• Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Regarding women in combat

#235304 1 year, 5 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
Well we don't have a draft right now and enlistment in the us is optional though it is required to register with the federal government when you turn 18. So I don't see how they are not being given a choice? Its a slippery slope when you start denying a portion of citizens in a country privileges that are given to half the population. That just feels like its setting all of us up for a future I don't want to be a part of.

well "a womens choice" might be the official line the military will use...
but you can be damn sure, they'll be pressured into going where ever there's a shortage of personnel...

Being pressured into goin were there is a shortage of personnel is there duty as soldiers and what they signed up for! They are troops they go were they are needed. There ain't much freeway will and the choice to relinquish that to be part of a larger system supporting your country and fellow citizens is what the.military is supposed to be about. But MEN have made it so.much more!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#235305 1 year, 5 months ago
apologies to all for starting this thread.... my stance to state it clearly is I am never in favor of discrimination of any kind be it race,color, gender, sexual preference or creed. This is supposed to be a free country....and if a female passes all required tests and wants to be in combat why should any law or person stop her? Discrimination bad mkay.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#235306 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow Wheelman maybe the world is coming to an end. I concur with Dire Wolf
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235308 1 year, 5 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
Well we don't have a draft right now and enlistment in the us is optional though it is required to register with the federal government when you turn 18. So I don't see how they are not being given a choice? Its a slippery slope when you start denying a portion of citizens in a country privileges that are given to half the population. That just feels like its setting all of us up for a future I don't want to be a part of.

but you can be damn sure, they'll be pressured into going where ever there's a shortage of personnel...

That's their job, I highly doubt that they will send whole segregated platoons of women to get slaughtered like they did with Black, Asian, Hispanic, and Native Americans.
The voices tell me what to say
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235309 1 year, 5 months ago
gvanman wrote:
OK, so you don't want the military to begin to put women in combat. The beginning has begun at least 22 years ago that I know of.

22 years ago, huh???
prove it....

you've got to back up your claims....

I know women in the military were in supporting roles. like logistics...
you probably mean "combat supporting roles")

but they weren't part of the tip of the spear...

so prove me wrong...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Wheelman.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#235311 1 year, 5 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
gvanman wrote:
OK, so you don't want the military to begin to put women in combat. The beginning has begun at least 22 years ago that I know of.

22 years ago, huh???
prove it....

you've got to back up your claims....

I know women in the military were in supporting roles. like logistics...
but they weren't part of the tip of the spear...

so prove me wrong...

He already said he served in Kuwait with women in combat zones. I don't think he needs to lie about that.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235312 1 year, 5 months ago
funky420 wrote:

He already said he served in Kuwait with women in combat zones. I don't think he needs to lie about that.

combat zones??????????

nobody's disputing that...
HELL!! even Eisenhowers Secretary accompanied him into theatre's of operations....
hahahahaha.....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Wheelman.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235313 1 year, 5 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:

OK, lets just not pay them combat pay even though they are being "pressured into going where ever there's a shortage". Lets not give a shit. Lets continue to pay them non-combat pay. Thats the answer, Right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#235314 1 year, 5 months ago
@wheelman
What exactly is the point you are trying to make? I think you just want to argue with people. I'm done I've made my point .
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235315 1 year, 5 months ago
[quote="Wheelman" post=235309]gvanman wrote:

22 years ago, huh???
prove it....

Your wrong. I do not have to back my claims. I know it because I worked side by side with them. If you do not think that a Navy Corpsmen in the field with the Marines is combat situation, you no nothing at all. And these females were right there with me. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. It's really sad that you are so closed minded on the fact they they are already there. Hey, ya wanna buy a bridge?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Dire Wolf
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds