• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

John Mayer speaks about The Grateful Dead...

#234187 1 year, 2 months ago

in this months Rolling Stone

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-john...130130#ixzz2JYYxGSFe

page 2..

Have you been writing new music?
No, but I've been listening to stuff and just falling in love with certain things. I've been listening to the Grateful Dead nonstop. Mark my words, the Grateful Dead are gonna make a comeback, because of how that music cleanses your palate. When everything is processed and quantized and gridded out – to hear "Tennessee Jed" played with that lope is a real palate-cleanser. They take their time, sometimes too much. This free expressive sort of spirit – I listen and I want to find a mix of that openness. I kind of want to go to that show, if it still existed. But I wish that there were tunes that I was more familiar with. I wish that I could be the singer. I wish I could have harmonies. And I wish that I coul
d make it seven minutes instead of 13 minutes. Now I'll get the opportunity to kind of try that.

Love for Levon Concert

Tennessee Jed with John Mayer

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

Re: John Mayer speaks about The Grateful Dead...

#234299 1 year, 2 months ago
Love this! his entire last album had some serious Dead undertones, gotta love a contemporary musician payin homage to the greats!
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#234307 1 year, 2 months ago
He is a seriously underrated lead guitarist. Saw him at the two recent stones shows in Newark and he absolutely shredded on both nights.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#234390 1 year, 2 months ago
it's interesting to see a guy who, as a player, generally relied on piecing together licks, starting to evolve into someone with a sense of melody and how to build and elongate a melodic passage beyond a minute or two...it aint easy and gives real sense of appreciation for just what made garcia so unique as a guitar player
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234393 1 year, 2 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
it's interesting to see a guy who, as a player, generally relied on piecing together licks, starting to evolve into someone with a sense of melody and how to build and elongate a melodic passage beyond a minute or two...it aint easy and gives real sense of appreciation for just what made garcia so unique as a guitar player

does any of that matter?

THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COLOR-COORDINATE HIS FASHION ENSEMBLE' TO SAVE HIS LIFE!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Wheelman.
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#234395 1 year, 2 months ago
"Gonna make a comeback".....shit...I never knew they went away or out of favor.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#234396 1 year, 2 months ago
Remember now....

he's dating Katy Perry...
& if he's listening to them nonstop like he claims...
does that mean that Katy Perry is also listening to them alot as well?..........................

{{{~Shake it,,,Shake it.... Ms.Perry~}}}
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Wheelman.
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds