecutive occasions and suffered no ill side effects. I don't doubt that having clean product is key.

And I still think that doing clean L on multiple, consecutive occasions is risky and it's not something I'd ever want for myself or my kids. That doesn't make me right and I'm not trying to win the internet here.[/quote]

Daryyl you are going to have to offer some sort of data to back up your statement other wise it is just an ill informed opinion. You are correct that no one here has offered anything other than anecdotal evidence but there are no official places to gather data on the negative impacts of multiple doses in a row other than the people who know lots of folks who have done it and are fine. Again, why are you claiming that it is risky? What is your opinion based on? You have to qualify your opinion or else it has no weight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarrylStingley
stricken
Gold Boarder
Posts:1015

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243369 1 year, 1 month ago
Negative impacts from my prospective are drain of nutrients compounded each time within a week and also i am diabetic and i have found that my glucose levels are effected but in a positive way.
It can cause digestive issues for myself like cramps etc. also tends to make the body temperature run above normal but sweating is how the body reacts to foreign substances. much like food poisoning
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1061

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243372 1 year, 1 month ago
Burt, just be thankful that the rough couple years are behind you, and that you've moved on. Keep an open mind, there's always a chance that later in life you'll want to re-visit previous avenues of your life.

If you really decide to stop going to shows, I'm glad to have met you on your last Furthur run. If not, I'll save a sober seat for you next to me
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds