Platinum Boarder

What is wrong with people?

#235149 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: What is wrong with people?

#235150 1 year, 7 months ago
www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lu...rmission-sell-419034

Is this somehow related?! George Lucas is really the white rabbit?!
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#235157 1 year, 7 months ago
It sounds like a set up when you first read the title. You have to put yourself in these peoples shoes though. Anytime i've been to Disneyworld/land and meet a character....i remember them being all over me and if not hugging atleast shaking my hand or putting thie arm around me. now, they don't HAVE to touch anyone they don't feel like and I am sure it's not illegal to choose not to come in contact- they can do what they want. BUT, if they distincly didn't touch these kids then a second later were ALL over some other kids...it would upset me too. It sounds like the person in the suite was "possibly" racist or uncomfortable around them because they are black. But here's the thing legally, the family claims that the character "refused" to touch their children. It sounds like they "chose" to not touch thier kids.....the report never said the parents said to the rabbit....can you hug my child or can you please put your arm around my child....and then the character "refused" to do so.

If it was obvious that my kid was treated different from other kids not by less hugging or less touching - but by NO touching and NO hugging - I...this is just me....as a parent would say to myself....maybe this person is racist but I want to defuse the situation for my childrens behalf and make an attempt to say to the character..."Hey Mr. Rabbit...can you put your arm around my kid for a picture." If the rabbit doesn't....then that is REFUSING to do so. It also would prevent my kid from thinking the worst, even if it was the truth that they were in fact racist.

Without the rabbit actually refusing , but rather simply chose not to engage in a close interaction....they can't prove(as easily) that that is indeed what took place. I definately don't put it past someone to be racist and think its very possible that this did indeed happen just how the family says. I feel bad for them and would feel horrible myself if a character clearly engaged VERY much with other kids and the complete OPPOSITE with mine. It would definately bother me- that is for sure. But i think I would of handled it differently than this couple. There are always going to be people here and there out of the millions and millions of people on earth who are racist. Sometimes, especially at a place like Disneyland where the kids are having fun...I think its best to ignore it and actually say to yourself...hell no they arent going to treat my kids like that and I would of said...hey rabbit put your arm around her we don't have koodies. Or....tell my son...give the rabbit a high five.
If the rabbit then REFUSED to do so....then I'd sue the shit out of that racist hare
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#235159 1 year, 7 months ago
I am with you on every thing you said. See how quick Disney was to fire this person? Maybe it was racism, or just maybe their kids were acting like assholes and the guy didn't want anything to do with em. What if the person in the suit was black and the parents were white? We would never hear anything about this. I get tired of these stories cause you never know how true they really are. i thought White Rabbit was a Jefferson Airplane song.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#235161 1 year, 7 months ago
I disagree man....the whole if the rabbit wwas black and they were white you would never hear about this....
if my kids were not touched and the others were touched, hugged, and interacted with.......regardless of what color skin the person under the suit was....I'd be pissed. Would you hear about it from me? Like i said, if the rabbit actually REFUSED to touch them maybe...maybe.

But anyway maybe the guy was wearing a Dallas cowboys hat or a Lakers hat and the Rabbit was a 49ers and Warriors fan.
But that isnt really realistic...thats foolish and ridiculous. It sounds to me that he was racist..OR...just didnt think the kids wanted interaction with him that maybe they were older kids and not wanted to overwhelm them....but ive been overwhelmed by Pluto before or atleast a handshake when I was 15 years old wearing a Led Zeppelin T shirt.

I bet Disney will say that the guy was black to get out of it. But still, even if he/she wasn't racist...did treat the kids completely opposite from the others....thats what bothers me.

Check out the pics...it looks like its the 80's and the rabbit is standing next to someone with AIDS and afraid he's going to get it.
You can see how the character doesnt want to really be there. just sayin
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#235163 1 year, 7 months ago
No, I'm saying you wouldn't have heard about it on a national level. The drudge report was my source. Which isn't saying much, because the drudge just might be wanting to cause trouble or sensationalize the story. Yeah, I would have been pissed too. Sounds like Mr. Rabbit wasn't much of a people person to start with.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#235214 1 year, 7 months ago
my fat man doesn't travel anymore......

deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#235259 1 year, 7 months ago
The child in the photograph has their arms crossed over their body -- stand-offish-like -- coincidence?

Other photos at other websites also show The Rabbit and Mom with no touching.

When building a case against a mob crime family they say you cannot convict anyone with photographs -- it take more evidence than that.

Questions, questions, questions!

I wonder how accurate this story is?

Surely there is more to it?

I thought 'but Disney would not buckle to such heinous accusations if they were not true?'

Then I thought 'yes they would because it is a lose-lose situation and they just want to make it go away ASAP!'

Litigation, bad pres, costly, costly, costly.

I would like to know if that area were under video/ audio surveillance and what that might reveal?

So many more possible explanations pop into my mind other than what the family maintains; however, if ti were true they have every right to take action.

Right now I'm skeptical.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by deadegad.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds