• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1635

Re: cant get enough '94

#236365 1 year, 5 months ago
Dopeywonder. That is unfortunate. I would never send a death threat to anyone, little less to a fomer, or current Dead member. If that happened, then they are neither a head, or a humanitarian in general. I have no ill feelings towards you. Because I have never met you, + that is not how I conduct my life on a daily basis. Peace.
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder
Posts:41

Re: cant get enough '94

#236366 1 year, 5 months ago
I guess i meant to say sue, vince was harassed til the day he took his life. Apparently somehow these so called heads got his personal email and besides that its also a majority of people that talk shit on vince and his vocals. Another reason im ashamed of our thing we have in common, the dead. Unfortunately a man died and the people that cheered him on to do it prolly dont miss a wink of sleep cuz all they did was use words and words could never drive someone to slit their throat could they? I guess if his blood was on my hands i would tell myself that too. If u didnt bad mouth him this isnt meant for u but seeing how my positive start to this thread was overwhelmingly attacked there is good chance some people in this room drove him to the grave.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Re: cant get enough '94

#236369 1 year, 5 months ago
Hey dopey- beauty is in the eyes and ears of the viewer/listener. Love 94 all you want. Have at it. Just because the vast majority of deadheads think 94 is weak it is also their opinion and they are just as entitled to theirs as yours. As far as Vince--where to start. He was turned away from Alpine because he was unstable....he tried to kill himself by o'd' ing intentionally on the Ratdog tour bus. The band and members wanted nothing to do with him at that point. The fans didn't chase him away. As far as emails to him, if your a grown adult and let someone you don't even know bother you enough to commit suicide you got serious issues in the first place. As with all behaviour his actions caused the consequences. Trying to pin a suicide on "the fans" may be the most ludicrous thing I have ever read in the internet.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1635

Re: cant get enough '94

#236370 1 year, 5 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
I guess i meant to say sue, vince was harassed til the day he took his life. Apparently somehow these so called heads got his personal email and besides that its also a majority of people that talk shit on vince and his vocals. Another reason im ashamed of our thing we have in common, the dead. Unfortunately a man died and the people that cheered him on to do it prolly dont miss a wink of sleep cuz all they did was use words and words could never drive someone to slit their throat could they? I guess if his blood was on my hands i would tell myself that too. If u didnt bad mouth him this isnt meant for u but seeing how my positive start to this thread was overwhelmingly attacked there is good chance some people in this room drove him to the grave.



I understand your point of view. But, I would have approached it a little differently. I had no problems with Vince. He had a unique sound.But he was in a hard situation. Trying to replace Brent (a daunting task), while watching the empire crumble.
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder
Posts:41

Re: cant get enough '94

#236373 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:
denverman, vince was harassed via email up til his death by so called deadheads

I've never heard that, do you have a source for that assertion? As I mentioned above, email wasn't even widely used in '94, though certainly there was a lot of parking lot criticism of Vince. But this is ringing a bit hollow, imho. Are you sure you're not just feeling like an internet fight today, dopeywonder? I suggest listening to 7/1/94 instead of fighting more, it'll be healthier!

My source is mike lawson. He runs vinces website
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Re: cant get enough '94

#236375 1 year, 5 months ago
Ok my opinion on vince. On the plus side he encouraged and brought a lot of Beatles and pushed for other old classics to be played. I thought his voice was pretty good especially on high harmonies like Wharf Rat. His casio playing wasn't my cup of tea but had its moments. Filling Brents shoes was no easy task...and the fact they were peaking just as Brent died didn't help either. What I didn't like was Way to Go Home & Samba in the Rain. One of them was played nearly every show, many times killing the momentum. If Way to Go was played last night, you can pretty well damn bet Samba was gonna be played tonight. They both would have been much better served in Set 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder
Posts:41

Re: cant get enough '94

#236377 1 year, 5 months ago
attention haters, it was sites like this that vince was attacked on. Google it yourself. He would reply and always sign it love, vince. If that doesnt break your heart i dont know what to tell ya.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: cant get enough '94

#236378 1 year, 5 months ago
i thought dopeywonder was iraqistatefair
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3259

Re: cant get enough '94

#236380 1 year, 5 months ago
1994 was one of the worst years the Grateful Dead ever had

you can have it ALL...................................
-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3259

Re: cant get enough '94

#236385 1 year, 5 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
attention haters, it was sites like this that vince was attacked on. Google it yourself. He would reply and always sign it love, vince. If that doesnt break your heart i dont know what to tell ya.


what breaks my heart is vince, brent and jerry all died because of their addictions to heroin, not a bunch of deadheads emailing vince about how he sucks, If you knew the circumstances of how VW took his life, you should know better.

you really are Dopey and I Wonder where you get your info

just sayin....................
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: dopeywonder
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7416
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: cant get enough '94

#236398 1 year, 5 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:
this might be the schmuk who emailed nasty shit to vince. Boulder u r a loser. Prolly didnt even go to any shows in 94


I was just wondering who the schmuk is/was? Pigpen and Jerry seem unlikely Bobby, Billy - did you send nasty emails to Vince??

Strangerinboulder


I was giving you a hard time man ... you said "this might be the schmuck who emailed ..." and you have a picture of the boys in their haight ashbury house .. so I thought you meant one of them did it ... ahhhh nevermind Like I said ... Good Lord
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder
Posts:41

Re: cant get enough '94

#236405 1 year, 5 months ago
kevin, get off my thread. Seriously. Hater. U just outed yourself as somwone who talked shit on vinces page. Class act defending those people. Fyi heroin didnt kill vince a knife to the throat did. U make me ashamed to love the music cuz i dont want anythin to do with scum like u kevin. Denverman, that was funny i get it but i think u guys have really let me down. Read my first two posts on this thread, totally positive. Thenie fff nazis arrived on the scene. But i take with me the 3 or 4 positive kind remarks. The rest of you are what you are and i want no part of it. Karma will get u. U cant spew negativity on sensitive positive people and not receive your givings ten fold.
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds