• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: What's the secret?

#233874 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you're trying to tell me it's going to get worse?

i have been coming to the slow realization that i cannot dance like a maniac anymore. my knees simply won't allow it. the cartilage has been worn out. i don't even want to know what it's going to be like in 10-20 years.

You'll hurt a little more and take a little bit longer to recover, but you'll still love every second of it!!
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#233875 1 year, 8 months ago
Don't ask me, 3 straight of Couch Tour wears me out
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#233883 1 year, 8 months ago
Phil is 73. Anytime I think that I'm to old to go dance at shows, I think that if Phil can play I have no excuse to not dance. Or at least show up. Row Tim's post (see above) is true!
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#233884 1 year, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
bring lots of your preferred choice of pain reliever.

The only way I can manage....I'm so glad I'm not the only oldie...I was getting a little worried that I might not be able to keep up with you all in Broomfield! I, too, find it hard to stay awake for the couch tours, but when I'm there live, the energy of everyone around me & that fact that I'M REALLY THERE AGAIN keeps me going. I was a bit of a late Dead bloomer, so I'm just gettin' goin'!! Bring it on!!
Oh yeah, I'M A SENIOR BOARDER NOW!
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by karenrose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, SunshineSue
OZA
Senior Boarder

#233889 1 year, 8 months ago
This is the first time I am glad I was too young to see the Dead. I went hard for NYE, and didn't have too long of a recovery time. I didn't really do activities during the day (usually, I was tripping INTO the morning/day), but come nighttime I was refreshed and ready to shroom or dose again.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#233911 1 year, 8 months ago
Don't feel pressured to stay on the floor; sit down whenever you want; stay hydrated; get proper sleep; eat well; don't feel like you have to hit it every time it comes around; know your limit on substance use; get and give plenty of REAL hugs; stay in shape; let the music heal you.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Strider1, Cosmic Arkie, Phred
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#233919 1 year, 8 months ago
Dancing is not only for young people.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by nycdave.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#233921 1 year, 8 months ago
Going to work everyday and raising a son makes me feel old. Going to shows and dancing makes me feel young. I have a much harder time recovering from work than I do shows
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, nycdave, Phred
perry
Senior Boarder

#233923 1 year, 8 months ago
The secret? I love to party, but prefer to go light for shows. You're safe to drive home and remember the show the next day. Probably helps that I only go to shows in the Denver area so I am in my own bed every night and then don't hit the lot until an hour or two before showtime. Days of all day partying in the lot and psychedelics are long gone for me.

Edit: Floor at Broomfield can get crowded up front, the seats in the back bowl usually have space to dance and good sight lines.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by perry.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#233926 1 year, 8 months ago
Phred wrote:
Okay...I'll admit it, I'm getting older. I find it harder and harder to continue partying on multiple nights. Now, with the Ogden and Broomfield shows coming up, I find myself doing three show in a row (again!) Thursday thru Saturday (have to travel out of town on Sunday). How does everyone do it? Take a night off from the extra curriculars? Or is there something I'm missing? Any advice appreciated...any sage wisdom accepted. (New Years run damn near killed me). Peace.

Your body will tell you when to let up. It has tremendous recouperating powers, yet once you begin to abuse it, it will let you know. Nobody has ever beaten booze or dope. ITs as simple as that.

You cant beat ole John Barleycorn.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds