• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Summer Tour Speculation (I have info)

#241099 1 year, 8 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
By Chicago, I hope they mean Alpine

as much as I'd love that, I don't believe Furthur would ever play Alpine unless it was part of a big festival-type weekend, a la The Other Ones reunion 2002.
Chester
More or less in line

#241102 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, realistically, if tour is in july, we could get an announcement as late as mid may. (Napa fest., or later?)
I was just stating, the announcement last year was in march. We got Red Rocks, and the rest of the west
coast fall tour, in april. So, why the change in announcement schedule? We were getting at least, 4 months
advance notice last year. Now this year, we can only expect 2 months? Interesting.

Of course, all of this is speculation, for the sake of conversation. I'm happy winter is almost over. Spring shows are set.
And I know I will get a few shows this summer.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, Warlock, Tilnot, patchmyfurthur, CosmicCookie
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#241105 1 year, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
Yeah, realistically, if tour is in july, we could get an announcement as late as mid may. (Napa fest., or later?)
I was just stating, the announcement last year was in march. We got Red Rocks, and the rest of the west
coast fall tour, in april. So, why the change in announcement schedule? We were getting at least, 4 months
advance notice last year. Now this year, we can only expect 2 months? Interesting.

Of course, all of this is speculation, for the sake of conversation. I'm happy winter is almost over. Spring shows are set.

# 1 rule of show business=always leave 'em wanting more

Easy to sell out 1800 seats/night and I'm guessing AC Boardwalk Hall holds 5-6K. By that guesstimate, that's 20K tickets for spring which would equal probably 1 or 2 max summer shows.
I think dates will definitely be announced with more customary notice since they will probably plan on selling at least 100K tickets at shows across the north and southeast in addition to giving the Midwest a few shows.

At least I hope that's what happens
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#241114 1 year, 8 months ago
WHy hasnt Furthur ever played Deer Creek? Now the Klipsch? Was a great venue, perhaps a favorite of mine seeing the dead.

I know what happened in 95, but time has passed

archive.org/details/gd1991-06-07.AKG451.Darby.118759.Flac2448

archive.org/details/gd92-06-28.fob-bk401...rocki.550.sbeok.shnf
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#241117 1 year, 7 months ago
kevin wrote:
Chester wrote:

# 1 rule of show business=always leave 'em wanting more

Easy to sell out 1800 seats/night and I'm guessing AC Boardwalk Hall holds 5-6K. By that guesstimate, that's 20K tickets for spring which would equal probably 1 or 2 max summer shows.
I think dates will definitely be announced with more customary notice since they will probably plan on selling at least 100K tickets at shows across the north and southeast in addition to giving the Midwest a few shows.

At least I hope that's what happens

Boardwalk holds 10500.....I believe
GOOD LOVE
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#241126 1 year, 7 months ago
Heard from one bro at Ogden that Edgefield has been booked in September. However, I just decided to call the hotel and see if I could get room reservations guessing the weekend they might be there. While there were two weekends in late September already booked, suggesting it could be good beta, the reservations gal said that Furthur would not be playing this year at that venue because the "City of Troutdale didn't want them back". LOL. Now that is funny.

Not sure if any thing I heard (both the bro and the gal) is really true. Just some more rumors to add to the mill.

Now that being said, I would love to see another MCU run and perhaps 2 nights at Bethel (instead of one). Another visit to NYC would be great. But if they decide to do just a midwest tour I am in on that one too. Haven't been to Chicago since early 2011 so another trip there is definitely in the cards. Great city with great food.........top 3 in the US IMHO (Boston > Chicago > Vegas).
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#241137 1 year, 7 months ago
rumor is they left out Worster, MA and Chicago on this Spring run.... but that's just another rumor... but it coincides with previous rumors from months ago like 'gonna be a similar spring run as last year' and 'Tours gonna start in Boston again' ... even though Worster isn't Boston, it's close

and chicago wasn't in the picture last year so that wouldn't have made it more similar.... so I'm not making much sense I guess
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by MushroomMan.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

#241148 1 year, 7 months ago
Furthur in July, is there anything better? dates will certainly drop with more notice than 2 months this time, I'd guess mid to late march
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#241188 1 year, 7 months ago
2 MCU Park and 2 Bethel ... C'mon man seems reasonable to me!! I'd be there in a heartbeat without question..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#241195 1 year, 7 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
splatter_face wrote:
By Chicago, I hope they mean Alpine

as much as I'd love that, I don't believe Furthur would ever play Alpine unless it was part of a big festival-type weekend, a la The Other Ones reunion 2002.

I know it is a long shot, but here's to hoping!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
MajorBojangles
Junior Boarder

#241211 1 year, 7 months ago
I've heard from a friend who works at Red Rocks that Furthur was said to be coming in around the third week of September. As for summer, I'm happy to see them book All Good, and hope they do the same for GOTV. I don't know how much love they are planning on showing AC, but Bader Field would be an awesome venue for them to do a 3 day run this summer.
If you get confused, listen to the music play
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds