• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: TXR 1 year anniv and phils bday shows!

#244007 1 year, 7 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
How was the show last night? how was Stu Allen?

I enjoyed it, especially the second set, but it was not exceptional; most of the recent TXR shows have been more interesting. I thought Stu was decent but not inspiring. I thought the drummer was fairly weak. In the end, however, it was well worth the $7 - As they say, it's all good...

From the PhilZone:

Phil Lesh & Friends
03/08/2013
Unbroken Chain Benefit
Terrapin Crossroads - 1 year anniversary
San Rafael, CA

Phil Lesh
Jackie Greene
Tony Leone
Stu Allen
Jeff Chimenti

Set 1:
Bertha (JG)
Brown Eyed Women (SA)
Ship of Fools (JG) >
I've Got a Feeling (JG) (one verse) >
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (PL)
Doin' That Rag (JG)
Dupree's Diamond Blues (SA)
Loose Lucy (JG)

Set 2:
Shakedown Street (JG) >
Jam >
New Speedway Boogie (JG) >
Viola Lee Blues (All) >
Jam >
Viola (All)
Scarlet Begonias (SA) >
Fire on the Mountain Jam (Spoonful, Allman teases) >
Mountains of the Moon (PL) >
Fire on the Mountain (SA)
Death Don't Have No Mercy - Mark Karan vocal/guitar, JG on piano
Sugaree (JG

Enc: U.S. Blues (SA) w/MK on guitar
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, Sustainabill, SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244010 1 year, 7 months ago
Does anyone know if there will be a pay per view audio visual stream from Terrapin Crossroads of Phil's Birthday show?
For those who don't know, Phil will be 73 years young on Friday 3/15. As we all know there Is a TXR show scheduled for that night. For those celebrating at home (either on or off of the couch) cupcakes have been the desert of choice at past Phil birthday shows. As we all know, this show will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011. This year Phil has chosen to hang out on the mellow left coast. Hopefully you west coasters can generate some enthusiasm for this show, or at least attend. If the theater is not sold out by Thursday I will fly out there and show up just so that Phil knows that we care!
I'm okay celebrating on the couch with my fellow FFF community members. I do want to get some cupcakes on Thursday. Perhaps some peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches for either b4, during or after the cupcakes. Any FFF input on proper etiquette would be appreciated.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Math issues
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244014 1 year, 7 months ago
phil is turning 73, and just go to their website, the stream info is there 7 bucks
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244018 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks. In the old days the motto was "when all else fails read the instructions." Now we have to go to the Website. Is there such a thing as audio visual streamed cupcakes?
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#244042 1 year, 7 months ago
wish i was there. enjoy the shows, fff!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#244045 1 year, 7 months ago
Spending $7 and watching from the couch is not quite like being there, but...
No line at either the bathroom or fridge, no hassles with security, nice people on the couch, control over whether people talk or not, party favors of choice. BYOC (C=Cupcakes)
Come and join the couch party everyday!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Spelling
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#244054 1 year, 7 months ago
completely Jerry night! Nice!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244068 1 year, 7 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
completely Jerry night! Nice!

ya, i was kind of expecting more for pig
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#244071 1 year, 7 months ago
nycdave wrote:
As we all know, this show will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011.

I did not know that. (As we "all") I can agree that the mistreatment of Furthur fans from New York's finest "will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011." Phil's 70th Birthday in 2010 was a wild affair at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Lots of the same folks go to these shows. It's not us and them or you and me. It's just us - we're all in this together - because we want to be here! We'll all be celebrating with Phil. This time you are just further away. Have fun! (And may the audience behave respectably, we don't want Bob to say STFU again.)
Thank You Jerry
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244073 1 year, 7 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
nycdave wrote:
As we all know, this show will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011.

I did not know that. (As we "all") I can agree that the mistreatment of Furthur fans from New York's finest "will not be as good as the East Coast celebration of Phil's Birthday at Best Buys Amphitheater in NYC in 2011." Phil's 70th Birthday in 2010 was a wild affair at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Lots of the same folks go to these shows. It's not us and them or you and me. It's just us - we're all in this together - because we want to be here! We'll all be celebrating with Phil. This time you are just further away. Have fun! (And may the audience behave respectably, we don't want Bob to say STFU again.)

that is where i first met nycdave. the best buy theater during the spring 2011 run. pretty sure i saw you down in the philzone everynight. i wouldn't know nycdave was the same guy until last summer or something when i met him "thru the forum". you were talking to the enchanting goddess the one night. after the supplication on saturday i finally worked up the courage to talk to her. you wouldn't even know who i am talking about now i don't think. LOL. i need to lay off the sauce.

phil's birthday was a good time, a really strange setlist if you ask me. i was beyond high. someone was handing out free L by the restroom once the news about owsley spread midway thru the run, and that didn't stop until the end of the run.
i got jumbled up and lost during the abbey road medley. finally found my footing during built to last. i don't think any phil bday celebration is complete without a built to last at this point.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-15.sb...ficial.113507.flac16
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#244076 1 year, 7 months ago
nycdave wrote:
No line at either the bathroom or fridge, no hassles with security, nice people on the couch, control over whether people talk or not, party favors of choice. BYOC (C=Cupcakes)

It's a good deal. Still, it was little intimidating looking at all 8 of them at $7 a pop. But I won't be able to resist getting the shows with Bob on Monday and next week. Definitely the next best thing to being there, even if it means going back on west coast time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#244085 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
nycdave wrote:

It's a good deal. Still, it was little intimidating looking at all 8 of them at $7 a pop. But I won't be able to resist getting the shows with Bob on Monday and next week. Definitely the next best thing to being there, even if it means going back on west coast time!

I don't think mondays is available with Bob, just the 4 next weekend.... but I hope I'm wrong

but I'm in the same boat... passing on the first 3 but I'm in if Bob's gonna be there
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds