• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

where's the beef?

#233864 1 year, 2 months ago
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: where's the beef?

#233892 1 year, 2 months ago
They're not horse-ing around
The voices tell me what to say
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#233898 1 year, 2 months ago
what the hay
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#233936 1 year, 2 months ago
Alright Burger "King", No Horse? Well then it looks like I'll be shifting my purchasing power back to the Clown.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#234120 1 year, 2 months ago
This was only in UK and Ireland. And horse meat is fine to eat, from a nutritional standpoint, and actually tastes somewhere between beef and venison.

Some countries commonly serve horse meat. It's only taboo in countries that view them as "pets" where a social stigma has developed over the eating of horse meat.

I'd rather eat horse meat than "pink slime" or other processed meats.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_meat
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Strider1.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#234122 1 year, 2 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
This was only in UK and Ireland. And horse meat is fine to eat, from a nutritional standpoint, and actually tastes somewhere between beef and venison.

Some countries commonly serve horse meat. It's only in countries that view them as "pets" where a social stigma has developed over the eating of horse meat.

I'll agree with you on the pink slime!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you want to kick the fast food habit quickly and effectively, just see the movie Fast Food Nation. You'll never have another fast food burger again, at least I haven't.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#234126 1 year, 2 months ago
Strider1 wrote:

Some countries commonly serve horse meat. It's only in countries that view them as "pets" where a social stigma has developed over the eating of horse meat.

In further defense of horse meat from a vegetarian, it's probably a healthier alternative to beef as a horse's diet is probably healthier, since it's not intended to grow big and meaty like cows.

Meat eaters ought to take a peek at the food chain that precedes the meat they eat. It's unfortunate that time travel is not yet possible. If you could go back about a hundred years, you would be amazed at the smell, taste, and flavor of meat, fish, and poultry, especially if the only meat that you know is the factory-farmed meat of today. About 20 years ago, I stopped eating meat because of sensory changes that I recognized - pork and bacon smelled different, beef had a different flavor, chicken looked adulterated. Chicken "fingers?" WTF? Never mind...
Thank You Jerry
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#234127 1 year, 2 months ago
Kangatarianism.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#234140 1 year, 2 months ago
furthur than them being pets, they have the capacity for affection and label of nobility, these lending to the creepiness in thought of eating them...but animal affection can be qualified, just like animal intelligence...
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#234148 1 year, 2 months ago
for the record, i'd eat just about any meat. the weirder it is, the more inclined i am to try it.

i'd eat horse in a heart beat.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds