• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
thismustbeheaven
Fresh Boarder

Re: Spring Tour!

#239398 1 year, 6 months ago
Anybody else having trouble getting tix for thurs the 25th? When I click the buy tix link the page is empty
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by thismustbeheaven.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#239416 1 year, 6 months ago
I think they're all gone
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#239419 1 year, 6 months ago
I think they're all gone too. Safe bet with Furthur or any Phil and Bobby project is catch the last night of a run if you can only do one show. It's like they're putting the cherry on top. I would have gone for the 25th if they weren't also doing AC.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Equinox.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#239480 1 year, 6 months ago
The last night of the Beacon run was the best. Both band and crowd energy were higher and faster than that asteroid which just missed earth.

Help>Slip>Golden Road>Slip>Franklin's was incredible!

I challenge Furthur to top it!

Especially since I will be there. . ..
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#239504 1 year, 6 months ago
What a day. Very exciting to know that Spring still means Bob and Phil are coming east, especially with all the rumors and the later than normal release date. Happened to see the post yesterday after someone gave me a heads up. I Did two nights at the Beacon last year and stayed across the street. It was very cool, but too expensive for this Midwesterner. Definitely had more fun at shows last summer with a $40 lawn ticket, but I can adapt. But what's with the ticket announcement coinciding with the start of sales? There was no way I could check with the wife or friends about schedules on short notice. I can't understand this. I ended up buying two for every night but will only be going to two shows. It was frustrating, because they had been so consistent about announcing on Friday and selling on Monday. After seeing my $1700 bill, I just shook my head. Fairly ironic since I just posted my "Spring Tour 1983" account of traveling to the Philly Civic Center shows. Needless to say we spent a considerably smaller pile of dough to see the band then.

Can someone tell me how General Admission works in a small theater? I assume there's seats on the floor, right (though it would be cool if there wasn't).

Looks like only April 16,17 and 23 are all that's left now. I could be wrong. Frontgate has stopped selling tickets.

The Dead were always concerned about the fan experience. I wonder if they know this is nerve racking and not really fair, since some people will not know about the shows until they are sold out. Notice I'm not even complaining about the price. This is a small hall in an expensive area. I'm kind of drained from the experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, deadegad
Chester
More or less in line

#239509 1 year, 6 months ago
I agree on the lack of notice, causing some stress. In combination with the late announcement, really had people scrambling.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#239510 1 year, 6 months ago
^^I don't think there are seats on the floor but not 100% sure. I bought floor for the last three nights, I may try to go Sunday also or maybe AC. Right now I am happy with three
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#239512 1 year, 6 months ago
And I do think the lower lever of Cap theater has no seats. I think there's only seats in the balcony. But I've never been there.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#239513 1 year, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
I agree on the lack of notice, causing some stress. In combination with the late announcement, really had people scrambling.

I damn near missed it myself during a particularly shitty and exhausting week, but, thankfully, I snagged 3 pairs of 2 for three shows. Now I'll get to 'scrounging' like in the The Great Escape as we head towards April.

Good luck all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#239516 1 year, 6 months ago
they have seats on the floor but they are removed during general admission shows.
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by theothrone.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds