• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Regarding women in combat

#235292 1 year, 2 months ago
Well we don't have a draft right now and enlistment in the us is optional though it is required to register with the federal government when you turn 18. So I don't see how they are not being given a choice? Its a slippery slope when you start denying a portion of citizens in a country privileges that are given to half the population. That just feels like its setting all of us up for a future I don't want to be a part of.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235293 1 year, 2 months ago
575542_540200759335440_237037958_n.jpg
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#235295 1 year, 2 months ago
The military complex is a whole other animal unto itself and the united states dependence and use of its power is capable of endless assumption and discussion. But woman's rights to volunteer in military combat is an issue by itself. Woman having equal rights means just that. You want to discuss the us military that's the a whole other discussions with more layers than the onions in my kitchen cupboard, and yeah the more you peel'em away the more it stinks but woman have a god given ring to participate in all roles in our society. If they were empowered more I'm convinced we wouldn't have to live in the shit hole of a planet that men have tried to make out for us. There's a reason why mother nature is called just that, woman are a source of power and enlightnemnet for men its.too bad so many of us just choose to ignore it and at worst violently suppress it.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#235296 1 year, 2 months ago
Leon Panetta is wise
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#235298 1 year, 2 months ago
funky420 wrote:

That what you get with our current news and public school systems. The acknowledgment and encouragement that being opinionated is more substantial and empowering than being informed.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235299 1 year, 2 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
The military complex is a whole other animal unto itself and the united states dependence and use of its power is capable of endless assumption and discussion. But woman's rights to volunteer in military combat is an issue by itself. Woman having equal rights means just that. You want to discuss the us military that's the a whole other discussions with more layers than the onions in my kitchen cupboard, and yeah the more you peel'em away the more it stinks but woman have a god given ring to participate in all roles in our society. If they were empowered more I'm convinced we wouldn't have to live in the shit hole of a planet that men have tried to make out for us. There's a reason why mother nature is called just that, woman are a source of power and enlightnemnet for men its.too bad so many of us just choose to ignore it and at worst violently suppress it.

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#235300 1 year, 2 months ago
OK, so you don't want the military to begin to put women in combat. The beginning has begun at least 22 years ago that I know of. But wait, I guess because it wasn't common knowledge they don't deserve to get combat pay. That IS why they have this new mandate, not because we are short on troops. But its obvious you are gonna beleive whatever the hell it is that you believe in. I'll tell ya what, let's just keep it the same as it was before you ever heard of the "new" mandate and not pay the females combat pay even though they are already there. Agree?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235301 1 year, 2 months ago
funky420 wrote:

I think this sums it up wheelman
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235302 1 year, 2 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Well we don't have a draft right now and enlistment in the us is optional though it is required to register with the federal government when you turn 18. So I don't see how they are not being given a choice? Its a slippery slope when you start denying a portion of citizens in a country privileges that are given to half the population. That just feels like its setting all of us up for a future I don't want to be a part of.

well "a womens choice" might be the official line the military will use...
but you can be damn sure, they'll be pressured into going where ever there's a shortage of personnel...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#235303 1 year, 2 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:

Did you grow up watching too much TV? Maybe watching more PBS would've helped!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds