• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

Re: Spring Tour!

#240804 1 year, 4 months ago
just booked the marriott for the weekend shows, thanks for the advice. Doesn't seem to far at all, will prolly end up walking to and from as long as port chester seems like a half decent place.
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#240806 1 year, 4 months ago
it is not bad just be sure it is a safe route off the highway really too busy & narrow to walk .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: theothrone
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#240808 1 year, 4 months ago
OZA wrote:
Got tickets for 23rd, 24th. Just need 25th. Any fellow young folks here? I'm probably going to stay in a budget hostel in the City somewhere - probably Harlem or somewhere close-ish to Port Chester. I'll have my car, too. That doesn't mean I'll always be in the state of mind to drive though.. So some company and a ride/drive sharer would be appreciated

E: Or is there a cheap place closer to Port Chester? I don't really want to drive back down, however I'm feeling.

The Mamaroneck Motel is only 3 towns (15 minutes by car) from The Capitol Theatre. It is in a very safe area right on the Boston Post Road. Room room rates range from $80.00 to $105.00.

mamaroneckmotel.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#241277 1 year, 4 months ago
So bummed that we were trapped into buying tickets for Spring while on vacation at shows in Colorado, it really might have worked out nicely to see the East Coast family during our Spring Break in April, but the Capitol sold out quickly and we were not able to buy any tickets in the middle of the Winter run. We bought tickets to Friday 1st Bank over the weekend and that was enough to be shelling out at once. The other 2 nights we prepaid for in advance... it was just tough timing. I'm sure that I'm not the only one feeling that the announcement and dates that the ticket sales started were inappropriately synched. ...And the band keeps playing on... the music never stopped... on another note, so happy to know that they're on a roll!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#241343 1 year, 4 months ago
at the beginning of the week 2 shows were still available but looks like all sold out now... but I still bet they'll be releasing more tickets randomly as it gets closer, like they did for Phil & Friends

it sucks that it couldn't be convenient for everyone but the announcement/on sale at the same time was done with the fans in mind... and with the Beacon on sale from last year in mind, I'd imagine.

8 shows at the Beacon last year were gone much quicker, and scalpers ended up with a lot more tickets... at least 5 shows at the Cap were available most of the weekend, and none of the shows sold out in the first hour, last year some went in seconds.

I think it was a good thing myself and for a hard to get run like this I hope they do it again... especially if they keep releasing more and now that less scalpers got tickets there may be more extras around for face value

there was word thursday that 'tickets might go on sale tomorrow' ... of course nobody believed it
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#241347 1 year, 4 months ago
I am with you mushroom , I dont get ( and please I am not complaining phil) but it is like scrambling for some folks to buy these tix knowing the venue is tiny not small tiny and folks are out in colorado and not everyone has a huge limit on thier credit cards pllus hotels etc .Love the band sooo but I can do with out the stress my hands were shaking trying to get 3 for at least 2 nights in a row . Man it is like trying to buy a KATWISE sweater on etsy if you have ever had the oportunity. I tried but same thing mass frenzy so I found someone to make me one . oh well still happy we got 2 nights and the NJ show too ... love ya phil !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by alilfurther.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#242090 1 year, 4 months ago
^I think you took what I said the wrong way but its all good

more tickets on sale now, including friday!

I knew they'd be releasing them like this.... if your bummed you "missed out" you shouldn't give up... keep trying and you'll get in.... still many weeks away from the shows and I'm sure they will keep doing this randomly, just like I've been saying they did with Phil and Friends

They definitely did us right releasing these tickets the way they did, and still are! -- so stop complaining everyone and stay on the look out and get your tickets!

huge thanks to whoever was in charge of all that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bluetrainsugaree
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#242091 1 year, 4 months ago
www.ticketfly.com/purchase/eventV2/22940...ACB1CD53FB300E8F77DE

that's friday's link... at least thurs and sun were on sale also - a few minutes ago
manunyc
Senior Boarder

#242100 1 year, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
www.ticketfly.com/purchase/eventV2/22940...ACB1CD53FB300E8F77DE

that's friday's link... at least thurs and sun were on sale also - a few minutes ago

Good looking out bro. I snapped up a few for the Friday show.
Counting stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright
Chester
More or less in line

#243828 1 year, 4 months ago
For those still looking for tix. I think there might be some more released for the Cap. theater shows. Just saw this posted on FB.

From the Capitol Theater FaceBook page;
TICKET RELEASE! Today, a limited number of tickets to Furthur feat. Phil Lesh + Bob Weir will be released at 3:00PM. Buy here: bit.ly/14D0PhQ

Worth a try. Good luuck.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#243848 1 year, 4 months ago
Chester wrote:
For those still looking for tix. I think there might be some more released for the Cap. theater shows. Just saw this posted on FB.

From the Capitol Theater FaceBook page;
TICKET RELEASE! Today, a limited number of tickets to Furthur feat. Phil Lesh + Bob Weir will be released at 3:00PM. Buy here: bit.ly/14D0PhQ

Worth a try. Good luuck.

Thanks but it looks like they only released one for tuesday and one for Wednesday . Thanks for the heads up though
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds