• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mickey Hart

#235820 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
bill, all due respect, seems like you were just stirring the pot with the mickey over furthur comment. everybody knows you didn't mean it. i've seen them a handful of times and although it's good, i feel dave schools is severely under showcased in that group and there is often times too much going on with a couple extras on stage. the few shows i saw seemed to be the exact same, with a couple different choice cover tunes. i would totally go see them again but if it was furthur show or mickeys band show, absolutely no contest unless i only had 20 or 30 bucks and no ride to furthur.

I was stirring the pot a little to get some conversation going, but I definitely meant every word. I would much rather see Mickey live than Furthur. The atmosphere at the shows has been wild and exciting. Lots of great energy flow and a really classy kind of crowd and vibe.

That's not to put down Furthur or the crowd. Furthur is more of a classic concert vibe, as we all know and love.

Mickeys shows are more of a classy party vibe. Artsy was a word I once heard used. Definitely a space lovers paradice. The small venues definitely show that where the festies may not, I haven't seen them at one.

Why would you think I didn't mean it?
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#235823 1 year, 7 months ago
The Achilles' heel was his female vocalist. Not sure of her name, but she was atrocious, even unbearable. It wasn't her voice, it was her style and quasi-hip-hopish cadence. I don't think I've heard them with Crystal Monee Hall.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#235836 1 year, 7 months ago
Crystal Monee Hall has a sweet voice and except for a mic problem in Columbia Mo last year sounded great when I have heard her.

To me Furthur is more like a GD concert. Knowing the songs and singing along, and now knowing a bunch of cool people to enjoy it with. I had a total blast at RR last year, definitely the high light of my year. The folks from the forum are what made it so special.

I see a Mickey show as being more of a avante garde/ chic party that I was never cool enough to get to go to. Part acid test, part rave with all the energy flowing so strongly, part GD concert mainly because there's so many GD fans there and the covers they play. Personally I like the original stuff way more than the GD stuff they cover. The spaciness and harmonics really appeals to me.

Its a connoisseurs taste, like a fancy wine or something very rare that not everyone appreciates. The shows I've been to were only $25, so it wasn't a high end cost. But the product was exquisite.

You all can call me crazy if you like, I don't mind.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, nycdave
Chester
More or less in line

#235839 1 year, 7 months ago
Crystal has a beautiful voice. I've met her, and told her that too. She's a real nice person as well.
But, she doesn't have a lot of experience, and Mickey put her front and center. So, I'll bet it
was a little uncomfortable for her at first. Give her time. I can't wait to see Mickey again.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Ossumpei
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#235842 1 year, 7 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, Ossumpei, ecojaded
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder