• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#243215 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
there is such thing as eating too much acid. i have found, however, even if you dose yourself into a multi year trip, abstinence from the stuff can give it time to wear off. the stuff completely changes the way your mind works and thinks. we often see it all as "truth" or "positive" but it can cause some incredibly delusional thinking, the opposite of where we thought we were going. we completely influence our trips. it's not like blank slate, until you experience ego death, but even then, although you are unaware of yourself, you would still be there contributing to the consciousness, just not knowing, which maybe we are already constantly doing at a higher level right now and are unaware of.

and our differences on this can all be traced back to the times of pranksters vs. NY beatniks (a vs. in terms of differing schools of thought) which both had completely differing opinions on how LSD should be and was/is used.

Very true Lewie. I have mentioned before there were many times I was dosed by 'friends' on tour when it was the last thing I wanted to do. I became one of many who thought is was a necessaary consequence involved in the scene. Once I stopped I realized I could not be farther fron the truth. It is memories I will cherrish yet are compartmentalized in the vault.

As far as the break up with the band, I never became married to Furthur so friends with benefits is as far as I am involved!!!! No matter how much I try, I cannot remain unbiased comparing them to the GD. I, as you know, am not a fan of the ticket prices. I do enjoy them greatly, but will not lose any sleep if I do not see them very requently.

As an aside, I do not know who made the quote when they opened with FLAS, but it said something to the effect, "I think we are in store for the greatrest show ever.' This was made after 5 notes!!!! To each his own I guess. All I know if I never saw so many perfect shows when touring with the dead as some seem to have found with Furthur.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243216 1 year, 7 months ago
So much to say in this thread that Im overwhelmed. Those doses will help see things I dont want to see at shows too. I can always see people and read into things. It gives me super powers to see certain things. Bay area show though always have had people doing drugs like crack, herion and whatever else. I just look the other way and enjoy the show. Everybody has there demons. I must say I love dosing but havnt since nye 2011-2012 cause I feel it starts to hurt the brain and recovering hurts. Cause I dont smoke weed at home, when I smoke "at a show" its almost like taking a cap or two for me. I dont know where Im going with this but you dont need anything to have a good time at a show, the weirness is stuck to us. Cant wait til the next show though. For me its DSO at the great american
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243219 1 year, 7 months ago
Last summer, first night at MCU I took 3 little squares which had a very nice effect. My Buddy did the same as me.
2 days later at Bethel we each took 5 of the same squares. Definitely had less of an effect, but there was a little effect nonetheless. I do agree that indulging too often in a short period of time is an unfortunate waste.
I like how a thread about a spoiled person's entitlement issues turned into something else altogether. That's one reason I am opposed to deleting threads. Like in Seinfeld, we should let conversations end on their own volition or momentum.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243220 1 year, 7 months ago
OZA wrote:
Was it even half? My second trip was far better. I did 3.5 the 30th, then 7 31st. The come up was definitely much longer on NYE, but when I peaked (right at the 2nd set break), I came to the realization that everything was just exactly perfect! If any of you remember seeing a young man walking around with the biggest smile you've ever seen, that was probably me. If I had to pick my life "peak", that was probably it. Hopefully you've experienced this or I might not be making much sense, but despite everything wrong around me, around the country, and around the world, everything was just right.

OZQ, I experianced that on NYE 2010/2011. Life couldnt of got any brighter. I wish I could get back there. Ive tried and I dont think I will ever. Life was to perfect that night. I know exactly what you mean though.l:)
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
OZA
Senior Boarder

#243221 1 year, 7 months ago
Nice 23atwell, I'm glad you've hit that peak. I think the secret in returning there lies partly in not trying to get precisely to that point, but rather to let it all flow on its own. Maybe, I don't know. It only has happened to me that one time..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243226 1 year, 7 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
"tripping twice in a week is playing some Russian roulette with your brain." That is some ignorant shit right there!

I don't think so.

I'm not a doctor or a scientist but I think you're incorrect and trying to rationalize taking some fairly big chances.

And yes, to another poster, I do think LSD is different and more chancy than shrooms.

But hey, adults can make adult choices, and I think most people involved understand that there's an element of risk each time they trip, in whatever form.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#243231 1 year, 7 months ago
OZA wrote:
Nice 23atwell, I'm glad you've hit that peak. I think the secret in returning there lies partly in not trying to get precisely to that point, but rather to let it all flow on its own. Maybe, I don't know. It only has happened to me that one time..

that goes for tripping in general to I believe... if you go into a trip expecting something you probably wont get it, better to go in with an open mind and let things come on there own
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243237 1 year, 7 months ago
Some people love fast cars while others love guns, some people love paper while others prefer plastic. even yet still some love the fungi while ive found its been the cacti all along.
We all assume risk upon waking each day sometimes even while we sleep.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#243238 1 year, 7 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
"tripping twice in a week is playing some Russian roulette with your brain." That is some ignorant shit right there!

I don't think so.

I'm not a doctor or a scientist but I think you're incorrect and trying to rationalize taking some fairly big chances.

And yes, to another poster, I do think LSD is different and more chancy than shrooms.

But hey, adults can make adult choices, and I think most people involved understand that there's an element of risk each time they trip, in whatever form.

You will have to explain these big chances to me. Why would taking the same thing a day or two later be more of a risk than the first time? Sorry that hasn't been my experience. The first time with L or with a particular batch of L is the most risky. We used to buy vials in the late 80s- early 90s and take progressively doubled doses for weeks straight. The 10th day taking two ten strips was much less risky than the first time taking two hits (we knew the source otherwise someone would have eaten a half hit first). I just don't think you know that much about L, which is fine as long as you don't pretend that you do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243239 1 year, 7 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
DarrylStingley wrote:
B-Rad wrote:

I don't think so.

You will have to explain these big chances to me. Why would taking the same thing a day or two later be more of a risk than the first time? Sorry that hasn't been my experience. The first time with L or with a particular batch of L is the most risky. We used to buy vials in the late 80s- early 90s and take progressively doubled doses for weeks straight. The 10th day taking two ten strips was much less risky than the first time taking two hits (we knew the source otherwise someone would have eaten a half hit first). I just don't think you know that much about L, which is fine as long as you don't pretend that you do.

Like the 125.00 price range per vial??? Oh i remember them well. Did you happen to taste any of the window pane????
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds