• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Phils' facial expression

#233928 1 year, 7 months ago
Have you noticed that Phil keeps a pained expression on his face while he plays now? Its like frozen on for hours!!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phils' facial expression

#233931 1 year, 7 months ago
I see Phil smiling a whole lot when he plays. Especially when the music is going well. When Jeff lays down something nice Phil's smile becomes radiant.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#233932 1 year, 7 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I see Phil smiling a whole lot when he plays. Especially when the music is going well. When Jeff lays down something nice Phil's smile becomes radiant.

Thats probablly a smile Dave. It just looks like he is in pain. It is constant though. Never used to be.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#233933 1 year, 7 months ago
Pained no, smiling yes and sometimes it seems like he is counting, I'm not a musician but does that mean he is going through scales?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233973 1 year, 7 months ago
I don't know about scales. If he's counting it might have something to do with the tempo. Or he could just be listening very carefully to the music. Even in Furthur he's still largely the one who's directing the jams. That said, I see him smiling quite a lot lately. Looks to me like he's really enjoying himself.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233976 1 year, 7 months ago
I heard its in response to the talkers. "oh, the music is playing. we just have to talk louder now."
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#234033 1 year, 7 months ago
Phil's expression can best be described as "ecstatic concentration"; orgasmic even. The only pain he's feeling is maybe a touch of arthritis in his hands or the knowledge that he MAY not be doing this for 45 more years.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds