• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

Re: So How Was YOUR TRIday???

#23737 3 years, 2 months ago
The show was great and looking forward to see Furthur plus more of Bobby....

Can't wait to see the repeat of last nights show....
What would be the answer to answer man
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#23748 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
that sucks man I'm sorry. I feel bad for you.

during set break he mentioned something about how peoples home computers might not be ready for the "next step" ... anyone remember?

I'm ready to go out and buy the most high tech computer I need whenever that time comes! ..... the plans that he has for this place are just so unreal.

The computers not being ready comment was in regards to the Tri Studios being able to broadcast in 5.1 surround sound.

I had buffering issues, but I always do. I think I need a better router. Maybe it is something else.

But it was certainly worth the annoyance. I must say I really enjoyed Kimock. Tjat West LA Fadeaway with JC was nice.

The arachnaphob tuba player was a kick too. Looked like the horn guys were really enjoying themselves.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#23755 3 years, 2 months ago
I kept having problems with music cutting out on my router so I just bought a 100 foot ethernet cable and ran it direct - end of problem! .... no more worrying about wireless connections failing and cutting out.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#23798 3 years, 2 months ago
it was awsome i loved it only thing that sucked was my own fault my comp kicked off durning set back n woudnt come bak on till about 2 songs into the 2nd set bummer and i have a drioid x n i couldnt get the video up on it for sum reason...i had the comp back on ready 2 roll but my gf ran for smoke durning set break n i didnt kno her comp password to get on so it took anothe 5mins 2 get on....ps jay lane is one of my fav. drummer n he was awsome last nite but i love when he doin sum real jammin on drums or percussion like when he was with furthur and now w/primus
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#23808 3 years, 2 months ago
it was incredible; everything went right, the video and audio was perfect. i realized bobby's a lot like harley davidson's and whiskey, they all get better with age.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#23812 3 years, 2 months ago
^^^i'm going to have to disagree bob has not gotten better with age, his vocals are nowhere near what they were, and his playing is sometimes sloppy, for instance last nights solo tunes--he couldnt even keep in time with his "kick drum"...bobby needs the band and thats fine, whether its furthur, ratdog, or any mix of musicians he wants..now im not scaling back any respect for bob i love weir his sense of rhythm is incredibly unique and he adds a vibe that nobody could double

now, i will say that PHIL is like fine wine or fine cheese, he get's better with age...his bass playing is at a height of melodic ecstasy and his vocals are a lot better now than ever

so anyways i totally dug the TRI show...the first two tunes were shaky but i thought KC moan and LL rain were EXCELLENT...there are a lot of people who do not hear what weir is doing and last night he basically played exactly what he'd play if he were with furthur..when heff came out i really thought corrina, easy answers, and days between were really good...i only saw ashes and glass in the 2nd set, fell asleep after working 12 hrs, and the volcano beforehand did not help...it was nice to see wasserman it weir, first time for me since he was with ratdog...and also saw robin during the ashes and glass, but read he left stage afer that

the studio is awesome, what bob is doing is remarkable..he is a pioneer of this type of concert going experience. i am excited to see what else he does there...

what was up with bobs d aughter and all her friends??? i get the family vibe thing but it seemed like there could have been a thousand other people to have there or at least 2...i also thought that one dude (not barlow) hosting was kind of a moron--- one thing i remember he asked to hear esau and bob was like tell me what that song means, and the dude had no clue, other than repeating the lyrics "shadowboxing the apocolypse, and wandering the land" and bob was just like "alright then" and steered the conversation elsewhere...i remember him referring to it as "opaque"

i hope to see a recording of this!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman, DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#23845 3 years, 2 months ago
Bob's vocals were better last night then I've ever heard!

I thought Robin stayed in for the whole second set......?
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#23848 3 years, 2 months ago
>>>>>> only played for like 10 seconds before going black

once you try Black you never go back.
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#23874 3 years, 2 months ago
Surely Bob's voice is not physically what it was...............however his vocal sensitivity seems to be evolving (improving) much like when Jerry was in the throes of his addiction; Jerry's voice was weak but very "sensitive". In other words, capable of emoting and evoking emotion. A good example is Bob's LA Fadeaway on Friday (and similarly when he did it at best buy in March) when he sings the word "chateau"...he does his characteristic Bobby stepping away from the mike and his lips and voice tremble and ebb almost imperceptibly......now in the Triday recording you can clearly see his eyes which are full of emotion and do not appear "ferretlike" which they do live and have always looked since the 60's. He still has it going on......older and a bit weaker but more nuanced and sensitive.

Bobby is not the same physical specimen he once was.....very few of us after 50 or 60 or further are. However, we do acquire wisdom as well as sensitivity. Being the pretty boy that he was actually has caused him to age fairly badly....he clearly seems older than Phil which he is not.........

Now to PHIL!!!....he is the exception. Yes he has gotten better vocally. And yes his instrument sounds better probably because it is turned up much louder than 4 out of 5 GD shows had it turned up. Only that one in five special post Brent shows was really excellent....and one factor in my view was that Phil was turned up on those special nights.

All this being said, I honestly must say that I enjoy the shows every bit as much or perhaps more now than in any time since 1969. Maybe it is just me...more appreciation caused by perhaps a greater than 15 year hiatus. Prefer to think that Bob and Phil really are enlightened beings understanding the reality that we are all connected and are put on this Earth to enjoy and help each other individually and communally. And listening to each of the Furthur shows attended this last tour (4) on the CD's in the car make it clear that it was not just the drugs we had been doing....they really sound awesome at all times.

Life is indeed an elusive reality and a transient one at that, and the only thing we can be sure of is that Bob and Phil will not last forever...yes there will be DSO and other bands still making great or even better music technically, but the unique Spirits of these two men embellished by the young talent they surround themselves with produce an experience that is for me, a spiritually, religiously, ineffably cumulative shared experience.

Thank you for all your great energy and see you at Jones beach and Atlanta in July!
come and join the party every day!
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#23892 3 years, 2 months ago
I loved the whole concept.
It was great to watch/listen to such a high quality show riight in my living room.
It was also sweet to get to see all the musicians up close and observe their facial expressions, etc.

Last night I was wishing there were another broadcast. Let's hope this becomes a regular occurence. I, for one, would def pay a subscription or one time PPV fee to have these high quality shows beamed to my TV.

I am so grateful to all the guys for the tremendous effort that they obviously put into this event, it surely made my week!!!

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#23896 3 years, 2 months ago
I loved it. My roomate has a projector so I got to watch the whole thing on my wall. High quality video. I thought his solo acoustic was good but kinda boring. If thats whats in store for his summer tour I probably wont be going :/. Loved the ratdog tunes in the second set, it was good to hear those again. Everything they did in filming it was awesome though. The angles were tight, and the music was tighter. Loved Kimock, hope to see him in there again.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#23914 3 years, 2 months ago
robertjfeldmen---great insight, i will agree 100% about his vocal sensitivity, i notice it the most on days between--on any given night with whomever--it is great to get a perspective from someone who has really been privileged enough to witness everything you have with this band, their music, and its evolution
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 3.17 seconds