• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Regarding women in combat

#234894 1 year, 7 months ago
Wheelman I suggest you do some reading. You are wrong on all counts. They can't be forced into combat...they have to volunteer & pass rigourous testing. Another part of the reasoning is females currently in the service have very little chance of upward promotion without battlefield experience. & I hate to say this but the "arguments" you are using sound very similar to the ones that were made about letting african americans into the army. Furthur I am sure many of the ladies currently in the service could kick both our old asses.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234899 1 year, 7 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Wheelman I suggest you do some reading. You are wrong on all counts. They can't be forced into combat...they have to volunteer & pass rigourous testing. Another part of the reasoning is females currently in the service have very little chance of upward promotion without battlefield experience. & I hate to say this but the "arguments" you are using sound very similar to the ones that were made about letting african americans into the army. Furthur I am sure many of the ladies currently in the service could kick both our old asses.

just because you claim im wrong on all accounts...
does not make it so...
prove me wrong...
(These women will be pressured relentlessly, until they submit)
thats what the military does..they re-write the contract, just like with Stop-Gap
do you think those soldiers wanted to serve so many tours of duty, or would even sign up if they thought the military would force them to be re-deployed over&over&over&over again???

you can argue against common sense till the cows come home...
but nothing I've stated is invalid....

& why does "kick both our asses" even come into the debate?
how much hand-to-hand combat do infantry personnel ever really see?
(not much, if any)

or did you mean, they're in better shape then I am?
HA!!!
I'll take that pepsi challenge any day of the week...
I wrestle Piano's for a living, up multiple flights of staircases in 5 story Brownstones in NYC for a living...
Ive been a career Mover, since I was in my teens
& staying in top shape makes my daily life, that much easier...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Wheelman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#234904 1 year, 7 months ago
OK WM, My documentation was an actual person, yours was fictitious
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234906 1 year, 7 months ago
DrippingColors wrote:
OK WM, My documentation was an actual person, yours was fictitious

yeah, well,,,,,unless you got a brigade of those women...
your point doesnt really hold water, now does it...
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234907 1 year, 7 months ago
ANYBODY HERE WANT THEIR DAUGHTERS IN COMBAT?
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#234908 1 year, 7 months ago
Since you've acknowledged my point on the ability of a soldier with ovaries to cause you the aforementioned proboscis and testicular injuries, the onus is now upon you to prove that other human beings afflicted with mammary glands are incapable of doing so also.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234910 1 year, 7 months ago
DrippingColors wrote:
Since you've acknowledged my point on the ability of a soldier with ovaries to cause you the aforementioned proboscis and testicular injuries, the onus is now upon you to prove that other human beings afflicted with mammary glands are incapable of doing so also.

well that's not really the reality of modern day military combat, now is it?
so the whole point you're tryin to make, doesnt jive with the necessary skill set needed for infantry personnel...

try to stay on topic....
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#234911 1 year, 7 months ago
STW, I applaud your defense of the female warrior, and understand your desire to lighten the mood with humor. Still, I find menstrual jokes to be in poor taste.
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#235152 1 year, 7 months ago
WM, the topic, according to you, was a woman's ability to, "be expected to kick in doors, & physically detain people, as well as sprint in urban environments..
i.e. stairs, alley-ways, urban obstacles..."

Since the woman in the article clearly proves they are capable of doing these things, my reply was completely on topic. On the matter of rape, a woman's chance at being raped is exponentially higher in a US training camp, than it is by the Taliban or other foreign troops. Jessica Lynch? Wasn't raped and, in fact, says she was given humane treatment by her Iraqi captors. I don't think any parent wants their daughters OR SONS to face the perils of combat, but guess what WM, it's not up to us what our adult children decide to do with their lives. You have an extremely paternalistic view of women. You might want to try the 21st century sometime, where women, minorities, and gays have equal rights.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#235169 1 year, 7 months ago
DrippingColors wrote:
WM, the topic, according to you, was a woman's ability to, "be expected to kick in doors, & physically detain people, as well as sprint in urban environments..
i.e. stairs, alley-ways, urban obstacles..."

Since the woman in the article clearly proves they are capable of doing these things, my reply was completely on topic. On the matter of rape, a woman's chance at being raped is exponentially higher in a US training camp, than it is by the Taliban or other foreign troops. Jessica Lynch? Wasn't raped and, in fact, says she was given humane treatment by her Iraqi captors. I don't think any parent wants their daughters OR SONS to face the perils of combat, but guess what WM, it's not up to us what our adult children decide to do with their lives. You have an extremely paternalistic view of women.

You might want to try the 21st century sometime, where women, minorities, and gays have equal rights.

what a bullshit thing to say...

yes, Jessica Lynch was raped...
www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=33861
////////////////////////////////////////////
www.wnd.com/2003/11/21645/

Better chance of being raped in a training camp, huh?
(you obviously dont know what you're talking about)
www.reuters.com/article/2009/04/16/us-us...dUSTRE53F3C520090416

everything you've said in that post is inaccurate:silly:
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Wheelman.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds