• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

Re: Ratdog at Peach Fest

#238281 1 year, 5 months ago
Yeehah!! Let the festival season begin! And only a 2 hour drive-sweet!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#238283 1 year, 5 months ago
stricken wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm going to get a parking pass and probably crash in my truck, you can't set up camp by your vehicle and I don't want to be unable to lock stuff up at my tent.... and it would be pointless to go set up a tent elsewhere and have to go to the truck for stuff when I could just sleep in the back. will be easier all together.

I know of this private campground not so far away will have to see if its booked up but they have cabins to rent and also primitive camping along with power hook-ups will get bact to you all on this one.

And Chester if you look at the date on bears website its 2012

any campgrounds are gonna be at least a 30 minute drive from Montage, which one were you thinking of?

My (and 83msg's) hometown shows, how can I be of service?

Anyone that has any questions about the venue or whatever, let me know. Im getting a 4 day pass, hopefully at a discount like last year.
-- smell every flower --
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#238285 1 year, 5 months ago
how far back will we be if we get GA?

I'd like reserved but for an extra $100 or more I think i'll do GA as long as it will be a decent view/sound (not tooo far from the stage)

plus most folks will probably have GA as well

...plus I can't get tickets for a while so reserved will likely be gone anyway

icon_ratdog_2013-02-19.gif
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#238286 1 year, 5 months ago
Bobby for three days in a row !!!!!!! Now thats what I'm talking about. About a 5hr drive from the house , not to bad . Summer's starting to look good.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#238287 1 year, 5 months ago
kevin wrote:
stricken wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm going to get a parking pass and probably crash in my truck, you can't set up camp by your vehicle and I don't want to be unable to lock stuff up at my tent.... and it would be pointless to go set up a tent elsewhere and have to go to the truck for stuff when I could just sleep in the back. will be easier all together.

I know of this private campground not so far away will have to see if its booked up but they have cabins to rent and also primitive camping along with power hook-ups will get bact to you all on this one.

any campgrounds are gonna be at least a 30 minute drive from Montage, which one were you thinking of?

Anyone that has any questions about the venue or whatever, let me know. Im getting a 4 day pass, hopefully at a discount like last year.

It was hemlockcampground.com in tobyhanna but is a good distance Is there no state parks near where all you need is a permit to camp free?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#238289 1 year, 5 months ago
stricken wrote:
kevin wrote:
stricken wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

It was hemlockcampground.com in tobyhanna but is a good distance Is there no state parks near where all you need is a permit to camp free?

There really are no campgrounds close to Montage Mountain, closest campground is lackawanna state park (30 minutes plus traffic leaving the show) Clayton Park Rec Area is a private one, but also 30 minute drive). To be honest, if you're staying 1-2 nights, a hotel might be your best bet or camp on-site, just pick a good spot with no water run-off and wear boots cause it gets a little muddy if it rains
I have a kinda small yard/house or I would offer camping space to all of my friends
-- smell every flower --
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#238291 1 year, 5 months ago
Put a call in to my Toyota rep in Pa. Hopefully he can score me some passes. If I can get any xtra I will let ya'll know.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#238293 1 year, 5 months ago
So the Peach Fest isn't offering onsite camping?
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#238294 1 year, 5 months ago
Oh ok they do have camping
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#238295 1 year, 5 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
So the Peach Fest isn't offering onsite camping?

it is, but they make you camp on a hillside and truck your gear in, gets a little muddy in spots if it rains, but to be honest most people had a blast last year
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingTurtle
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#238296 1 year, 5 months ago
one thing they don't make to clear.....

do you need a camping pass to park in the campers parking area?

you need a parking pass, but will they be making sure everyone who parks has a camping pass? .... I don't need to get in the camping area, just plan on sleeping in the truck in the campers parking area...

If camping passes wont sell out then I could just get one if they make me.... but if the camping passes sell out and all I have is a campers parking pass, I don't want to be shit out of luck

they say "all campers will still require a camping pass" ... and they don't say you need a camping pass to enter the camping parking area

damn they make it confusing!!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#238298 1 year, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
one thing they don't make to clear.....

do you need a camping pass to park in the campers parking area?

you need a parking pass, but will they be making sure everyone who parks has a camping pass? .... I don't need to get in the camping area, just plan on sleeping in the truck in the campers parking area...

If camping passes wont sell out then I could just get one if they make me.... but if the camping passes sell out and all I have is a campers parking pass, I don't want to be shit out of luck

damn they make it confusing!!

there is a campers parking area, but since you walk to the campsites, you probably need a pass to get access to the camping area itself. I think you probably need a camping pass to park there overnight also
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by kevin.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds