• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder

What's the secret?

#233828 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay...I'll admit it, I'm getting older. I find it harder and harder to continue partying on multiple nights. Now, with the Ogden and Broomfield shows coming up, I find myself doing three show in a row (again!) Thursday thru Saturday (have to travel out of town on Sunday). How does everyone do it? Take a night off from the extra curriculars? Or is there something I'm missing? Any advice appreciated...any sage wisdom accepted. (New Years run damn near killed me). Peace.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Phred.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: What's the secret?

#233830 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh man. You sound like me. I don't know if I can give any advice in this area. I only just recovered from NYE.
Get sleep ahead of time. Drink plenty of fluids, and bring lots of your preferred choice of pain reliever.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#233831 1 year, 6 months ago
NYE shows confirmed, that I can't do it That's why I'm skipping ogden (i'm claustrophobic and can't handle being packed in like a sardine) and only doing 2 of the 3 Broomfield. In the city by the third night, I was SPENT. I'm gonna hit it hard, but at this time in my life, I got the energy for 2 consecs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Chester
More or less in line

#233832 1 year, 6 months ago
And coffee. Lots of coffee.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred, SugarMee
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#233837 1 year, 6 months ago
It is definitely a lot harder than it used to be! Though I have to say I was amazed at how good I felt during and after Red Rocks. I think not dosing for any of the shows (just smoking) made a big difference, as did not doing a whole lot during the days between to save energy. I'm a lot more worried about 3 nights on the floor in Broomfield with no seats. Now that might be a whole different story...
Phred
Senior Boarder

#233842 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="SunshineSue" post=233837]It is definitely a lot harder than it used to be! Though I have to say I was amazed at how good I felt during and after Red Rocks. I think not dosing for any of the shows (just smoking) made a big difference, as did not doing a whole lot during the days between to save energy. I'm a lot more worried about 3 nights on the floor in Broomfield with no seats. Now that might be a whole different story... [/quo
Red Rocks was my first "awakening" that things had changed. I found myself "bench-locked" ... and this after ONLY smoking (of course, I violated my rule of only smoking what I grow, and taking a friendly row-mate's offer of herb...or whatever the hell it was) . Anyway, just feeling old, I guess.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#233846 1 year, 6 months ago
Phred wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
It is definitely a lot harder than it used to be! Though I have to say I was amazed at how good I felt during and after Red Rocks. I think not dosing for any of the shows (just smoking) made a big difference, as did not doing a whole lot during the days between to save energy. I'm a lot more worried about 3 nights on the floor in Broomfield with no seats. Now that might be a whole different story...

Red Rocks was my first "awakening" that things had changed. I found myself "bench-locked" ... and this after ONLY smoking (of course, I violated my rule of only smoking what I grow, and taking a friendly row-mate's offer of herb...or whatever the hell it was) . Anyway, just feeling old, I guess.

Well, I was sure impressed at how well you were trotting around Red Rocks with a cast on!! That had to have sapped up a lot of extra energy.

Chester wrote:

And ibuprofen. Lots and lots of ibuprofen!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#233847 1 year, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:

Oh Yeah!! That goes 2 ways with me. I love espresso, so that's a given in the morning. I drink beer (a lot), but my drink of choice is my signature mocha-chini-tini. If you like a mocha from a coffee shop, you'll love it. Almost all alcohol with a kick and you can barely taste it too.

in a shaker with ice, 2 1/2 parts (nice vodka) 3 shots espresso, 1/2 - 1 part chocolate vodka, 1/2 part mix of half and half and baileys. Shake Baby Shake!!

Get a small tupperware container and put 3/4 half and half and 1/4 Baileys in, cover and shake well.

Take martini glass and dip in plate of chocolate syrup, then dip in plate of Nestle Quick.

Pour contents from shaker into martini glass, open tupperware and take spoon and skim off top of froth and place on top of drink and top that with Nestle Quick sprinkle..

Use good straight vodka and good chocolate vodka to feel well later. I'm super excited to make these for you guys in Colorado!! YIPPEEEE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Warlock, SunshineSue, Phred
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233862 1 year, 6 months ago
you're trying to tell me it's going to get worse?

i have been coming to the slow realization that i cannot dance like a maniac anymore. my knees simply won't allow it. the cartilage has been worn out. i don't even want to know what it's going to be like in 10-20 years.

sitting down whenever i can and sleep during the day are what keep me going at shows now.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#233867 1 year, 6 months ago
IMG_1160.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, nycdave, kevin, SunshineSue, Strider1, Cosmic Arkie, direwolflove222, karenrose
Time to create page: 3.80 seconds