• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: spring 2013 rumors

#237413 1 year, 8 months ago
Pretty much everywhere is easy money for them, so it's probably more a matter of where they want to go, and appeasing fans at the same time.

I say enjoy what we've got, which is four upcoming nights, and wait patiently for an announcement.

Besides, this is the year of streaming

Remember what it was like before that?
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#237414 1 year, 8 months ago
If they are waiting until after CO to announce then they need to fire their promoters! There is nobody making plans to go out to CO any longer from the east coast. Also the longer they wait the less likely they are to sell out as people need time to make plans. I think their recent attempts to wait until less than 2 months out have failed them miserably...as people cannot just throw down a few hundred bucks and get time off. My point is that if they are waiting until after CO they are shooting themselves in the foot. I think the CO shows make my point too as there wasn't sufficient time for me to plan a trip out.

I think they are just going to do a very short run in late April or May and don't have the details worked out yet. But they should hurry if they want it to sell out.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#237426 1 year, 8 months ago
I saw The Dead in 2009 in May I think, the shows and the weather in Philly were just exactly perfect. The Spectrum is gone but the Tower will do just fine.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#237427 1 year, 8 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Pretty much everywhere is easy money for them, so it's probably more a matter of where they want to go, and appeasing fans at the same time.

I say enjoy what we've got, which is four upcoming nights, and wait patiently for an announcement.

Besides, this is the year of streaming

Remember what it was like before that?

ya i remember waiting a day or 2 for a call with the setlists and then waiting 2 or 3 months or more to get my hands on the shows on cassette tapes....man those were the days of being a dedicated head! THANK GATES AND JOBS and all the other techies for making Couch Tour possible!

i say they drop dates next Friday b4 the 1st Bank shows
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#237429 1 year, 8 months ago
"There is nobody making plans to go out to CO any longer from the east coast. "

speak for yourself... I know a few and would be myself if I could swing it

and any north east run will sell out in a week..... edit -- any of their usual small venue Spring north east shows will sell out in a week tops... Wallingford may take a couple if your lucky

also I'm not suggesting they ARE coming east... just saying if they did it's pretty much an instant sell out
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#237433 1 year, 8 months ago
GKB wrote:

ya i remember waiting a day or 2 for a call with the setlists and then waiting 2 or 3 months or more to get my hands on the shows on cassette tapes....man those were the days of being a dedicated head! THANK GATES AND JOBS and all the other techies for making Couch Tour possible!

i say they drop dates next Friday b4 the 1st Bank shows

That would be a fun little surprise. I'm personally hoping for more midwest/west coast. I don't usually head to the northeast.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#237434 1 year, 8 months ago
Well there may be a few dozen folks that decide to go out to CO last minute if there is nothing in the works for the NE, but that won't sell the place out. If a show is going to sell out you know after the first day of ticket sales. Waiting to release future dates after that point is of little consequence. The band and its crew know this though.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#237437 1 year, 8 months ago
There is so much going on for the various band members and their projects, that the windows of opportunity of a Furthur tour are smaller. Phil told us about his plans last year, and touring was greatly reduced. It's difficult to see the manager's perspective without knowing what all the component members have planned. The Big Picture would reveal the potential windows of opportunity for tours. The first anniversary of the opening of the Grate Room at Terrapin Crossroads is March 17. That's only a month away. That may be the next big announcement before Spring Tour is announced. What are these guys all doing in May?
Thank You Jerry
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#237441 1 year, 8 months ago
hopefully Phil has some plans for the Crossroads the week of March 12th, because I am HOPING to come to San Francisco that week
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#237446 1 year, 8 months ago
I am not sure that TXR and Furthur coordinate their announcements. With TXR there is no need to release info soon enough for people to make travel plans. A tour is a nother beast all together.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#237453 1 year, 8 months ago
does anybody need a break from running in so many circles?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, GKB
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#237455 1 year, 8 months ago
I don't get your analagy of a circle or laps...there really isn't a going round but a constant going or searching.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds