• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theotherone
Junior Boarder

Re: cant get enough '94

#236332 1 year, 8 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:
your right. Fascists is not accurate. Hateful. Carbon copies. Assholes is more truthful. Keep the hatred coming. One man gone (vince) and another to go.

Wow !!!

Ditto......especially the "Keep the hatred coming" part....
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#236335 1 year, 8 months ago
this might be the schmuk who emailed nasty shit to vince. Boulder u r a loser. Prolly didnt even go to any shows in 94
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by dopeywonder.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#236340 1 year, 8 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
probably in a minority on this. there were unquestionably some great moments, but probably more not so great. I caught the the bulk of the summer tour and the inconsistency, not just from show to show but from song to song is astounding. Jerry was in obvious decline. That being said, you would be hard pressed to find many Stella Blues better than 3/21 or 8/1.
This is actually a great show, I think:

archive.org/details/gd94-08-01.set2-sbd.georges.1026.sbeok.shnf

Hey, I just realized this is Jerry's birthday show at the Palace! What a fun night that was, and you're right DIK, it's a great example of an excellent show in '94, even with Picasso Moon, VOTC and Samba all in there. More proof that the set list never really tells the story. The Stella was beautiful, and it was the only time I ever heard Childhood's End. And we got both the Addam's Family and Mickey Mouse Club theme to start it off, and I thought we sang Happy Birthday to Jerry, but I'm not finding it on the recording. Maybe that was just me singing. But a good time was had by all, even in 1994!!

Here's the whole show:

archive.org/details/gd94-08-01.neumann.n...cki.12522.sbeok.shnf

Picasso Moon, Peggy-O, The Same Thing, Stagger Lee, Childhood's End, The Music Never Stopped Victim Or The Crime-> Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain, Samba In The Rain, Estimated Prophet-> Drums-> Space-> All Along The Watchtower, Stella Blue-> Satisfaction, E: Liberty
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#236352 1 year, 8 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
this might be the schmuk who emailed nasty shit to vince. Boulder u r a loser. Prolly didnt even go to any shows in 94

I'm sorry , I do not know Vince. And yes I did go to the '94 McNichols shows. And what does prolly mean?
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#236355 1 year, 8 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:

I'm sorry , I do not know Vince. And yes I did go to the '94 McNichols shows. And what does prolly mean?

Prolly as in u prolly never listened to any of the suggestions i or others have posted on here. Prolly as in someone who attacks my phone typing when his punctuation leaves something to be desired is prolly a asshole and is definately one of the reasons im embarassed we have something in common.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#236356 1 year, 8 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:

I was just wondering who the schmuk is/was? Pigpen and Jerry seem unlikely Bobby, Billy - did you send nasty emails to Vince??
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#236357 1 year, 8 months ago
i remember haters in 94-94 like strangerinboulder at shows. They would moan and make a big fuss when bob sang songs. They would let all around them know they were unhappy it wasnt all jerry tunes. Its nothing new these haters. Haters hate.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#236358 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:

I was just wondering who the schmuk is/was? Pigpen and Jerry seem unlikely Bobby, Billy - did you send nasty emails to Vince??

How many people were even really using email in '94?? I wasn't, not even at work much.
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#236359 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:

Strangerinboulder
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#236360 1 year, 8 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
dopeywonder wrote:

Prolly as in u prolly never listened to any of the suggestions i or others have posted on here. Prolly as in someone who attacks my phone typing when his punctuation leaves something to be desired is prolly a asshole and is definately one of the reasons im embarassed we have something in common.

If you are talking about hatred, I have none. You seem to have an endless reserve of it. And who is Vince?
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by strangerinboulder.
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#236362 1 year, 8 months ago
denverman, vince was harassed via email up til his death by so called deadheads
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#236364 1 year, 8 months ago
dopeywonder wrote:
denverman, vince was harassed via email up til his death by so called deadheads

I've never heard that, do you have a source for that assertion? As I mentioned above, email wasn't even widely used in '94, though certainly there was a lot of parking lot criticism of Vince. But this is ringing a bit hollow, imho. Are you sure you're not just feeling like an internet fight today, dopeywonder? I suggest listening to 7/1/94 instead of fighting more, it'll be healthier!
The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds