• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

Re: spring 2013 rumors

#236501 1 year, 8 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Furthur started becoming predictable and we all got greedy.

Hence this whole post, if you think about it.

Put memories of 1996 and 1997 in your pipe and smoke it.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#236502 1 year, 8 months ago
PennsylvaniaPete wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Furthur started becoming predictable and we all got greedy.

Hence this whole post, if you think about it.

Put memories of 1996 and 1997 in your pipe and smoke it.

I was 10 and 11, listening to country music every day. I was wishing that Reba McEntire and Garth Brooks would go on tour together. lol
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#236506 1 year, 8 months ago
Any chance Furthur announces a Spring 2013 Tour this week? I've pretty much given up hope for a Spring Tour but had an odd dream that it will be announced this week. Maybe it's an omen but I'm not holding my breath.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by DigiGal.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#236515 1 year, 8 months ago
^doesn't sound like an odd dream to me
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#236566 1 year, 8 months ago
i had an odd dream phil was telling me to "dance around the 1"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#236597 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:

I suppose he was naked in this dream?
djmac
Fresh Boarder

#236718 1 year, 8 months ago
Regarding the "announcement of a non-event" point, while 100% accurate that Furthur per se never said it would be touring East this Spring, one of its fouding members' projects, TRI Studios, tweeted exactly that a month or so ago, so there was certainly a believable and credible representation that there would be an east coast spring tour. Now I'm an attorney and can sit here all day and parse words on how Spring doesn't technically end until June 21, so there is ample time for an announcement and even an eary GD-esque June tour would technically satisfy the TRI Tweet's representationm, but we all know that's horseshit. For the prior three years this outfit toured in February March and April, not some margin-hug heading into the summer solstice. So there was either a premature, erroneous or deceptive representation in that tweet. I'm not to fired up about that whatever the case may be, but there was certainly a basis for many people to conclude we'd know something by now.

Having said that, regardless of what TRI tweeted, if there has been in fact a shift in this group's touring philosophy (and it appears there has been), would it kill them to just say that and put it to rest that there won't be a spring tour but they are looking to head east later in the year? Or not heading east, or whatever. Wait, let me answer that: yes, there would be a downside because it would kill the suspense and probably lose some fringe fans along the way (likely none of us here) which in turn might hurt ticket sales etc. I know what Phil said in the interview last year and I took it rather literally at the time and told a number of friends that last summer looked like it could be the last east coast trip for a while if not ever. But the group could still ut out something more concrete in terms of an announcement on this site rather than letting the fan base it suppsoedly loves go crazy with speculation and trying to read the tea leaves. Picking who will be the next Pope is probably an easier proposition right now. (My money is on Tagle of the Phillipines or Brasil's Scherer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bluetrainsugaree, patchmyfurthur
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#236723 1 year, 8 months ago
^^good points but like you said yourself the last 3 years the tours were in Feb/March then March/April and last year was all April... so they seem to be getting later in the year with the spring tour

no offense but I'm not sure how it's horseshit that they may be doing some Spring shows in late April/early May.... it almost seems likely looking at the past 3 years

I say late spring and then either a very late summer or Fall east tour instead of the usual summer. -- but I'm probably wrong.

when the Broomfield shows are done, and it's been 1 friday since them and there's still no announcement... then I'll be convinced there's nothing in the east this spring.... I think it's pretty likely their trying to get folks out to CO with the thought that there may not be anything this spring

again, I'm probably wrong on all acounts
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#236724 1 year, 8 months ago
I'm sure Furthur will play the east coast again, if perhaps more sporadically.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#236726 1 year, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I think it's pretty likely their trying to get folks out to CO with the thought that there may not be anything this spring

A standard tactic in the music biz.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#236729 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah with the new living social deal for sunday, I am assuming it didnt sell as well as they had hoped.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#236732 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:

Damn, if he would have just told you what the One was, then you would have logically been able to firgure out the IV and V!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds