• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

cant get enough '94

#234831 1 year, 8 months ago
anyone else feel me? I love the tone of jerrys guitar this year and of course it was my first show friday the 13th '94
Attachments:
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

Re: cant get enough '94

#234838 1 year, 8 months ago
probably in a minority on this. there were unquestionably some great moments, but probably more not so great. I caught the the bulk of the summer tour and the inconsistency, not just from show to show but from song to song is astounding. Jerry was in obvious decline. That being said, you would be hard pressed to find many Stella Blues better than 3/21 or 8/1.
This is actually a great show, I think:

archive.org/details/gd94-08-01.set2-sbd.georges.1026.sbeok.shnf
Right now, I can't read too well...
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#234840 1 year, 8 months ago
try morning dew from 6-13-94 . forgot fo mention haters need not apply.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#234842 1 year, 8 months ago
Not a hater just a realist - the shows I saw in 94 were disastrous... but I know there are some good ones out there to be had.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#234846 1 year, 8 months ago
Not a hater a realist. (hah came back to edit I didnot steal your line DM..great minds...) Spring and summer tour with a few very rare exceptions were woefully hideous. As far as Morning Dew the highlight of spring tour was the dew on 3/27/94 Nassau. Fall 94 was actually pretty good the last burning embers of greatness.... see 10/1 & 10/5 to start. as far as up and down in the same show--check out the Cassidy from 3/24 Nassau...off the hook...rest of the show was ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

archive.org/details/gd94-03-24.naks.ladner.14258.sbeok.shnf
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#234852 1 year, 8 months ago
The shows were good enought to wrap my music life up. I really enjoyed 94 in the moment. I dont often go back and listen to much but Im bias cause thats close to when I got on the bus. What I do love is all the JGB in 94.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: dopeywonder
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#234854 1 year, 8 months ago
Not a hater either....but just have never been able to listen & enjoy much of anything after '90....too sad to watch at the time.
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#234861 1 year, 8 months ago
theotherone wrote:
Not a hater either....but just have never been able to listen & enjoy much of anything after '90....too sad to watch at the time.

91 & 93 had some real good shows.... 91 pretty consistently...but I here where you are coming from... spring 92, spring & summer 94 were the bottom... I actually thought they showed some life in 95....every show was a roller coaster though..one great well played song....into suckage>then back up......
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#234871 1 year, 8 months ago
Heard a awesome show from 94 on Sirius the other day

10/1/94 Boston... take a listen.....
GOOD LOVE
dopeywonder
Junior Boarder

#234872 1 year, 8 months ago
thank you haters for reminding me y i dont frequent these places. Saying your not a hater doesnt mean a thing. Its like the racist who says hes not cuz he has a black friend. U r all so brilliant by saying jerrys health was in decline. We are all in decline, especially after reading hateful remarks. Dont think i will be back here.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds