• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: wake n' bake

#24251 3 years, 3 months ago
Wharf Rats are cool. But Jesus is the real deal - I sure hope you would put god, even if Jesus isn't your savior, that god would be the driving force to make you become sober. Wharf rats started to keep deadheads off slcohol specifically. And of course heroin and other bad for your health drugs. Just saying, I'm sure there are some wharf rats that smoke cigarettes and find that ok--not knockin the rats, just sayin - i think mary j---if not smoked all day lond as you did, used as medicine or occasional recreation, is ok.
I find cigarettes to be MUCH worse, and this is a fact. I've been clean and sober from crack cocaine for almost 4 years. It almost took my life --POT helped me get off the crack. But mostly god helped me. wharf rats are at every meeting and Jesus Christ is there too. And god is there for you when a meeting isn't goin on . But god is working his love through those meetings too, so please don't think I'm knockin the wharf rats, I'm not...nor sayin you don't look to god who is also REAL as the meetings. I like the rats cause alcohol is over consumed at shows and I feel alcohol needs to be consumed at a ultra minimum.
Just saying, the bible is a much thicker book than any wharf rat or AA meeting handbook combined. They are ab unch of the greatest stories ever told...!!! But kudos to you...I am able to consume herb once evry other day, every day, once a week, once a month, or whenever . I don't need it everyday. But some people do for medical reasons. Ever been addicted to fucking crack? Four years clean! You're 2 years sober from pot and alcohol? good job - really, bravo. Keep comin back man.
sounds like you quit ABUSING pot. I used to abuse it when i was a teenager - but over doing anything is juvenile. but its good you quit smoking ALL day long - thats just ridiculous - do you have an addictive personality?

these people smokes herb but also were productive. They hunted, skinned animals, built villages, fought wars, danced , laughed, and so on. They were more productive than us all, and smoked mad herb. gimme a fuckin break.
intothesun
Visitor

#24256 3 years, 3 months ago
But alcohol was the downfall of them, besides the U.S. military. Like I said , I don't like alcohol all that much as it is just really abused at shows - and this is why I love the rats. For me, being totally sober is a good thing. But not smoking crack and only puffin a little herb, is pretty goddamn close. I don't smoke cigarettes and drink on rare occasion. And I'm lovin life - oposed to when i not only abused drugs, but was doin one that was really a terrible one. again, glad your off the pot.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#24261 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
im 24 i have been getting stoned silly for 12 years now---pot has definitely held me back a little mainly academically and socially---when i smoke too much i can see it and feel like a moron because it's barely doing it, and i am smoking medical product...it is so much better when used occasionally, makes things like working, being around spouse/family, and driving a lot easier, and the high you will get later that night is way more enjoyable than the third high of the day that lasts 20-30 minutes...i kind of realized that overusing pot is really a sign of something deeper...

and might i say, volcano's all the way folks! inhale the difference!

you can't tell someone to believe what i or any of the others are saying, it's one of those things you just have to let them find out on their own when THEIR time comes...

I totally agree. Can even feel the difference with a day without smoking. At present time i smoke only bout 1/2 gram a day(unless special occasion). Jus enough to maintain a mellow medicated state. Too much of anything isnt good 4 u. Unless its kindness =-)
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#24348 3 years, 3 months ago
This is what I know and how I've learned Jesus and the Heavenly Father to be...

James 1:3 .."all things that were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."

Genesis !:29 "And Goad said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Cannabis was created by the King of Kings and given to us to use. Yes, you should search your heart on why you are using because He wants no man to give into temptation. If you give into temptation then you are a slave to it and Jesus came to give you freedom. But the temptation doesn't have to be smokin', it could be complacentcy because even that can destroy a mans life if left unchecked. If you are an abuser, then you will abuse anything. But if you abuse cannabis, be thankful because at worst you life was not as successful as YOU think it could have been and you didnt uncontrolably hooked. That my friend is the grace of God the Father. Try doing that with crank, crack, oxy, etc, etc, etc, starbucks. As far as being successful:

Matt 16:26 Jesus said "What dose it profit a man if he gain the whole world but loose his very soul?"

In the bible, the soul represents your mind, will and emotions. In the world system millions of people are enslaved to an image of success that the enemy has set up which is unachieveable.....losing their mind, will and emotions they have become zombies.

This is based on personal experience.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
intothesun
Visitor

#24350 3 years, 3 months ago
Wow dancing bear -- that was AWESOME - i hate feeling like a zombie!!! I'm going to read that again it made a little too much sense. wow someone who said something that actually is dead on. I just felt a little queezzy from waking up .but you just put a breathe of fresh air into my lungs. and after coffee and some toast perhaps something else will fill my lungs. I have to quit smoking the herb in a few days , cause i may have a test comin up for work - which is more important than sparkin up - for me atleast - and this will not b a problem cause I'm no longer an addict to anything. But herb is a recreational thing i enjoy -especially after a nice cup of coffee, or before cutting the grass, but of all things, playing tiger woods 2010 pga tour on Xbox baked or just slightly high, is very relaxing to me. It also helps with my bipolar/add. Doctor call me crazy --sum says i am sum says i aint

Be kind - have a nice day. hope its philled with joy around some corner where its been waitin to meet uuuuuuu !!!!
intothesun
Visitor

#24353 3 years, 3 months ago
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#24369 3 years, 3 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Wharf Rats are cool. But Jesus is the real deal - I sure hope you would put god, even if Jesus isn't your savior, that god would be the driving force to make you become sober. Wharf rats started to keep deadheads off slcohol specifically. And of course heroin and other bad for your health drugs. Just saying, I'm sure there are some wharf rats that smoke cigarettes and find that ok--not knockin the rats, just sayin - i think mary j---if not smoked all day lond as you did, used as medicine or occasional recreation, is ok.
I find cigarettes to be MUCH worse, and this is a fact. I've been clean and sober from crack cocaine for almost 4 years. It almost took my life --POT helped me get off the crack. But mostly god helped me. wharf rats are at every meeting and Jesus Christ is there too. And god is there for you when a meeting isn't goin on . But god is working his love through those meetings too, so please don't think I'm knockin the wharf rats, I'm not...nor sayin you don't look to god who is also REAL as the meetings. I like the rats cause alcohol is over consumed at shows and I feel alcohol needs to be consumed at a ultra minimum.
Just saying, the bible is a much thicker book than any wharf rat or AA meeting handbook combined. They are ab unch of the greatest stories ever told...!!! But kudos to you...I am able to consume herb once evry other day, every day, once a week, once a month, or whenever . I don't need it everyday. But some people do for medical reasons. Ever been addicted to fucking crack? Four years clean! You're 2 years sober from pot and alcohol? good job - really, bravo. Keep comin back man.
sounds like you quit ABUSING pot. I used to abuse it when i was a teenager - but over doing anything is juvenile. but its good you quit smoking ALL day long - thats just ridiculous - do you have an addictive personality?

these people smokes herb but also were productive. They hunted, skinned animals, built villages, fought wars, danced , laughed, and so on. They were more productive than us all, and smoked mad herb. gimme a fuckin break.

I appreciate your post and wanted to clarify a few things. First, regarding God and recovery. The vast majority of Wharf Rats are members of AA or NA and work and live the 12 steps. The 12 Steps are all about developing a relationship with God. So, yes, us Wharf Rats depend on a God of our own individual understanding to keep us clean and sober. Second, I've been clean and sober off all drugs for the last three years. I was addicted to alcohol, marijuana, power cocaine, and Roxys prior to that. I don't just have "an addictive personality", I suffer from a disease called addiction. About 1 in 10 Americans has this disease, but less than 5% of those alcoholics/addicts find long term recovery. I am grateful to a loving God for the opportunity to change my life. Most people can handle using alcohol and pot without becoming addicts, and my hat is off to them. Most people also know at least a few people who are out of control on drugs and/or alcohol and really should stop. The great thing for Deadheads about Wharf Rats is that we show people with this problem that they can still go enjoy themselves at shows without getting high or drunk. It's there for people who want it.
Without love day to day insanity's king
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#24386 3 years, 3 months ago
world history after 1500 final in 40 minutes. i got time for a nice joint id say.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#24437 3 years, 3 months ago
On weekends I literally "Wake & Bake"......

Then I have cookies later for the munchies!

I'm 33 and w&b from about 15 to 26 everyday, then just got kinda bored with it and learned that smoking in the eve after work on the weekdays was much more satisfying.....I do however enjoy it on the weekends or vacation/days off.....
LeshPhilingBassGreat
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#24616 3 years, 3 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Wow dancing bear -- that was AWESOME - i hate feeling like a zombie!!! I'm going to read that again it made a little too much sense. wow someone who said something that actually is dead on. I just felt a little queezzy from waking up .but you just put a breathe of fresh air into my lungs. and after coffee and some toast perhaps something else will fill my lungs. I have to quit smoking the herb in a few days , cause i may have a test comin up for work - which is more important than sparkin up - for me atleast - and this will not b a problem cause I'm no longer an addict to anything. But herb is a recreational thing i enjoy -especially after a nice cup of coffee, or before cutting the grass, but of all things, playing tiger woods 2010 pga tour on Xbox baked or just slightly high, is very relaxing to me. It also helps with my bipolar/add. Doctor call me crazy --sum says i am sum says i aint

Be kind - have a nice day. hope its philled with joy around some corner where its been waitin to meet uuuuuuu !!!!

James 1:5 "If any of you are deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God who gives to all liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding and it will be given him." I'm just a messenger brother.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 1.06 seconds