• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Afan
Fresh Boarder

Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242480 1 year, 4 months ago
Dear Furthur -

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think it's time we take a break from seeing each other. I know, things were really great between us for so many years. It was like you always played Brokedown Palace or Box of Rain when you knew I needed to hear it. But things have changed. $95 or $130 for a ticket? It's not like the old days when I could walk up to the box office on the day of the show and grab a $20 ticket. Scalpers have come between us.

Maybe it's time to see other people. DSO is sounding really good lately. . . . and for only about $30. Maybe you want to see other people, too. Not the aging hippie crowd but the young kids with more expendable income. I can hardly blame you. Or is it that you've got other priorities now - a new family band, a booming restaurant and a fantastic high-tech studio? Maybe it's just that we've outgrown each other.

It's been heaven, but even rainbows will end. Maybe I'll see you around some time at a summer festival or something. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Afan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dear Furthur - an open breakup letter

#242484 1 year, 4 months ago
$65 tickets were available to

maybe Bob and Phil should be coming out east and working for minimum wage for us so fans could buy $20 tickets like days past
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain, jaredlang
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#242485 1 year, 4 months ago
Afan wrote:
Dear Furthur -

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I think it's time we take a break from seeing each other. I know, things were really great between us for so many years. It was like you always played Brokedown Palace or Box of Rain when you knew I needed to hear it. But things have changed. $95 or $130 for a ticket? It's not like the old days when I could walk up to the box office on the day of the show and grab a $20 ticket. Scalpers have come between us.

Maybe it's time to see other people. DSO is sounding really good lately. . . . and for only about $30. Maybe you want to see other people, too. Not the aging hippie crowd but the young kids with more expendable income. I can hardly blame you. Or is it that you've got other priorities now - a new family band, a booming restaurant and a fantastic high-tech studio? Maybe it's just that we've outgrown each other.

It's been heaven, but even rainbows will end. Maybe I'll see you around some time at a summer festival or something. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Afan

This is like breaking up with your gf with a text message. You clearly created a new account (1 post) in order to make this argument. Why not come out of the shadows...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#242486 1 year, 4 months ago
you can get tickets for A.C. at around $50.00 with surcharges

where else you gettin 3 & half hours of music for that?
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Wheelman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#242488 1 year, 4 months ago
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#242490 1 year, 4 months ago
Pshhhh
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#242495 1 year, 4 months ago
Afan wrote:
Dear Furthur -

Sincerely,

Afan

Get real man....it's 2013. Your sense of entitlement reeks. So what you're saying is that you want the boys to travel cross country and play in NY for the same price as a pack of cigarettes and a gallon of gas....stupidity. You happen to see Allman ticket prices at the Beacon - $69 to $179 a ticket and double the amount of people for each show. Did you see Clapton prices - $153 to $204 and 5 times the amount of people per show. Crosby, Stills and Nash...$125 to $240 a ticket. Neil Young...$110 to $400 a ticket with 10 times the amount of people per show. I could go on and on here...again, it's 2013 dude. Furthur could have easily charged $200 a ticket to the Cap shows but did they...NO, cause they care about their fans like they have since day 1. All of us Heads have been spoiled for so long that unfortunately a sense of entitlement sets in with some...whatever the boys do its never enough. Instead of your resentful love letter, why don't you try a simple Thank You. Grow up man and snap into reality...you're spoiled...if you don't like what Furthur is givin then hit the road and keep the change...nobody wants to be burdened with the shit you're slinging anyways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, jaredlang, frenchyfromthe901, Wavethatflag1987, Prospered
stricken
Gold Boarder

#242496 1 year, 4 months ago
You met another and you were gone.

Don't forget to close the door on the way out its cold out there.

Maybe you just got spoiled.

One things for sure you got some growing up to do before your fit for anyone. Your post is so childish and really all about you being to scared to post it with your own name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#242502 1 year, 4 months ago
True luv is hard to find.
The less people want to see Furthur the easier it will be for those who want to see them to get ducats.
Just sayin'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Jasper, Griff
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#242506 1 year, 4 months ago
Its not you, its me.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds