• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

RatDog Tour?

#240298 1 year, 4 months ago
Looks like the idea of a touring Weir/Wilson electric band came first. I just saw this interesting bit from a recent Jonathan Wilson interview:

"Bob and I are going to do some touring also. One of the things that I want to do is do some gigs with my band, but with Bob at the helm. That’s what we did at the benefit show. It would be so exciting to take that to some other towns [in the USA] and countries. Bob is the best, man. It’s tough to describe the guy, but [he’s] the most built-in, the most evolved guy that I know. He’s just a great guy, a tremendous singer and great guitar player. Just to get in there and collaborate with his groove is an honor, just a tremendous experience. Definitely to share a stage [with him] is a dream come true."

www.jambands.com/features/2013/02/14/jon...oving-ever-brightly/
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: RatDog Tour?

#240299 1 year, 4 months ago
That's probably where the idea to "reassemble RatDog" came from, and it would explain why Karan isn't in the band: the personnel choices probably came first, and then the band name.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#240314 1 year, 4 months ago
Gordon the Drummer wrote:
That's probably where the idea to "reassemble RatDog" came from, and it would explain why Karan isn't in the band: the personnel choices probably came first, and then the band name.

Since Mark has played with Phil way more than with Bob in the last year I thought perhaps there was a falling out but I like your explanation better.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#240839 1 year, 4 months ago
Well Primus just announced their tour schedule and so far it is pretty bare. That means Jayski has got some extra time to spend with ratdog.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#240951 1 year, 4 months ago
So. . .

"Rumor of Ratdog Allmans tour

3 weeks following [or leading up to] Peach Festival"

www.ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306842

Any truth to that?

It does make perfect sense for Bobby to have another electric band to tour with now, considering that Furthur seems to be cutting back to two-city runs and Bay area gigs.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#246976 1 year, 4 months ago
Also, at the RatDog.org forums "Salamander" posted:

ABB + RatDog
Red Rocks
Summer 2013

We'll see.....

RD /ABB Tour....as well...

All For Now

www.ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307586

Thanks to MushroomMan for directing my attention to this
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Gordon the Drummer.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#246983 1 year, 4 months ago
Even though I like both bands a lot, I don't think it made for a good tour in the past. There's too much conflict between the sit down Allmans' crowd and the stand up and dance Ratdog/Furthur/Dead folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, bambamcdn
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#246985 1 year, 4 months ago
Two very different crowds, it's true.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247000 1 year, 4 months ago
^^^ I agree. I did feel a little tension between the 2 crowds. AAB haven't been here in awhile so I'm sure it would be a zoo at RR.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Phred
Senior Boarder

#247007 1 year, 4 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^ I agree. I did feel a little tension between the 2 crowds. AAB haven't been here in awhile so I'm sure it would be a zoo at RR.

Hmmm, guess I am odd man out here. I went to the RD/ABB show at RR '08 and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Both bands played excellent sets, and I didn't feel any tension. And, quite frankly, I enjoyed the opportunity to just sit back, listen to Gregg and the boys weave through the songs and just veg. YMMV
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds