• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Regarding women in combat

#235204 1 year, 8 months ago
DrippingColors wrote:
This will be my last response to you, WM, as I don't converse with people who use profanity while discussing politics. I've never heard that Jessica Lynch was raped. I've never heard of ShortNews.com, either, but WorldNetDaily is the biggest piece of journalistic trash this side of FOX News. If you look at

www.google.com/search?q=was+jessica+lync...amp;client=firefox-a

you'll see it's hardly a settled issue. Regardless, it's irrelevant to the larger argument.
Your Reuters article proves my point, whether it's in this country or overseas, a female in the military is far more likely to get raped by her fellow soldier than an enemy combatant, and who are you to decide if that's a risk they should take? I'm sorry you're unable to discuss an important issue without personal attacks, which I don't condone.

I used profanity?

oh the use of "bullshit"....

personal attacks?

huh?
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Wheelman.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235205 1 year, 8 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
yeah, I disapprove...

GOD forbid, these women serving in foward units ever get captured by enemy forces...
& the article is from 2007...by then, our military was simply policing Iraq...& wasnt fighting in battles with Iraqi forces...

female cops have guns too...hers just happened to be bigger, & more militarized...
she was also in armored vehicle, which gave her even more protection...
then say the Grunt on the ground, doing patrols with platoon...

she was probaly stationed at a market or checkpoint, or something like that...
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235208 1 year, 8 months ago
I was in the Navy when The whole Gulf War thing broke out. I was a Corpsmen, medic for those who don't know what that is, stationed with the Marines and sent to Kuwait when it started. I was working side by side with 3 females, doing the same job as me. The only difference was I was getting combat pay and they were not. Funky was right by saying that is the reason for this change. They deserve the pay because they are already doing the job. End of subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, SunshineSue, DrippingColors
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235209 1 year, 8 months ago
gvanman wrote:
I was in the Navy when The whole Gulf War thing broke out. I was a Corpsmen, medic for those who don't know what that is, stationed with the Marines and sent to Kuwait when it started. I was working side by side with 3 females, doing the same job as me. The only difference was I was getting combat pay and they were not. Funky was right by saying that is the reason for this change. They deserve the pay because they are already doing the job. End of subject.

equal pay-scale was not the threads topic...

Thank you for your service, vanman...
but your service does not give you higher moral ground in this debate...

I believe in equal pay for equal work...

but that's not the issue...
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235219 1 year, 8 months ago
They are already doing the job. I know firsthand. It's not as if they are doing anything different. I guess you feel as if they should not be in combat but they already are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235221 1 year, 8 months ago
And the reason for this coming to light about women in combat is solely so they can get the pay. So it is THE issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235222 1 year, 8 months ago
gvanman wrote:
They are already doing the job. I know firsthand. It's not as if they are doing anything different. I guess you feel as if they should not be in combat but they already are.

then why are they coming out NOW, with this info?

I've never seen any footage of female infantry personnel in all the Iraqi/Afghan combat footage I've viewed...

can someone show me some...

Ive been looking for a few hours now...
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235227 1 year, 8 months ago
like war isn't hard enough on a soldier...

war has a tendency to remove the humanity,compassion & empathy from those who serve in combat...

funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235232 1 year, 8 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
gvanman wrote:

equal pay-scale was not the threads topic...

Thank you for your service, vanman...
but your service does not give you higher moral ground in this debate...

I believe in equal pay for equal work...

but that's not the issue...

That IS the issue, at least that's the original issue I brought up and you originally quoted. Don't back pedal now.
The voices tell me what to say
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235233 1 year, 8 months ago
The reason it is coming out now, refer to earlier posts, is so they can get the same pay.period. Just because you can't find any females in combat situations online somewhere you are assuming it does not happen. Listen to me, it's been going on for quite some time. I know from at least January 17th 1991 in because I was there. I normally never mention being there but it's time to tell you that you do not know what you are talking about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235234 1 year, 8 months ago
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235236 1 year, 8 months ago
gvanman wrote:
The reason it is coming out now, refer to earlier posts, is so they can get the same pay.period. Just because you can't find any females in combat situations online somewhere you are assuming it does not happen. Listen to me, it's been going on for quite some time. I know from at least January 17th 1991 in because I was there. I normally never mention being there but it's time to tell you that you do not know what you are talking about.

look, I know quite a Iraqi few vets...
they never once mentioned their fellow female compatriots in their units...

hey, I can claim I climbed Mt. Everest...
but before I expect others to believe me, I'd have to offer up proof...
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds