mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242821 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Burt I thought this thread was started by you under an alias

i did break up with furthur but not because of ticket prices.

I finally broke up with Bob-it's been a long time coming-& it, too, has nothing to do with ticket prices
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#242822 1 year, 1 month ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
My only comment is that if they play larger venues, more people get to see them that want to, unlike these smaller ones...where there is less room to dance. They sell more tickets, can lower the price a little and nobody is shut out who wants to go see them. It seems like more of a win-win for everyone. I know if they were playing MSG in early April, then I would be able to see them this Spring, but now it looks like I am waiting until Summer or maybe even Fall which is just a little sad because we all love to see the talent of these musicians.

if you can't see them this spring because you were 'shut out' then you should keep checking the Cap's website... this friday and saturday they released several more tickets and will most likely continue to do so as the shows get closer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#242833 1 year, 1 month ago
nycdave wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Burt I thought this thread was started by you under an alias

i did break up with furthur but not because of ticket prices.

Burt u broke up with Furthur cause their fans r out of control, right?

The scene in the 90's was at least 10x if not more of what the Furthur scene is today. If I could put up with it then I can certainly deal with it now. Again, I don't let people ruin what I love most. Some situations are harder and or worse than others but in the end I am going to be there until the bus comes to a screeching halt.

Long live Bob and Phil (and Billy and Mickey).
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Iriecycle, karenrose
Staggerl
Junior Boarder

#242839 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
it was the ticket prices? not the redundancy of bullshit? get a job! SELL DOSES!

You'd have made a fortune in CO, that scene was starving for them. You could have paid for your entire NY run and bought tix on stubhub from scalpers. On a positive note, I didn't see any boloons either.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#242842 1 year, 1 month ago
I thought the original post was somewhat clever and cute. lol

But in reality....it tells a true story.

Either way you want to slice it up....$100(+) tickets for Furhur is definatly a bit pricey. I get the fact that they sold out the Cap all nights at those prices, but they took advantage IMHO.

Quite honestly, I didnt break up with Further but will only see one or two shows this run...A/C being one of them. It wasnt the ticket prices....it was the band. They are just not that good when compared to PL&F.

Any form the band plays in that contains Weir just fucking blows anymore.

The man is a drag to the music.

Furthur Fluffers flame away....but it's true!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#242845 1 year, 1 month ago
Make up sex is going to be so good when they come back to the bay!!!!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#242847 1 year, 1 month ago
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#242855 1 year, 1 month ago
I wonder who made the original post?

Also, it is a business afterall, first and foremost. It has been for a long time. There's lots of businesses I don't frequent, price being one of the first reasons.

They can't make everyone happy, so they might as well make themselves.

So like with any business, if you don't like it, well... Here's a advertisement song from the 70's that sums it up.

If you see Libby's Libby's Libby's
On the label label label
You wil like it like it like it
on your table table table
If you don't like it like it like it
You can shove it shove it shove it

That is all.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Ossumpei.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#242856 1 year, 1 month ago
I have mixed feeling about the whole thing:

When I was on the Phil and Friends mini-tour last November, I found the Capitol theater to be MUCH to small for, even, a crowd the size which Phil and Friends can draw, much less Furthur; in-fact around the time of those shows was when I first heard the rumor of a Furthur run at the Capitol, and every time it was brought up I just winced and hoped, like the lion share of other venue rumors, it would drift away into non-realized nothingness.

I am happy that there are more Furthur shows for this year, it always brings a warm feeling to look at the front page and see promises of future activity; but when I saw that they had announced 8 nights at the Capitol, I was filled with the same feelings of disappointment and apprehension that I experienced when they revealed that they were going to play the Ogden before Broomfield; it's great that they are playing, but for those of us that like to dance to their music (imagine that) these small venues take allot of enjoyment out of experiencing the music as it's made. I no longer do drugs, so now a-days when I'm in a show, I derive my enjoyment, and take my night to the next level, by spinning to the music, when I am just another sardine in the venue, and have no room to breath, it greatly reduces my ability to partake it my last form of transcendental-during-show activity

One event that happened at one the Phil and Friends Capitol theater shows last November, really left a sour taste in my mouth: My girlfriend and I got in 10-15 minutes before the scheduled starting time, staked are place right in the back of the place, well out of the way, and proceeded to stretch; about half way through the first set, a group of rude loud Negatively Stereotypical New Yorkers, comes up right next to us, talking and yelling over the music, at times actually getting in between my girlfriend and I even though we were clearly dancing together, one of the guys dancing right next to me and getting ever closer (I had myself aligned with my lady's jacket on the floor behind us, so I know that I stayed in the same place) actually pushed and yelled at me, as though I had walked up right next to HIM and started dancing and invading HIS space, he kicked me in the shin on purpose several times, to the point that my girlfriend had to sit down because this guy had pushed, and kicked, us into the corner. And it's not like the guy was just standing around watching the show while I danced and got in his way, he was dancing as well, and very in-expertly stumbling around like a new-born Bambi.

So of course, needless to say, I have a very skewed opinion of the Capitol theater. But in my experience problems like those I have described, almost inevitably occur when the venue is much to small for the pull of the band playing.

So in summary: Am I happy about the Capitol theater decision?, no; will I be there every night in giddy anticipation of the night when I'll get in and have the pleasure of experiencing the music being made, and to contribute to the total energy of the room?,
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#242862 1 year, 1 month ago
I dont ever remember no $20 Furthur tickets.....

My first Furthur show 3/3/2010 in Chicago I got the cheapest tickets there was and was I think around $42 before taxes!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 1.02 seconds