• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Regarding women in combat

#235336 1 year, 2 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:

Pick up a weapon and charge enemy fortifications? !?! That hasn't happened since the frigging civil war, well maybe hamburger hill or the likes in Vietnam but really? Modern combat is nothing like past conflicts especially if youre gonna compare them to theaters of conflict in WWII. Yes I come from a long long line of military service (I'm the first son who hasn't enlisted) but yeah know what everyone in my family told me to do. "DO NOT subject yourself to that horror!" May the people who CHOOSE to serve be honored and watched over for their families!

oh-really?
then what happened in Fallujah?
lots of door to door, & hand to hand combat went on there...

or how about Afghanistan
when troops were dropped right on top of a Taliban stronghold in the mountains..
www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/640573/posts
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#235337 1 year, 2 months ago
Those are individual battles that exhibited classic war tactics. The overall "style" of the conflict is not like that I'm sorry. Now I sign off my fourth beer and whiskey are calling my name.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235338 1 year, 2 months ago
gvanman wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
gvanman wrote:
If you think that a Navy Corpsman is a "supporting role" for the Marines you again are wrong. Here's a fact for you: The military job, including grunts, that has the MOST posthumously awarded Medal Of Honor's is the Navy Corpsman saving the lives of Marines on the battlefield. FACT. But I guess I imagined those fermale Corpsman working with me on the battlefield. It must have been the heat.

Ah, & so they didnt actually pick up a weapon & charge the enemy, like I been saying.

but instead, brought the combat personnel, i.e. men-folk, cookies & milk during battle intermissions..

That is absolutley the most idiotic staement I have ever heard anyone make. You should be ashamed of yourself. I no longer will talk to you as I think you are a case for someone with a medical degree that I do not have. It just amazes me that you could really say that. I'm embarrassed for ever conversing with you as you have the mind of a child. A fucked up child. don't bother responding to me as after your last statement, you are dead to me. have fun!

I could just hear those army nurses & female Corpsman right now, cussin' me out!!!

funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#235341 1 year, 2 months ago
5023006767_8f4ef7c43c_z.jpg
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, DrippingColors
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#235358 1 year, 2 months ago
I did not serve. I came close to joining but that does not count. Yet I have been reading both pro and contra articles on this subject over the past month and over the years.

The bottom line for me is no.

While there certainly are women who can pass the current physical standards there are not many who can, or want to.

Some of the contra commentators say that the physical standards will be lowered no matter what the the pro advocates say. It I had to bet . . .. I would bet that the standards will be compromised.

Regarding Combat, frontlines, infantry units and combat zones? I don't doubt that women get shot at, and shoot back, or are near artillery fire, etc.. As one poster said women corpsman, medics, etc are close to the fire etc.., and they should get the commensurate pay.

Regarding the combat experience, decorations and promotions? I have read that some advocates for women in combat say it is needed because promotions are wedded to that -- and that that is just not fair. I would hope that could be resolved without letting women in the most direct 'combat' roles.

And if not?

Tough luck.

I am not trying to be deliberately provocative or Mr. Macho. Life is not always fair ( I know, I know, race, religion sexual orientation; et. al..) Yet still.

I salute Jessica Lynch's service but if I recall correctly she was sexually assaulted while still knocked out from injuries( some say yes, other say no). Male soldiers put themselves in danger to save her because she was a woman in a way they may not have done if she were a male. That's what I recall from reading articles anyway.

I would bet on the worst imaginable happening sooner or later.

When reading this thread, and watching the debate, reading the articles, it reminds me of Title 9 Law controversy which may have increased some female opportunities in sports but seriously backfired by adversely affecting mens' participation in sports.

You know the saying: Beware of Greeks bearing gifts? (because the gift, The Trojan Horse, had Greek warriors inside). Well it is similar with government legislation. Well intentioned -- But, But, But!

Were going to find out now.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#235362 1 year, 2 months ago
That would be cool if Keisha would go into combat wearing that satanic dress with a "I Heart California" shirt..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235364 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
That would be cool if Keisha would go into combat wearing that satanic dress with a "I Heart California" shirt..

DrippingColors
Junior Boarder

#235693 1 year, 2 months ago
I respect your thoughtful consideration of this matter, Deadegad. To be clear, this was a change requested by the military, not legislators, and will give equal opportunities to only women who can pass the same rigorous physical tests as men.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/...nge-panetta/1861995/
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by DrippingColors.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds