• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

Re: Spring Tour!

#239569 1 year, 6 months ago
WTF, is the best I can say about the Spring Tour and the way it shook out. Probably going to be sitting this one out.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#239637 1 year, 6 months ago
the way they announced and put the shows on sale indicates some kinda attempt at cutting out the scalpers.....to me anyway.

Expect the same with the 4-city summer tour.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#239661 1 year, 6 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
So the only reason Atlantic City was added is so they can officially call it a tour and not just a run? ...LoL
I can understand 4 or 5 nights at one venue, but cmon, 8 shows?
Seems like overkill to me....but the place does look nice and it is a central location for Boston and Philly folks to meet in the middle.
Plus, beggars can't be choosers. And i was beggin for some furthur this spring.
"I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise, golden jewel.
But i would slave - to learn the ways
to sink your ship of fools.
Ship of fools~on a cruel sea
Ship of fools, sail the fucking hell away from me "

AC may be a tip of the hat to the Jersey Shore after Sandy, not unlike Mickey's new song.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#239662 1 year, 6 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
the way they announced and put the shows on sale indicates some kinda attempt at cutting out the scalpers.....to me anyway.

Expect the same with the 4-city summer tour.

That's what I thought too.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#239667 1 year, 6 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:

Hadn't thought of it like that. I'll bet they were scrambling too. I'll deal with that, if it hurts the scalpers.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#239678 1 year, 6 months ago
If possible I think I'll be at the 23rd-25th. Seeing Jim James with my brother 4/19, then spending 4/20 with him - then I'll hustle back to Michigan and drive out for the shows.

E: looks like 24th is sold out.. Can't use my credit card in India, so I'd have to wait for my parents to buy tix for 23/25th from back home, and since they won't be up for several hours, looks like I'm not going to these shows...This sucks
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by OZA.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#239680 1 year, 6 months ago
look on stub hub now, there are some tickets but most shows have about 50.... after the Beacon on sale there were hundreds of tickets for each show - so they def helped get more tickets to more fans for face value

unfortunately there still isn't close to enough room for everyone who wants to go so if you weren't on the ball today then you missed out for now, but keep checking the site I bet they release more close to the show

word was leaked on thursday that they may go on sale 'tomorrow' ... nobody believed it including me but a lot of people were still ready anyway

you can't please everyone but I think they did a very good thing considering how instantly the scalpers ate up the Beacon run last year.... this may have caught a lot of people off guard but it helped keep a lot of tickets from scalpers to and I think that's more important and shows that they were thinking of the fans, believe it or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, DrippingColors
OZA
Senior Boarder

#239683 1 year, 6 months ago
Damn, stubhub tickets start at 200. I'll post here for tickets but it looks like I'll be couch touring this one
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#239684 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
Damn, stubhub tickets start at 200. I'll post here for tickets but it looks like I'll be couch touring this one

MushroomMan wrote:
keep checking the Cap site

they kept releasing more tickets randomly as the shows got closer for the 4 Phil shows this past November...

yea I wasn't encouraging buying from stub hub or anything, was just giving an example.... but like I said keep checking the Cap site as the shows get closer - good luck

this whole ordeal actually left a lot of people with extras to so keep a look out on the boards and stuff
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#239704 1 year, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
this whole ordeal actually left a lot of people with extras to so keep a look out on the boards and stuff

Better for extras in the hands of fans than the claws of scalpers
The following user(s) said Thank You: PennsylvaniaPete
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#239719 1 year, 6 months ago
Which hotel is the best bet closest to the venue?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
stricken
Gold Boarder

#239725 1 year, 6 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Which hotel is the best bet closest to the venue?

I was at the dance party and unless your going to shell out 200 a night your gonna have to head north for stamford CT where there is more competition. Its like 6 to 10 miles north on 95. However the train station is just behind the venue so depending on when it runs that may be a option to look into. the one i booked is 6.7 from venue. Also if you are going to get a smoking room then you will have to go north.

Also this theater seems to lean to the left a bit or maybe it was just me that night.lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds