• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
corwell
Visitor

this site is so much different than Philzone

#241224 1 year, 6 months ago
People are crazy over there. Here it's more PC and conservative. I've noticed there a lot more watchdogs on this site, in my opinion. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong, cause if someone gets out of line, you guys are more likely to say something. We need more self monitoring in life. It says alot about people's character. It's so cool that there are people out there like you guys!!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: this site is so much different than Philzone

#241226 1 year, 6 months ago
I don't know about conservative... I always say the tone is friendlier here. I wouldn't speak for anyone else on the board but for me, the fact that the band has some direct involvement with this forum pretty much demands a certain level of respect (as well as literacy in one's posts).

That said, it's hard to overestimate the importance of Philzone in the post-Garcia world. For years, that was the first place I'd look for Dead related info. Ratdog.org was good too but the 'Zone had some real grit. And as anyone who followed the Dead from parking lot to parking lot will tell, grit was an integral part of the Deadhead experience.

Anyway, thanks for the kind comments. And welcome!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, Sustainabill
corwell
Visitor

#241228 1 year, 6 months ago
I've lurked through (if that's the right word) some of the older threads on this site and there were a few I found offensive but I haven't seen those unnamed posters around here in awhile so it seems things didn't totally get out of control. I'm sure some of the older folks here decided they had enough so they let the moderators take control. On the philzone site, I don't see much banning go on, that's why i always wondered what constitutes a good ban? Is it controlled by the users here? I guess I'm curious just all. Don't mean to offend anyone with these questions.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#241229 1 year, 6 months ago
the Philzone has been around for a decade.There are plenty of people who have been there from the start.There are some very funny people over there.Also a few who think they are Quasi-famous because the comment on every thread and have done so from the start.I'm with equinox,the zone was my go to place for info for a long time.They definitely discuss a very wide range of topics in the other stuff folder.Some of it makes my ribs hurt from laughter.They have a larger group and therefore see more action.Sometimes when I come here I notice that no one has commented for a few hours on any topic.That's when I check the zone lol.I like the vibe here better I have to say though.Not as insulting for sure.That is all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#241233 1 year, 6 months ago
I check out both regularly and pt on occasion. they are different, and I like it like that. However, having met and talked with people from both sites I have to say we are incredibly similar.
Right now, I can't read too well...
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#241293 1 year, 6 months ago
I agree, there's a certain level of respect on this site and its makes for a relaxing visit. I also like RatDog.org which I find to have a similar level of respect. I seem to get overwhelmed and confused at the Philzone....I don't know, maybe too much going on at once? Anyone else feel that way?
corwell
Visitor

#241457 1 year, 6 months ago
That's cool you guys are understanding. Every site always has troublemakers. Has this board ever had any troublemakers? With all this talk of college thesis papers, I'm kind of throwing around the idea of writing my own paper. Not for college though. I'm still undecided whether to go or not. Money is tight. I like to write though and this would be a good idea for a personal paper. Kind of what makes a troublemaker and what steps should be used to curb the violator. Big words will be used in this paper. Beware!
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#241523 1 year, 6 months ago
corwell wrote:
That's cool you guys are understanding. Every site always has troublemakers. Has this board ever had any troublemakers? With all this talk of college thesis papers, I'm kind of throwing around the idea of writing my own paper. Not for college though. I'm still undecided whether to go or not. Money is tight. I like to write though and this would be a good idea for a personal paper. Kind of what makes a troublemaker and what steps should be used to curb the violator. Big words will be used in this paper. Beware!

It's always been my experience that troublemakers are people who make trouble. We've never had any here (insert emoticon of smiley exhaling in relief). Well that's not quite true, there are some who might have skipped their medication that morning and
gone a little over the line of decency, but otherwise this ranch runs pretty smoothly.

And if any of those rabble rousers from Philzone come over here trying to disturb the waters of harmoniousness we just smother them with sisterly/brotherly kindness and talk about unicorns and rainbows until they can't stand it anymore.

As far as your paper, we'd like to see a first draft by Tuesday morning. 2,000 words and double spaced
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#241584 1 year, 6 months ago
did you start up a goodbye cruel zone thread?

PZ rocks
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
corwell
Visitor

#241611 1 year, 6 months ago
what's that? I never posted on that site cause I was scared of being attacked. I feel timid sometimes and I have trouble sleeping until I masturbate.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds