• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: The Grateful dead (warlocks) and the occult....

#234378 1 year, 6 months ago
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by ecojaded.
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#234384 1 year, 6 months ago

Well, they weren't in possession of "mass amounts" of drugs, and they were put in jail.

The press release states that Lenny Hart bailed them all out with 39,000.
In reality, Warner Brothers bribed the police station, and they went free.
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
RambleFurthur
Junior Boarder

#234386 1 year, 6 months ago
All possession charges were dropped, just like they were in 67', except for the charges against Owsley. He served two years for manufacturing and possession of 350,000 doses of LSD...Two years? This was a time when people were serving 5-10 years for a little weed....According to Rolling Stone March 7, 1970 -- Issue 53, it was a mass amount of drugs...
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#234436 1 year, 6 months ago
I was a Theosophist in my past life, and now I'm just a headbanger. I was wondering what happened. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
RambleFurthur
Junior Boarder

#235052 1 year, 6 months ago
That's all we got? A few off color remarks and some links that paint "The Law" as a box of fuzzy kittens as apposed to the dark sexual rituals and animal sacrafise that were it's roots?....Guess no one wants to touch this one...Bummer
Carl
Junior Boarder

#235085 1 year, 6 months ago
i guess you did not get good responses because you asked questions that nobody truthfully knows. its all hear say and speculation. san fran was/is the most tolerant city in the us. naturally it would attract outsiders (like levay) who's practices, ideas, and beliefs were tolerated. seems to me like the only real relation between any of the characters you are talking about is geography (san francisco and california in general), a like for psychedelics, and the very general and very popular mentality of that generation that included a dislike for authority and an acceptance of the strange and weird. I know you pointed to a few pieces of info that may suggest relationships, but timothy leary said so much stupid and incoherent stuff i dont know what to make of his take on the occult. I definitely do not believe all of these characters were in on a master plan to implement or perpetuate the visions of aleister crowley. it doesnt matter what anyone thinks though. its all speculation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
RambleFurthur
Junior Boarder

#235107 1 year, 6 months ago
Carl wrote:
i guess you did not get good responses because you asked questions that nobody truthfully knows. its all hear say and speculation. san fran was/is the most tolerant city in the us. naturally it would attract outsiders (like levay) who's practices, ideas, and beliefs were tolerated. seems to me like the only real relation between any of the characters you are talking about is geography (san francisco and california in general), a like for psychedelics, and the very general and very popular mentality of that generation that included a dislike for authority and an acceptance of the strange and weird. I know you pointed to a few pieces of info that may suggest relationships, but timothy leary said so much stupid and incoherent stuff i dont know what to make of his take on the occult. I definitely do not believe all of these characters were in on a master plan to implement or perpetuate the visions of aleister crowley. it doesnt matter what anyone thinks though. its all speculation.
........Concerning the Deads role, it is all speculation for sure, but givin the fact that all of the mentioned bands and peoples are on record as promoting " The Law" it would only make sense for the Dead to be involved as well. Whether or not they knew what they were participating In is the question...People are aware and they have answers and opinions. Tey just don't like to talk about it....The only member on record claiming to support the teachings of "the law" is Donna
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#235112 1 year, 6 months ago
Let's hope GD members; et. al., were not into Crowley/occult other than 'hey check this out' for a hot minute rather like a kid messing with a Ouija board (also not a good idea).
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#235145 1 year, 6 months ago
I played with a Ouija board when I was a kid. I'm still more or less in line, and doubt that childhood board games played much of a part in my development, either for better or worse. As for Crowley's law, Crowley died in 1947. He was bisexual, a recreational drug experimenter and a social critic. In many of these roles, he was in revolt against the moral and religious values of his time, espousing a form of libertinism based upon the rule of Do What You Like. Aside from leading everyone to hell in a bucket, why would the CIA and 60's rockers want to follow or espouse Crowleys laws. The Dylan song Gotta Serve Somebody does suggest that u gotta serve somebody. From what I have read, our secret service seurreptitiously overheard the Russians talking about using acid as a mind control substance. This led to the CIA setting up the MKULTRA program. If I understand the theory being presented here, it is that the CIA, Mick Jagger and most of the people in the Rock & Roll hall of fame joined together to spread darkness and revolt against morality. I would banter a guess that musicians spend most of their time playing their instruments, putting musical compositions together, chasing women (or men or both), eating well and having fun rather then concern themselves with implementing Crowley's laws.

Side note: acid was found not to be an effective mind control substance. It's hard to tell someone what to do, when they are giggling uncontrollably. I like these threads that deal with good vs evil and how the universe functions, though IMHO this is a bit about the deep unreal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#235333 1 year, 6 months ago
Mr. Crowley, what went wrong in your head?
Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk with the dead?
Your life style to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
You waited on Satan's call
Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred manifest on this Earth
Conceived in the eye of a secret
And they scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse
Oh, Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic of course
Approaching a time that is classic