• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242507 1 year, 4 months ago
Afan wrote:
Dear Furthur -

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think it's time we take a break from seeing each other. I know, things were really great between us for so many years. It was like you always played Brokedown Palace or Box of Rain when you knew I needed to hear it. But things have changed. $95 or $130 for a ticket? It's not like the old days when I could walk up to the box office on the day of the show and grab a $20 ticket. Scalpers have come between us.

Maybe it's time to see other people. DSO is sounding really good lately. . . . and for only about $30. Maybe you want to see other people, too. Not the aging hippie crowd but the young kids with more expendable income. I can hardly blame you. Or is it that you've got other priorities now - a new family band, a booming restaurant and a fantastic high-tech studio? Maybe it's just that we've outgrown each other.

It's been heaven, but even rainbows will end. Maybe I'll see you around some time at a summer festival or something. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Afan


you'll regret this, when it's all over!!

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3251

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242509 1 year, 4 months ago
Afan wrote:
Dear Furthur -

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think it's time we take a break from seeing each other. I know, things were really great between us for so many years. It was like you always played Brokedown Palace or Box of Rain when you knew I needed to hear it. But things have changed. $95 or $130 for a ticket? It's not like the old days when I could walk up to the box office on the day of the show and grab a $20 ticket. Scalpers have come between us.

Maybe it's time to see other people. DSO is sounding really good lately. . . . and for only about $30. Maybe you want to see other people, too. Not the aging hippie crowd but the young kids with more expendable income. I can hardly blame you. Or is it that you've got other priorities now - a new family band, a booming restaurant and a fantastic high-tech studio? Maybe it's just that we've outgrown each other.

It's been heaven, but even rainbows will end. Maybe I'll see you around some time at a summer festival or something. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Afan


Holy Shit, this has gotta be a prank, how could anyone REALLY have the self-importance to make such a statement?

Not sure where to start, but my reply would be to get a clock and a calendar, it's not 1985 anymore, and DSO probably needs your "love" more than Furthur, you heartbroken fool

-- smell every flower --
deadegad
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1410

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242511 1 year, 4 months ago
You want to see expensive tickets? Check out what the Stones have charging forever -- you need to rob an F-in' Brinks Truck!!!!

Phil & Bob are practically socialists with what they charge. Heck there is an idea maybe see if Phil&Bob will take food stamps for tix. Hey ya' never know.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3302

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242520 1 year, 4 months ago
how could you part when they are sounding better than ever!?

oh well. more room to dance
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242524 1 year, 4 months ago
it was the ticket prices? not the redundancy of bullshit? get a job! SELL DOSES!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:30821
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242526 1 year, 4 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
how could you part when they are sounding better than ever!?

oh well. more room to dance

This!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, patchmyfurthur
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242528 1 year, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
how could you part when they are sounding better than ever!?

oh well. more room to dance

This!


we all know room to dance is becoming more and more scarce. sue can have my spot.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:30821
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242529 1 year, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
how could you part when they are sounding better than ever!?

oh well. more room to dance

This!


we all know room to dance is becoming more and more scarce. sue can have my spot.

I kind of liked having you and Strider in front of me warding off the crazies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5229

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242530 1 year, 4 months ago
I'm confused. I thought Lewis & Strider were the crazies and they chased away the sane folks so that there would b more room 2 dance. On the other hand what do I know, I'm from the east coast
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Strider1
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:30821
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242532 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I'm confused. I thought Lewis & Strider were the crazies and they chased away the sane folks so that there would b more room 2 dance. On the other hand what do I know, I'm from the east coast

In my world, the "crazies" are the ones that don't want to listen to the music and dance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, karenrose
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds