• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1802
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: What's the secret?

#234057 1 year, 2 months ago
Even when i was touring in the 80s and dropping, my body would tell me when the time was up. I have memories of becoming agitated with friends who would dose me without my knowledge when I did not want to. There is always that one person in a group that is immune to any problem of taking too much too fast. I was not one of them.

Fast forward 25 years to the present day, I am a little girl when it comes to partying now. Cheap date for my wife. 3 scotches a couple of beers and im toasted. The only things that woudl help me when on tour was a lot of Vitamin C. And Water. Always had a sack of oranges with me and jugs of H2O.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6959
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: What's the secret?

#234060 1 year, 2 months ago
Smoothies

If I don't have to work the next day I'm usually ok. Even then I have to remind myself to not go all in on the 1st night. That could be tough at the Ogden We'll have to form our own support group for the show. See you there man! Getting excited?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
karenrose
Gold Boarder
Posts:1125
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: What's the secret?

#234061 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:


If I don't have to work the next day I'm usually ok.

I always take the next day off 'cause I KNOW I'll need to recoop! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder
Posts:250

Re: What's the secret?

#234063 1 year, 2 months ago
For me all about , pacing. Water, Water, Water, ....and sleep, naps, food......and of course the love of music always adds that extra boost.

Slowed down major on drugs since late 80'-90's.....has helped a lot in making it through.....
Someday, everything is gonna be different
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8086

Re: What's the secret?

#234105 1 year, 2 months ago
yea work the next day always kills you, always plan smart with that. I drove 4 hours home after a show once and went to work with an hours sleep the next day... all day asking myself "why didn't I just take it off" ... I go to a lot of shows so I like to work as much as I can during a tour, but you gotta pace yourself better then that!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4663
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: What's the secret?

#234113 1 year, 2 months ago
Great thread!!! I can tell you this much. It doesn't matter if you just drink, use party favors, or sober. I feel the same physically after a three day run. Mentally there's a difference. I know the next time I do a three day run, I'm going to pay more attention to the shoes I'm going to wear. Maybe buy some dr scholes soles for my shoes. I think that helps. And the obvious is getting at least 6-8 hours of sleep. A shower every morning to feel fresh. Spraying some cologne or some smelly good stuff on ya. Helps you feel good. Rock stars are a must for me. This is the kinda stuff I need.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: What's the secret?

#234124 1 year, 2 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Great thread!!! I can tell you this much. It doesn't matter if you just drink, use party favors, or sober. I feel the same physically after a three day run. Mentally there's a difference. I know the next time I do a three day run, I'm going to pay more attention to the shoes I'm going to wear. Maybe buy some dr scholes soles for my shoes. I think that helps. And the obvious is getting at least 6-8 hours of sleep. A shower every morning to feel fresh. Spraying some cologne or some smelly good stuff on ya. Helps you feel good. Rock stars are a must for me. This is the kinda stuff I need.


Agree with the energy drink suggestion. Like the RockStars, too..especially "Recovery" (orange). Seems to at least ease the fog of the next morning a bit... However, the water, water, water, advice is also key. My problem is that I typically forget to do it during the show.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Phred.
karenrose
Gold Boarder
Posts:1125
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: What's the secret?

#234125 1 year, 2 months ago
Last time I was at a Broomfield show, I had a little....um...trouble...needed to regulate my bifiditus. Luckily, the hotel had some Activia. Problem solved!...TMI? Keep your bifiditus regular!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Re: What's the secret?

#234131 1 year, 2 months ago
Ok lots of good suggestions here...but the great equilizer and I GTD it works:

If you wanna hang out, you got to take her out................

Feel young & super again for 3 days.......

the recovery period is a lot more painful thoug(than it used to be)
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: What's the secret?

#234134 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Smoothies

If I don't have to work the next day I'm usually ok. Even then I have to remind myself to not go all in on the 1st night. That could be tough at the Ogden We'll have to form our own support group for the show. See you there man! Getting excited?


Definitely getting excited. Should be an amazing show...just happy to have tix. StubHub prices are approaching insanity, if not already there.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds