• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242864 1 year, 1 month ago
Every time I see a thread like this I think what will everyone say when the 4 hang 'em up for good? Will you be happy the "torture" is finally over?? If the tickets are too expensive and the venues too small then don't go. Please leave tickets for the rest of us who are grateful to have these guys playing still. At the end of the GD they were so big you could pretty much only see them in a football stadium. I'd take a packed Ogden any day of the week over that. To me that was a once in a life time experience. I would never pass up an opportunity like that I don't care how crowded it is. Obviously there is a reason they want to play smaller venues, why they don't want to tour as much, why they put tickets on sale while people are travelling for another tour, why their tours are travel unfriendly. Maybe they are catering to their older fans. I don't blame them. We all have the right to bitch about whatever we want, it's fine and even healthy to vent but complaining because they are still playing doesn't make sense to me.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, Phred
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#242866 1 year, 1 month ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I dont ever remember no $20 Furthur tickets.....

My first Furthur show 3/3/2010 in Chicago I got the cheapest tickets there was and was I think around $42 before taxes!

Em that is a pretty dreamy setlist for your 1st Furthur show. A happy 3 years to you!

I: Playin in the Band > Born Cross-Eyed > Eyes of the World > Jack Straw > Wharf Rat > Uncle John's Band > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
II: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, New Potato Caboose > St. Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > So Many Roads, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower
E: Box of Rain > Johnny B. Goode
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#242867 1 year, 1 month ago
Good to see you back in action PhilisGod.
Right now, I can't read too well...
bxorain
Junior Boarder

#242871 1 year, 1 month ago
philisgod wrote:
I thought the original post was somewhat clever and cute. lol

But in reality....it tells a true story.

Either way you want to slice it up....$100(+) tickets for Furhur is definatly a bit pricey. I get the fact that they sold out the Cap all nights at those prices, but they took advantage IMHO.

Quite honestly, I didnt break up with Further but will only see one or two shows this run...A/C being one of them. It wasnt the ticket prices....it was the band. They are just not that good when compared to PL&F.

Any form the band plays in that contains Weir just fucking blows anymore.

The man is a drag to the music.

Furthur Fluffers flame away....but it's true!

Let's see...Phil and Friends just sold out the Cap but Phil decided to come back east with Bob.....must be because he blows and is a drag to the music. If that's true and Phil doesn't recognize it, I guess you could categorize him the same way...right Phil is God? Go get a large meatball sub and chew on that for a bit would you?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#242883 1 year, 1 month ago
nycdave wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Burt I thought this thread was started by you under an alias

i did break up with furthur but not because of ticket prices.

Burt u broke up with Furthur cause their fans r out of control, right?

i am done going because it's boring and there is nothing fun anymore about being in a room with a bunch of people on drugs. it's annoying. way too many dudes on the furthur scene too. sorry guys!

who even cares? why do you care why i don't go to shows dave? it's none of your god damn business!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#242906 1 year, 1 month ago
philisgod wrote:
I thought the original post was somewhat clever and cute.
agreed
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#242907 1 year, 1 month ago
Welcome back Thread!!
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#242909 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:

i am done going because it's boring and there is nothing fun anymore about being in a room with a bunch of people on drugs. it's annoying. way too many dudes on the furthur scene too. sorry guys!

I never noticed that Furthur shows were a sausage fest. It's been years since I even considered hooking up at a show.
As far as a bunch of people on drugs, I am usually too high to notice.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, iamthedoor, Cub, 23atwell, Still Takin it Weirder, AcidTestGraduate
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#242911 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
nycdave wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

who even cares? why do you care why i don't go to shows dave? it's none of your god damn business!

Burt, not saying' there isn't alot of dudes goin' to the shows but, I did meet a really nice girl in Denver. her name is Sara and I'm sure you met her. If I had not gone i would have never met her and that would truely be a shame. Also, I CARE. I love hanging with you at shows and would truely miss not having you around. Say it aint so.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#242923 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
nycdave wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Burt you are 100% correct. It is none of my business if or why you do or don't want to go see shows. I was just having some fun here. Didn't mean to upset you. Sorry if I did.
In the 80's people complained that the band was playing large hockey rinks. Now people are complaining that they are playing concert halls. The one constant is people complaining. If people do not enjoy going to shows then perhaps they should not go to shows. Of course people can always voice their concerns about shows on the bands web sites.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by nycdave. Reason: Spelling issues
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds