• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: TXR 1 year anniv and phils bday shows!

#244147 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#244149 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, nycdave, Iriecycle
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#244150 1 year, 1 month ago
Sustainabill wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Bill, I am just having fun with this east coast vs left coast routine. I agree 100%, shows are shows. Some are better then others. While location can factor into the discussion, it is not the be all and end all. We are all in this together.
As for the Best Buy NYC shows, there were 5 of them. I was up front all 5 nights. Small theater, big rush at the beginning then things settled down. The last night was Phil's birthday. Truth be told, there were better first sets during the 5 night run. The second set with the Beatle's Abbey Road medley was very special. John applauding Phil after he sang Mean Mr Mustard. The joy both onstage and in the audience that night, engendered such a warm feeling.
I feel fortunate to be able to watch the stream of this years birthday show. With quality sound and a video, this will indeed be a celebration. I am glad I was fortunate to attend a live birthday show in a small theater, up close and personal. Memories of that night will always be there. I am sure people will have a grand time this year. As for me chatting with a woman instead of listening to the music, uh as dishonorable a thing to do as that sounds, I wouldn't put it past me.
One other birthday show I saw live is worth mentioning. It was held in a large rundown Statium in Jersey City, NJ. The Band opened that show, then some other group from the left coast played. The date was 8/1/73. I'll put up the Eyes > Dew played that night against any I have ever seen or heard.
Anywho, looking forward to hanging on the couch with FFF family and friends this coming Friday. It sure sounds like fun!

Jerry's Birthday must have been special. The year after Jerry passed away, I went on the Furthur Festival Tour from the Gorge in Washington to Veneta, OR, Cal Expo in Sacramento, Shoreline, and Ventura, Ca. The shows were pretty similar, but I had to go to Ventura to sing Happy Birthday to Jerry with our brothers and sisters one more time.
I enjoyed that Spring 2011 tour so much from afar. You're so fortunate to have been there. The trip down Abbey Road was lots of fun for me. I chased Furthur down to Monterey to get "The End," but I didn't get it. The previous 2 tours ended with it, but not that one. You got to hear it in person! You are fortunate, Dave. If I were you I could die a happy man. Well, I'm not you, and I guess I could still die a happy man. I've got to learn how to indicate sarcasm a little better. Sometimes when I reread my posts I realize I might be misunderstood. How do I qualify a post as "Tongue-in-cheek?"

at the time i thought that sp 11 tour was good but the more time that passes, the better i find it to be, and the more grateful i am that i did that tour. longest run i ever did. there were a lot of great shows and nice destinations. the forum was created during that run. we had the first meet up on that tour.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#244157 1 year, 1 month ago
Early Morning Rain!!!!! An absolutely gorgeous version, worth the $7 on its own. Thank you, Phil!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#244161 1 year, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
Early Morning Rain!!!!! An absolutely gorgeous version, worth the $7 on its own. Thank you, Phil!

I agree about Early Morning Rain.

The whole show was good...
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#244162 1 year, 1 month ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Equinox wrote:

I agree about Early Morning Rain.

The whole show was good...

Certainly was -- particularly that second set. So much heart!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#244181 1 year, 1 month ago
setlist?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#244182 1 year, 1 month ago
1st Set
Deal - Stu
Mississippi 1/2 Step - Phil
Row Jimmy - Jackie
Tennessee Jed - Drummer (Tony Leone)
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl - Jackie
After Midnight - Stu
Good Lovin' - Jackie
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#244190 1 year, 1 month ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
setlist?

Phil Lesh & Friends
03/09/2013
Unbroken Chain Benefit
Terrapin Crossroads - 1 year anniversary
San Rafael, CA

Set 1
Deal>
Mississippi Half Step>
Row Jimmy Row>
Tennessee Jed
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
After Midnite >
Good Lovin'

Set 2
Help On the Way>
Slipknot!>
Golden Road ( To Unlimited Devotion)
Early Morning Rain>
Mountain Song>
Wharf Rat>
Caution>
Satisfaction>
Slipknot!>
Franklin's Tower

Donor Rap:
Encore : Ripple
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Sustainabill, nycdave
Chester
More or less in line

#244233 1 year, 1 month ago
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds