• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: FrontGate Tix - do they ever arrive?

#3065 3 years, 1 month ago
Can I please get my tickets first before we go calling the BBB. Then I will fight it with you
GOOD LOVE
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#3066 3 years, 1 month ago
yes, I will wait until the tour is over to make sure anyone who is going to get tickets from them actually gets them...I will certainly never ever use them again... They have lost my business and hopefully they will lose more business
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow
charliechanman
Junior Boarder

#3232 3 years, 1 month ago
Still waiting for my March 30, Peterson Events Center in Pittsburgh ticket. Hopefully, it will be in the mail today...
SAY YOUR PEACE AND GET OUT
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#3270 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Are they still sending everybody 1 show at a time??

I bought 6 shows from them for this tour and I thought they were charging $10.50 to ship each show so I sent them an e-mail (which I guess was probably pretty rude) asking what the deal is with them scamming us like that and charging seperate.

They e-mailed me back and said that its a service fee for each ticket and only 1 shipping charge.

Next thing I know, all 6 of my shows come in 1 envelope, but only after my complaint......so thats why I'm interested to hear if everybody else is still getting 1 show at a time.

Also I can't complain because I got in on all 5 Best Buy shows with them and I got front row in Wallingford, pretty much right in front of Bobby.

This has been my chief complaint with Front Gate ... I just can't see how sending out separate $10.50 envelopes for each ticket (day) could possibly be less costly vs. sorting & bundling all tickets purchased in the same order (for a multiple night run) by the same person. It just doesn't add up & my best guess is that it's one of the following:

- laziness
- not thinking outside the box
- "working it" so as they get a better bulk deal with UPS & thus increase their margins

It really bothers me as a consumer, but it's also simply a huge waste of resources (gas, cardboard, etc.) and not very responsible.

I would have very little issue paying the additional $2/ticket or whatever (as part of a "convenience fee" which might be required to hire more people or better software to manage the multiple ticket orders) vs. the $10.50 shipper per day regardless of how many days!!!!

As to the whole 'wait until the last second' deal: I think it's a worthwhile tactic to mitigate scalping, but if you're going to go that route, you need to be ON IT in every conceivable manner ... and at least have the ability to make it right.

Having said all that, I still believe FG to be a decent processor vs. ticket.b or live nation.

Re: general idea of mitigating scalping: I'd love to see a program implemented where you get your iphone/smart phone scanned along with your ticket as you go through the gate/entrance. With enough "matches" (which would indicate you as a ticket purchaser who actually attended the event), you'd eventually build up "credibility" via a numerical rating with the ticketing source. Kind of like those programs at airports where you get to bypass security ... maybe you'll get your tickets within days of purchase.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#3282 3 years, 1 month ago
Still waiting for the 30th tickets
Aries 5
Fresh Boarder

#3395 3 years, 1 month ago
We too have been having issues with Frontgate. Twice now. either myself or my husband were told at the door of the venue that our tickets are no good. The first time was in Orlando,FL last winter. The usher scanned my ticket and informed me that it was no good. I was shocked because I bought this ticket from Frontgate. The show was sold out, and luckily for me my husband and another man behind me just pushed me past the usher. This time, we were in Wallingford,CT. I went into the show and told my husband I would meet him at the seats. We were in section 101 row p seats 4 and 5. I had the ticket with seat 5. When my husband tried to enter they told him his ticket was no good. Once again, we purchased these tickets from Frontgate. We flew from California for both of the above mentioned shows. This is a bit concerning to me. I am worried this will happen again. I have emailed Frontgate numerous times and received emails from Greg stating that they are looking into it. What is there to look into? They sold me double issued tickets! I have also called and been given the brush off. I find it funny that people on here are hearing from them that it is Furthur's fault that this is happening. He just emailed me that it is the venue's fault. Which is it? I hope Furthur stops using Frontgate! They are unprofessional. I am saving every email and going to be a thorn in their side until this issue is resolved!
Jerry
Fresh Boarder

#3422 3 years, 1 month ago
I have not had issues with front gate ticketing until 2011! Now, Greg won't return our calls, and we have yet to receive tickets in the promised time frame given as terms and conditions of the sale. We need to bring this to the attention of Phil, Jill, Matt, or anyone else high up that needs to know. We must go furthur and truck in style along the avenue and arrive at the venues with valid tickets in hand that will scan and not hold up the line. We get Phil's attention because of wise cracks and critiques, but nothing on ticketing nightmares? Music Today worked great for the rehearsals, why the change to these wise guys?
Jerry
Fresh Boarder

Calling Phil, Jill, or Matt Please Help!!!

#3423 3 years, 1 month ago
Please help your fans and take controll of this Frontgate ticketing fiasco at once, PLEASE
MindLeftBodyJam
Junior Boarder

#3425 3 years, 1 month ago
These stories are not making me feel any better. This is my first experience with them...and probably my last.

Brother Dust wrote:
Still waiting for the 30th tickets

keep us posted
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#3747 3 years, 1 month ago
Got an e-mail this morning telling me my tickets are shipping !!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds